PDA

View Full Version : Glitching recordings problem

BURNSY9999
05-10-14, 10:57
Hi guys i have my Miraclebox Premium Twin Hd for a few weeks now and when i try to watch recordings I'm getting glitching constantly every few seconds anyone have this problem.
i have tried 4 different hard drives 3.5 & 2.5 with same results. Any help would be great..
Thanks in advance...

gilvey
05-10-14, 10:59
Try turning the fan speed up above 2000

BURNSY9999
05-10-14, 11:00
Try turning the fan speed up above 2000
thanks bud i will try it now
same results bud but thanks for you help..

Sicilian
05-10-14, 11:43
Did you initialise the HDD correctly? Menu > Setup >System > Storage devices?

Free to air or encrypted channels?

BURNSY9999
05-10-14, 11:56
Did you initialise the HDD correctly? Menu > Setup >System > Storage devices?

Free to air or encrypted channels?
yes m8 ,did initialise the HDD correctly and Free to air HD channels,sd doing the same..

BURNSY9999
05-10-14, 12:50
i have contacted WOS just incase its a fault with the box.
thanks everyone for your help

birdman
05-10-14, 13:54
Hi guys i have my Miraclebox Premium Twin Hd for a few weeks now and when i try to watch recordings I'm getting glitching constantly every few seconds anyone have this problem.Not that I'm aware of.
I did have one recording that broke-up at the start, but it settled down after a few seconds. And that was the only recording I've done in "record now" mode, so I assume it was related to starting up in the middle of a GOP.

mcquaim
05-10-14, 14:05
Is the recording playing ok if you transfer it to your PC and play it?

Also, maybe try to transfer a recording to a usb drive and try playing it on the receiver from it. Just to check if it's perhaps drivers or something like that.

Are you on the latest Vix image?

nipperlocko
05-10-14, 15:45
I have reverted back to build 808 with no problems at all, was on helios 041 with loads of glitching even on older recordings from the hard drive hope this helps

Joe_90
05-10-14, 15:49
I have reverted back to build 808 with no problems at all, was on helios 041 with loads of glitching even on older recordings from the hard drive hope this helps

Do you not have a Technomate box? This is a Miraclebox Twin thread.

nipperlocko
05-10-14, 16:30
yes I have a technomate box and I find that sometimes the glitching is caused by the image/drivers hence the reason I mentioned the builds I am on

Joe_90
05-10-14, 17:07
Fair enough, but you might have mentioned that in your post. The original poster has no way of knowing that you are referring to an issue on a different box. The interactions between drivers and images cause different issues on different boxes, usually. There is a pattern of disk-related problems on Quad and Quad Plus boxes since release 025 of ViX which is when new linux kernel code and drivers were implemented. There have been no similar issues reported on the Miraclebox Premium Twin or other makes so far so this may well be a completely different issue. I'm just trying to ensure that the fault diagnosis is as clear as possible. :)

strebord
05-10-14, 17:39
I also have a technomate and upgrade to build 41 yesterday but was having constant glitches and freezes so gone back to build 37 and it's rock steady.

BURNSY9999
05-10-14, 18:13
sending back tomorrow as advised by WOS