PDA

View Full Version : ocram picons

deleted
02-10-14, 18:56
Here are one of the latest auto-build ipk packages with my picons.
The server will be online for a limited time until the VIX-team has updated to build 42 in wich the file "ocram-feed.conf" has been removed. It could take a while for the DNS update has reached al users. This should fix the problem that some users are having related to not being able to update or install plugins.

When enough users have updated to the latest VIX image version, the server will be shutdown forever and the buildscript will be released so that users can build their own ipk packages.

EDIT:
You can download latest packs built by Ocram from

https://github.com/picons/picons/releases

https://github.com/picons/picons-source/releases

deleted
02-10-14, 19:00
A few shd versions can't be uploaded due to forum limit of 8MB.

deleted
02-10-14, 20:33
At the moment a domain lookup for picons.org points to the new ip 178.62.214.42, so people still experiencing problems should clear their DNS cache OR wait a bit more.
Those that use the ocram-feed but are not going to update to the latest version of OpenVIX, please manually delete the file ocram-feed.conf in /etc/opkg, to prevent any problems in the future.

Build scripts(stripped down versions) have been uploaded to the picons repository at BitBucket, perhaps not the most prettiest things around, but they served me well the last couple of years :D

Sorry for the inconvenience that taking the server offline has caused, but I was unaware that the feed was re-added to the OpenVIX image.

Rob van der Does
02-10-14, 21:08
Sorry for the inconvenience that taking the server offline has caused, but I was unaware that the feed was re-added to the OpenVIX image.
And many, many more images....

deleted
02-10-14, 21:13
To be honest, I only care for OpenVIX :)

It was also the only image wich had approval from me to add the feed, so for the other images... tough luck :p

Rob van der Does
02-10-14, 21:19
It was also the only image wich had approval from me to add the feed, .....
And offered you free hosting.

deleted
02-10-14, 21:52
And offered you free hosting.

Wich was/is appreciated, but free hosting was not what I was looking for... Full root access to a VPS was what I was looking for, wich as far as I can recall was not offered... but I feel strongly that not a single party/person should carry the burden of being the sole supporter of the project.

If 1000+ people make daily use of the picons, it shouldn't be this hard to raise only 5$/month, but it was, wich to me seems an indicator that the majority doesn't like supporting/appreciates the hard work. This also drained away al my motivation to keep going forward with the picons... resulting outcome is known by now.

But everything is still available on BitBucket, just not "spoon-fed" by me.

:violin: :angel:

goosegog
02-10-14, 22:09
thanks ocram:thumbsup:,i dont use picons no more but i did like them and thanks for what must of took a lot of your time,dont understand the bitch comments

Walt
03-10-14, 21:37
I've updated to the latest version via the feeds but I'm missing huge amounts of picons. Most of the childrens channels are missing, loads of foreign satellites channels picons are missing. Am I getting the wrong files or maybe not downloaded the complete set properly? I use reflection black.

sataday
04-10-14, 09:37
I am using the shd blue-black ones, and am very happy with them. Your work is appreciated ocram.

ikiriye
04-10-14, 21:17
Pianos for mbc hd

deleted
04-10-14, 23:37
Pianos for mbc hd

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D151pBdmEJY

Walt
05-10-14, 01:32
The picons are very good but want full set. Is it only me missing some?

uscool
05-10-14, 19:22
sad to see wont be supported anymore, by far the best looking picons out there love the shd.transparent-white-nopadding one, hope it can be carried on !

intrigue
05-10-14, 21:16
So can I just FTP the relevant ipk in to the picon folder in the box and I'm away? What are the crispest / best res picons? Is shd super hd and will these work on regular full hd TV? Thanks

Walt
06-10-14, 00:28
Easier to download the picons as the picture files, put them in a folder called picons. Put the folder in the root of the hdd and set options for picons to HDD in options.

judge
06-10-14, 00:36
So can I just FTP the relevant ipk in to the picon folder in the box and I'm away? What are the crispest / best res picons? Is shd super hd and will these work on regular full hd TV? Thanks

No, put IPK in /tmp/, then Blue button -> ViX -> Install local extension.
Or place it on a USB stick and insert the USB stick into the box, you should then have a prompt to install it.

