PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo2] Epg

Fuzzy
06-10-14, 16:07
Just upgraded from Apollo 42 to 43 and the epg button brings up program information instead of the epg. Reverted back to build 41 and the epg button works fine again.

Thanks in advance.

Larry-G
06-10-14, 16:16
Just upgraded from Apollo 42 to 43 and the epg button brings up program information instead of the epg. Reverted back to build 41 and the epg button works fine again.

Thanks in advance.

Press and hold the EPG button in for about 5 seconds, this will open a new menu where you can pick which EPG screen to assign to the EPG button by default.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk HD

johnhoe
06-10-14, 16:35
Can't set the default epg anymore on Apollo 43, despite holding epg button in and resetting it. It just brings up program info here also, on the Vu+ Solo2. Reverted back to 41.

GiP
06-10-14, 16:38
Press and hold the EPG button in for about 5 seconds, this will open a new menu where you can pick which EPG screen to assign to the EPG button by default.

It doesn't seem to work. Long EPG-> Graphical EPG works but Long EPG -> set default -> Graph EPG doesn' t do anything. It stil dislplays Prog Info.

The idea is interesting, but why change the default to something you can get easily anyway?

G

Larry-G
06-10-14, 16:41
It doesn't seem to work. Long EPG-> Graphical EPG works but Long EPG -> set default -> Graph EPG doesn' t do anything. It stil dislplays Prog Info.

The idea is interesting, but why change the default to something you can get easily anyway?

G

It has always been there for those who don't want G-EPG to be the default when pressing the EPG button. Personally I very rarely if ever use the graphical EPG.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk HD

Fuzzy
06-10-14, 16:56
Thanks Phoenix but I tried that and it still brings up program info. I can get the graphical epg but only by holding the epg button and selecting graphical. When I'm watching a recording I can't even do that, it just gives program info. It was fine in 41 and 42 but not 43

GiP
06-10-14, 16:59
It has always been there for those who don't want G-EPG to be the default when pressing the EPG button. Personally I very rarely if ever use the graphical EPG.

Ok, but that would be a good reason not to change the default in an update. And it seems it is not possible to get it back. Is there a config file to change by hand maybe?

G

Peterj
06-10-14, 17:01
I have the same problem on my duo2 and solo se. Not on my ET6500.
Can't set it to default G-EPG.
:(

using red button gives correct G-EPG.

EDIT:
long press on EPG button and set new default, affects the red button, not EPG button.
Also red button gets other EPG , e.g choose G-EPG, it get Multi EPG and visaversa.

Tangfolio
06-10-14, 17:03
I have same problem, updated to 043 and no EPG.
I can get an EPG by long press and select EPG but if I long press and choose option to set default EPG and choose graphical it just goes back to giving the info-bar thing on EPG button press.

dymebox
06-10-14, 17:56
Same problem here. EPG is no longer opening the graphical EPG by default, and neither can I appear to change it.

Rob van der Does
06-10-14, 18:07
We now have 'Hotkey' to adjust the settings. And not only for this button, but to virtually all.
It is in the system menu.

Larry-G
06-10-14, 18:13
We now have 'Hotkey' to adjust the settings. And not only for this button, but to virtually all.

Thanks rob, it has been a long time since I last used the G-EPG so was doubting my own advice there for a second, thank you for clearing things up.

GiP
06-10-14, 18:22

I tried but whatever I put as action, EPG opens prog info. Either long EPG and set def or setup-hotkey -extrakey- epg/guide -EPG- open multi- Save. It deosn't seem to make any difference. The only way to get the old EPG is long EPG -5

G

Rob van der Does
06-10-14, 18:24
Next build is being compiled as we speak; that will have the ViX G-EPG in Hotkey as well.

uscool
06-10-14, 18:25
same issue here as well :confused:

Rob van der Does
06-10-14, 18:25
same issue here as well :confused:
Maybe because we all use the same image :confused:

Peterj
06-10-14, 18:32
Why does the Vu's have this problem and the ET6500 not? How about the other boxes?
What about the issue the red key get's the wrong default?

judge
06-10-14, 18:37
Why does the Vu's have this problem and the ET6500 not? How about the other boxes?

Presume because VU only has an EPG button & ET have Info and EPG buttons.

nsw9154
06-10-14, 18:47
Just checked as my LX3 is still on 41 and EPG is working ok 41 was ok as well on my Duo2 but after upgrading to 43 I am having the same issues so reverted back to 40 for the time being as I need to set up some recordings as I am going out tonight so will try again later

john doe
06-10-14, 20:17
I have same issue on solo2. held button down and menu popped up, go to graphical epg and press ok and restart, nothing, even if I go into set as default.

although I can click on graphical epg and it does come up, but a pain to do all the time,.

