PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo] Build 041 Media Player issues with NTFS 1T USB HDD

oskarso
04-10-14, 10:15
Having issues with using my 1T External USB drive in the out-of-the-box VIX media player (unsure of the official name). Disk has been used successfully on previous Apollo versions before the "feed restructure" forcing re-flash

Vu+ Solo
Version: Apollo
Build: 041
Kernel: 3.9.6
Drivers: 2014-07-15
Last update: 2014-09-29

Default Skin

Plugins installed (apart from default Build plugins):
ntfs-3g (1.0-r0) - installed via the feeds

Did full restart after plugin install external hard drive not connected at all until after completed restart

-Successfully listed hdd directory in media directory, entering hdd direcotry succesfully lists HDD content on disk, browsed to subfolder on disk called "Video" sucessfully listed sub folders again, browsed subfolder "_Series"
-Failed to list content in subfolder "_Series" showing only the ".." browsing option, that brings me back to subsequent (empty) folders all the way back to /media/ where now hdd and autofs is showing as folders, both showing empty content when entering

Other times when I connect the HDD I get the VIX top left corner logo spinning forever locking any remote input, hard restart only option. Can I produce any logs out of such as VIX-logo spinn?

judge
04-10-14, 10:38
It looks like ntfs might not be fully compatible with new kernel builds. Why not format the hdd using the box so it's in EXT4 format?

oskarso
04-10-14, 12:23
It looks like ntfs might not be fully compatible with new kernel builds. Why not format the hdd using the box so it's in EXT4 format?
Are EXT4 compatible with Windows and OS-X these days? Ideally I would have liked the drive to be exFAT so it is compatible with Enigma2, Windows and OS-X but as I also had issues with exFAT so I landed on NTFS, that previously were working, so at least I can swap the disk (using USB) between my Windows and Engima.

If there is a file format that support files above 5GB and that supports USB read/write through Windows, Mac and Enigma I would go for that any day of the week.

Mavarick
05-10-14, 20:26
Try here, it is an issue others have had, this may work for you
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?40343-external-HD-wont-play-since-Apollo-25