Walt
06-10-14, 01:09
Just found you're only covering 13e, 19.2e and 28.2e. Any chance of getting a couple of the other more popular sats covered like 0.8w, 4.8e 7.3w etc?

uscool
06-10-14, 10:28
Just found you're only covering 13e, 19.2e and 28.2e. Any chance of getting a couple of the other more popular sats covered like 0.8w, 4.8e 7.3w etc?

doubt it, the support has dropped if you read the first page here

uscool
06-10-14, 10:30
whenever i FTP the IPK to /tmp and install it never prompts hard drive, just internal flash for location, but doing it from plugins feed it prompts hard drive, i did try ftp IPK to hard drive but in vix says noting to install ?

Thanks

Rob van der Does
06-10-14, 12:11
Well, as you should never install picons on the HDD I can't see the real problem.

rossi2000
06-10-14, 12:27
is there a way to build just the SHD white picons?
the whole picons took almost 3 hours to build on my server. thats far too long imo.
id like to carry them on and add to our feeds, but im only interested in building the white SHD ones, the scripts give me a headache lol

can you assist ocram?

Larry-G
06-10-14, 12:28
the whole picons took almost 3 hours to build on my server. thats far too long imo.
id like to carry them on and add to our feeds, but im only interested in building the white SHD ones, the scripts give me a headache lol

can you assist ocram?

why not just set them to build once a day in the early hours of the morning ?, that way we can still carry all the ocram picon packs and it wont really cause any issues.

rossi2000
06-10-14, 12:36
i dont mind doing this and hosting, but i'll need people to contribute. (CABLE needs adding to ocram for a start)

need write accress to ocrams git or we can just clone it somewhere else and pull in the updates from ocrams git.

thoughts?

birdman
06-10-14, 12:53
why not just set them to build once a day in the early hours of the morning ?, Why would you need to rebuild them daily? Do they change on some way every 24 hours? Aren't they just static images?

rossi2000
06-10-14, 12:57
dont need to rebuild everyday

they can be built anytime.

uscool
06-10-14, 14:27
Well, as you should never install picons on the HDD I can't see the real problem.

i dont see the problem if you have timeshift enabled hard drive will be spinning anyway, when on standby it will stop spinning, ya i can see the point internal flash if have enough space which new receivers seem to have plenty of now

judge
06-10-14, 14:37

Pretty easy fo follow the instructions on ocrams site to only build the sets you want. :confused:
just built 3 sets here in 15 minutes.

root@localhost:~/logos# ./build.sh build
13:17:39 - Creating symlinks
13:21:32 - Converting svg files
13:21:50 - Deleting unused logos
13:22:40 -----------------------------------------------------------
13:22:40 - Creating picons: hd.transparent-black
13:25:46 - Copying symlinks: hd.transparent-black
13:25:46 - Creating ipk: hd.transparent-black
13:25:47 - Creating tar.bz2: hd.transparent-black
13:25:49 - Creating 7z: hd.transparent-black
13:25:54 -----------------------------------------------------------
13:25:54 - Creating picons: hd.transparent-white
13:29:06 - Copying symlinks: hd.transparent-white
13:29:06 - Creating ipk: hd.transparent-white
13:29:06 - Creating tar.bz2: hd.transparent-white
13:29:08 - Creating 7z: hd.transparent-white
13:29:13 -----------------------------------------------------------
13:29:13 - Creating picons: hd.white-black
13:32:11 - Copying symlinks: hd.white-black
13:32:11 - Creating ipk: hd.white-black
13:32:11 - Creating tar.bz2: hd.white-black
13:32:13 - Creating 7z: hd.white-black
13:32:18 -----------------------------------------------------------
root@localhost:~/logos#

i dont mind doing this and hosting, but i'll need people to contribute. (CABLE needs adding to ocram for a start)
need write accress to ocrams git or we can just clone it somewhere else and pull in the updates from ocrams git.
thoughts?
No idea why you would need access to ocrams git after you download the scripts?