Rob van der Does
06-10-14, 20:43
Presume because VU only has an EPG button & ET have Info and EPG buttons.
Yep.
And in fact it's even worse: VU has an Info-button, but printed EPG on it......

dallast
06-10-14, 21:51
Same issue here.

I use Cross EPG all the time as I'm sure a lot of users do. To date for every version / build of VIX, pressing the EPG button loads Cross EPG once its setup. This is exactly what I prefer. Having read this thread, non of the suggested fixes work for re-instating this desired behaviour to the EPG key.

Can we please revert back to the way things were. I want my EPG to just work without me having to set up any keys. I dont want to have to remember to do that months from now when I'm updating or something. Please just reinstate this desired behaviour.

Anyone else agree ?

csm7djs
06-10-14, 21:52
All working fine on 43 and LX3 XPeed box...

Upgraded tonight from 41 and no problems what so ever

grahammcm1888
06-10-14, 21:58
I think we are just going to hold tight for 44 guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rob van der Does
06-10-14, 22:02
.... To date for every version / build of VIX, pressing the EPG button loads Cross EPG once its setup. ....
EPG-button loads Cross? This is completely new to me. I have no idea what you mean.

The EPG-button is supposed to open an EPG-view, nothing to do with Cross.
So press long-EPG and select the view you want to see, or wait for the next build to be able to make the desired behaviour of the EPG-button.

dallast
06-10-14, 22:08
EPG-button loads Cross? This is completely new to me. I have no idea what you mean.

The EPG-button is supposed to open an EPG-view, nothing to do with Cross.
So press long-EPG and select the view you want to see, or wait for the next build to be able to make the desired behaviour of the EPG-button.

Did you miss the "once its setup" bit ?
I install VIX, Menu, Setup, System, EPG, Cross EPG, configure it, save etc. Then pressing EPG button loads Cross EPG. Whats not to understand ?

I'm talking about this screen. At present, on build 43, there is no way to assign it to the EPG button.

judge
06-10-14, 22:13
I install VIX, Menu, Setup, System, EPG, Cross EPG, configure it, save etc. Then pressing EPG button loads Cross EPG. Whats not to understand ?

It's not loading Cross EPG, it's loading Graphical EPG.
Also, some boxes have both EPG & Info buttons. The ones that don't have both are a bit problematic at the moment, currently being worked on...

dallast
06-10-14, 22:19
It's not loading Cross EPG, it's loading Graphical EPG.
Also, some boxes have both EPG & Info buttons. The ones that don't have both are a bit problematic at the moment, currently being worked on...

Its not loading either, pressing epg just brings up the current program info. Can we just leave the epg button alone, let it do what it always did by default.

judge
06-10-14, 22:33
Can we just leave the epg button alone, let it do what it always did by default.

Yes, as I said: currently being worked on.

seame
06-10-14, 23:12

I'm talking about this screen. At present, on build 43, there is no way to assign it to the EPG button.

You're getting confused between cross epg and graphical epg. Cross epg downloads the info to populate the graphical epg which your box uses to display the info on your tv screen.

Rob van der Does
07-10-14, 04:09
I install VIX, Menu, Setup, System, EPG, Cross EPG, configure it, save etc. Then pressing EPG button loads Cross EPG. Whats not to understand?
Ah, I see that you misinterpret Cross.
Cross is one of the way's to download EPG-data to your box. Cross is loaded via the menu --> EPG --> Cross.
What you're talking about is to show the EPG (whatever the source of the data is).

But with Hotkey you can indeed bring Cross up with any button you like :)

But please don't get so nervous: for the moment you can bring any EPG via EPG-long-push and select. And as has been said: in the next build you can again assign the EPG-button to show the desired EPG-view directly.

zl1dt
07-10-14, 07:42
New update, all fixed!! Thanks guys

john doe
07-10-14, 17:51
what update. nothing showing

zl1dt
07-10-14, 21:15
Apollo 44, then 45 this morning in New Zealand

pembo
08-10-14, 06:14

Hotkey has disappeared in my 045 update. Was this intended to avoid the GEPG problem for now till it's added to hotkeys, and will it make a reappearance in a latr release?

I had a play with hotkeys and found it really useful to program my universal remote to do other things, e.g. on my VU box, have an info and an EPG button that work! Even though hotkeys menu is not there, my hotkeys are defined still :)

Rob van der Does
08-10-14, 06:51
Hotkey is in UserInterface.

pembo
08-10-14, 06:59
lol - thanks
Feel like a lazy bugger now not spotting that :D

isak5503
10-10-14, 10:29
And note that on VU Solo2 at least, the button that is marked 'EPG' on the remote, is called 'INFO' when programming in the menus... :p

GiP
10-10-14, 10:45
The EPG button is "Info" for the Duo2 too.

G

Rob van der Does
10-10-14, 18:24
Correct. VU decided to paint 'EPG' on the Info-button :confused: