PDA

View Full Version : T2 tuning

thor1
06-10-14, 14:48
I have just scanned freeview on the LX3 but no HD channels are picked up from Winter Hill, is there any setting I need to alter

abu baniaz
06-10-14, 15:16
Using ABM or normal scan?

thor1
06-10-14, 15:40
normal scan
I have just tried ABM still no HD section for freeview

abu baniaz
06-10-14, 17:14
Try this xml. Please backup your existing one first. It goes in /etc/tuxbox/

thor1
06-10-14, 17:56
no that didn't bring them down, do a manual search and it finds them

birdman
07-10-14, 02:24
Try this xml. Please backup your existing one first. It goes in /etc/tuxbox/So should there be an entry per-mux for each Freeview UK transmitter?
Just that my transmitter (Sandy Hill) only has one defined in the standard terrestrial.xml file, and that is for a frequency it doesn't actually transmit on. Which might explain why I had to do a full scan.

birdman
07-10-14, 12:47
So should there be an entry per-mux for each Freeview UK transmitter?Obviosuly so, as I tested it today by editing terrestrial.xml to contain just the Generic Europe set, and the actual 8 mux frequencies for Sandy Heath (not Hill) and it worked fine - just scanning those channels when I selected that for the tuner.

abu baniaz
07-10-14, 12:55
Making a list of all areas makes it very big to nvigate through.
Adding teh scan patch for both T and T2 are on to do list.
Adding T2 to aABM also on todo list.

thor1
07-10-14, 13:11
at the moment I am making a manual bouquet of my Freeview HD channels, CH31 and CH54 seem to be the problem from winter hill

birdman
07-10-14, 13:51
Making a list of all areas makes it very big to nvigate through.For DVB-T(2) it would make for a much smaller (and easier to maintain) file if the frequencies etc. were defined once for each channel, then each transmitter just had a list of its channel numbers.

abu baniaz
07-10-14, 14:03
All the frequencies are already listed in the Europe entry. T/T2 not specified hence issue in our image.

I think I may have uploaded wrong details above. I'll recheck later on tonight.

birdman
07-10-14, 21:40
All the frequencies are already listed in the Europe entry. T/T2 not specified hence issue in our image.They are, and a full-scan works.
But the terrestrial.xml file also contains an entry for each of the UK Freeview transmitters, and these don't work (not even for SD channles) as there is only one frequency per-transmitter listed. So as a new user I set the transmitter for my tuner and found nothing at all on a scan. Confusing....

abu baniaz
08-10-14, 00:36
@thor, try this one. Make sure you restart receiver and check the tuner setting.

@Birdman
The terrestrial.xml does not list all the muxes. It only lists some of them. Some of those have a single entry making them useless. While the other items are being done, we will seek to remove/update those entries.

All the transmitter details can be found at
http://www.ukfree.tv/closedown.php The details he has are more up to date than the ones on the ofcom site.
http://stakeholders.ofcom.org.uk/broadcasting/guidance/tech-guidance/transmitter-frequency/

Generating the xml file is relatively easy, as you can enter the channels numbers, a vlookup function returns the rest. As I mentioned, listing all of them gives too many options to scroll through.

thor1
08-10-14, 09:30
just download V2 used it to bring all freeview HD channels in. thanks

robbie
09-11-14, 20:42
I`ve been searching for a working xml file for Winter Hill for ages.This one is spot on,HD and all,thank you:)

abu baniaz
09-11-14, 20:52
I`ve been searching for a working xml file for Winter Hill for ages.This one is spot on,HD and all,thank you:)
It is already in the image.

robbie
09-11-14, 21:08
I used it in blackhole 2.1.1 image on vu duo 2