Rob van der Does
06-10-14, 14:37
It will slow down zapping (even if the drive is already spinning, but if it isn't it will even cost you seconds).
And why use a slow location when you've got plenty of space on a fast location?

rossi2000
06-10-14, 14:42
Pretty easy fo follow the instructions on ocrams site to only build the sets you want. :confused:
just built 3 sets here in 15 minutes.

root@localhost:~/logos# ./build.sh build
13:17:39 - Creating symlinks
13:21:32 - Converting svg files
13:21:50 - Deleting unused logos
13:22:40 -----------------------------------------------------------
13:22:40 - Creating picons: hd.transparent-black
13:25:46 - Copying symlinks: hd.transparent-black
13:25:46 - Creating ipk: hd.transparent-black
13:25:47 - Creating tar.bz2: hd.transparent-black
13:25:49 - Creating 7z: hd.transparent-black
13:25:54 -----------------------------------------------------------
13:25:54 - Creating picons: hd.transparent-white
13:29:06 - Copying symlinks: hd.transparent-white
13:29:06 - Creating ipk: hd.transparent-white
13:29:06 - Creating tar.bz2: hd.transparent-white
13:29:08 - Creating 7z: hd.transparent-white
13:29:13 -----------------------------------------------------------
13:29:13 - Creating picons: hd.white-black
13:32:11 - Copying symlinks: hd.white-black
13:32:11 - Creating ipk: hd.white-black
13:32:11 - Creating tar.bz2: hd.white-black
13:32:13 - Creating 7z: hd.white-black
13:32:18 -----------------------------------------------------------
root@localhost:~/logos#

No idea why you would need access to ocrams git after you download the scripts?

post a link to the instructions then?

how do u expect to update picons without access to the git??

judge
06-10-14, 14:44
post a link to the instructions then?

http://picons.bitbucket.org/howto.html

how do u expect to update picons without access to the git??
Clone it.

rossi2000
06-10-14, 14:50
judge, cloning it will not give me access to the picons git....
cloning just copies the git to my pc.

judge
06-10-14, 14:54
Cloning it copies all the picons to your host & the scripts use those picons to create the packs. :confused:

rossi2000
06-10-14, 15:06
omg, judge that has nothing to do with updating the git.

deleted
06-10-14, 15:10
@rossi2000
Ever heard of pull requests?
Direct write access is only for those who made a lot of PR without any mistakes.

rossi2000
06-10-14, 15:16
yes thanks, but i cba with those.

uscool
06-10-14, 18:27
It will slow down zapping (even if the drive is already spinning, but if it isn't it will even cost you seconds).
And why use a slow location when you've got plenty of space on a fast location?

i did test both places , not noticed any speed difference, its just like love to keep flash memory free as possible, i have a solo 2 and have around 60mb free with all other plugins installed with picons its down to 50mb

deleted
06-10-14, 18:40
What's wrong with having only 50MB free flash storage instead of 60MB? Your box isn't going to explode with 50MB free storage...

Rob van der Does
06-10-14, 20:36
So you bought the flash for nothing :confused:

Larry-G
06-10-14, 20:47
What's wrong with having only 50MB free flash storage instead of 60MB? Your box isn't going to explode with 50MB free storage...

So you bought the flash for nothing :confused:

Probably because most of his boxes are cheap clones and as such very likely to explode if the flash is filled LOL.

deleted
06-10-14, 20:49
Better call Xtrend and VU+, to stop putting flash storage in their boxes, instead they can better use old slow 20GB hdd's, so that people can put their picons on there, after the picons are installed there will be 20470MB free space. :D

Now we should just hope that the size of the picons doesn't increase to 15MB, because this will result in ONLY 20465MB of free space, wich means we should start looking for another storage solution, not wanna have too little free space. Perhaps a remote server connected with a dialup modem?? Should be perfect.

uscool
06-10-14, 22:23
Probably because most of his boxes are cheap clones and as such very likely to explode if the flash is filled LOL.

actually bought from the forum sponsor :thumbsup: , ok understood now, i will stick to flash from now one, never go with hard drive :D

judge
07-10-14, 00:10
omg, judge that has nothing to do with updating the git.

yes thanks, but i cba with those.

Can't be arsed but want everything handed on a plate to you?
Serious attitude problem if you want to host your own picons, based on someone elses work.

intrigue
07-10-14, 07:55
Would just like to say the white shd transparent picons are bloody brilliant. I love them. Guys, please continue to build on Ocrams good work!

invisiblelayer
07-10-14, 15:38
what intrigue says^

deleted
08-10-14, 18:55
Is it safe to shutdown the server again? Did most users update?

