PDA

View Full Version : openwebif streaming port

has786
04-10-14, 17:29
Hi guys

Got another query for you this time streaming related.

Whenever i browse to my receivers webpage and i want to stream a movie stored on the usb hdd in the receiver, the movie will stream fine however whenever i want to stream a tv channel it does not work.

I have looked at the files generated for streaming and i can see that the movies are configured to go through port 80 however the tv channel is configured to go through port 8001. Is there a way to change the port?

abu baniaz
04-10-14, 23:04
Tried on same class of receiver, working fine. Can you post step by step way to reproduce issue please. Specifially what you are clicking to initiate the stream.

Can you also confirm that you have an available tuner when you start the process?

has786
05-10-14, 01:10
Tried on same class of receiver, working fine. Can you post step by step way to reproduce issue please. Specifially what you are clicking to initiate the stream.

Can you also confirm that you have an available tuner when you start the process?

Ok if you got it working then I must be doing something wrong...

So if I want to stream a tv channel in PC I launch either Firefox or IE.
Type the ip address for the receiver, which will the prompt for the username and password for the openwebif page.
When the page launches the bouquets tab is pre selected so I click on the satellites tab which will then load the list of satellites.
I then select the service which hosts the tv channel I which to stream. This will expand and display the available channels for that specific service.
I will then locate the channel I wish to stream and click on the tv icon on the right hand side.
This launches a window which prompts to open or save a 'stream.m3u' file.
I usually click open and this launches Windows Media Player which just sits there saying opening media.

Saving the file or opening with VLC does not change anything, the behaviour is the same.

has786
05-10-14, 01:13
oh yes i forgot to say i do have 2 tuners available which work fine to watch tv. Also i always make sure that the dish is parked on the channel i wish to stream.

judge
05-10-14, 01:19
Type the ip address for the receiver, which will the prompt for the username and password for the openwebif page.

So, you've changed some default settings?

lemi
05-10-14, 07:18
Working fine here with mozilla firefox and vlc.Are you talking home network or outside lan??What version is vlc?Have you tried xbmc?

has786
05-10-14, 13:36
Judge

The only thing I changed was to enable http authentication so that if I type the ip address of the receiver it prompts for a username and password.

For security I have password protected my receiver which I believe it is always recommended.

It is all worth knowing that I have not forwarded or opened port 8001 on my router. I won't open ports willy neelly unless I know what im doing :).

Lemi

VLC version was the latest available. Do i need to use a specific one?

XMBC i have never used but i have heard about it.

abu baniaz
05-10-14, 17:03
Screenshot show what happens for me on openwebif.

Can I suggest you chaneg default program for m3u files to VLC and report back.

has786
05-10-14, 19:14
Abu,

I had some success with VLC but I had to restart the receiver and then attempt to stream. However it does not work for every channel.
Windows media player just does not work for me when it comes to streaming.

How to i get it work for every channel?

abu baniaz
05-10-14, 20:41
Let's leave streaming to one side for a moment. Are you able to record one encrypted channel while watching another?

If you are using CCcam, which version number?

has786
13-10-14, 21:49
Hi Abu sorry for delay on replying

i have never recorded anything from this box. the cccam i'm using is v.2.3.0