PDA

View Full Version : Trouble getting 1T NTFS External USB drive to mount using plugin ntfs-3g (1.0-r0)

oskarso
02-10-14, 20:00
Having issues with using my 1T External USB drive in the out-of-the-box VIX media player (unsure of the official name). Disk has been used successfully on previous Apollo versions before the "feed restructure" forcing re-flash

Vu+ Solo
Version: Apollo
Build: 041
Kernel: 3.9.6
Drivers: 2014-07-15
Last update: 2014-09-29

Default Skin

Plugins installed (apart from default Build plugins):
ntfs-3g (1.0-r0) - installed via the feeds

Did full restart after plugin install external hard drive not connected at all until after completed restart

First run:
-Accessing the Media Player shows no content
-Pressing Location (Yellow), brings up a) /media/hdd/movie b) Expansion /media/hdd/
-Selecting any location listed, gives error saying Directory does not exist on drive
-Back in the empty Move Player list hitting (Menu) on remote, select Device mounts after a display of "please wait while..." I get a crash log displayed that mentions "transport endpoint is not connected /media/hdd/" (I'm not able to FTP to retrieve the full log atm)

Second run:
-Tried full restart while external HDD connected, restart never completes with swirling VIX logo in top left corner or screen
-Disconnected HDD, hard restart using restart button back of STB
-After restarted successfully connected HDD and opened media player
-Successfully listed hdd directory in media directory, entering hdd direcotry succesfully lists HDD content on disk, browsed to subfolder on disk called "Video" sucessfully listed sub folders again, browsed subfolder "_Series"
-Failed to list content in subfolder "_Series" showing only the ".." browsing option, that brings me back to subsequent (empty) folders all the way back to /media/ where now hdd and autofs is showing as folders, both showing empty content when entering

Third run:
-Tried full restart while external HDD connected, restart never completes with swirling VIX logo in top left corner or screen
-Same procedure and results as Second run
-Back in "empty" movie player list hit (Menu)-button on remote, choose "Device Mounts"
-Correctly showing USB: Expansion, Size: 976.76GB, Mount: /media/hh, Device /dev/sda1 Type: fuseblk R/W
-Choosing Setup Mounts (Green), USB: Expansion showing, hitting Save (Green) system ask for restart for changes to take effect, choose YES
-Once restart is done, enter Media Player listing in /media/ is hdd and autofs
-Tries to open "hdd" but system locks up in swirling VIX logo in top left corner or screen

oskarso
03-10-14, 15:37
Just me having issues with NTFS HDDs on Build 041? Can someone confirm this the ntfs plugin is working flawlessly for them? Thanks

oskarso
04-10-14, 10:20
This thread has been recreated and reported as a possible bug, so feel free to delete this tread.

The possible bug report can be found here:
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?40994-Build-041-Media-Player-issues-with-NTFS-1T-USB-HDD