Larry-G
08-10-14, 18:58
Is it safe to shutdown the server again? Did most users update?

yes it should be fine now my friend, those who have not yet updated via the online update system, will be able to flash directly to build 047 if they missed the update window.

Thank you again for re-opening the server to allow our users this opportunity.

outrage_uk
20-10-14, 06:13
Ive read through and I dont understand whats happening/ed to the ocram picons on the download feeds on OpenVix Apollo image 059 :confused:

Just wanted to say a massive thanks to ocram - your picons totally make the Gigablue Quad Plus.

For now ive manually installed... enigma2-plugin-picons-tv-ocram.shd.transparent-black_2014-09-12--00-00-01_all.ipk ... which works great.

Hope your picons will make it back onto the plugins feed again.

Thanks again :)

Martincape
27-10-14, 14:20
How come these picons have been removed from the feeds? I've just upgraded to 64 and I'm very disappointed.

Trial
27-10-14, 14:30
Hi,
there were several problems with the feed lately which caused problems with normal image update.

ciao

Larry-G
27-10-14, 14:59
How come these picons have been removed from the feeds? I've just upgraded to 64 and I'm very disappointed.

Ocram's picons feeds were removed because the server he used no longer exists and keeping that dead feed in the image caused a lot of problems. He has released his source code to allow users to build their own picons from his GIT but his person feeds will not be coming back. There is nothing at all we can do about that.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Rob van der Does
27-10-14, 15:58
That's because the originator doesn't supply them any more.
The latest sets are still available for manual installation here (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/misc.php?do=showattachments&t=40962).

sticky7
29-10-14, 22:34
These are brilliant. How do you install them to usb as you used to through feeds. I have ftp'd the ipk and installed the extension but there is no option to save to usb. Can this be done?

Rob van der Does
29-10-14, 22:41
Nope, not when installing this way.
But if your box is really very short of flash, you cloud use DreamBoxExplorer to move the folder to USB. But make sure the USB is in the Ext3/4 format, otherwise all links will be lost.

sticky7
29-10-14, 23:16
Can you remove the ipk from temp folder after installation?

judge
29-10-14, 23:24
Can you remove the ipk from temp folder after installation?

Yes. It gets deleted on a reboot anyway.

m1nz
01-11-14, 00:04
I have my picons on USB to stop disk rights to harddrive. I use to just download the picons and ftp them to the USB key.

Now I see you have to build them and it creats a ipk file.

Anyway to just get the picons like before

Also need to know how to build this on a windows PC and just extract the ipk file using 7.zip

I know you can use Cygwin but need some help if any one has tried this way

judge
01-11-14, 00:33
I have my picons on USB to stop disk rights to harddrive. I use to just download the picons and ftp them to the USB key.

Now I see you have to build them and it creats a ipk file.

Anyway to just get the picons like before

Also need to know how to build this on a windows PC and just extract the ipk file using 7.zip

I know you can use Cygwin but need some help if any one has tried this way

No need to build anything. :confused:
IPKs kindly provided by Ocram in the first 2 posts of this thread.
Upload to /tmp/ then blue button -> ViX -> install local extension like any other manually installed plugin.

bartjunited
01-11-14, 00:35
Anywhere to get ocrams no padding transparent white shd picons as they are bigger than the normal ones. Had them on the solo but unable to find them for solo 2 apollo build

birdman
01-11-14, 01:46
Anywhere to get ocrams no padding transparent white shd picons as they are bigger than the normal ones. Had them on the solo but unable to find them for solo 2 apollo build
You can build them yourself from:
http://picons.bitbucket.org/howto.html

Or download and install the relevant ipk from:

EDIT:

deleted
01-11-14, 10:31
Since there seems to be some need for the -nopadding shd versions, I'll be uploading a new build from today at xxx broken link xxx
in a couple of hours.

Scherzzo
01-11-14, 14:15
I'm having trouble installing these pic ons. I downloaded the ipk file and moved to tmp folder. went to local extensions then installed the file. I restarted the box but the picons are not showing up. Any help? Do I have to enable them anywhere?

goosegog
01-11-14, 18:26
Press epg,select a bouquet,press menu,change service title mode to picon and service,you might need to restart not sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

m1nz
04-11-14, 13:39
When you install the IPK file can you tell it to install the picons on USB key

Alanp
04-11-14, 17:08
I'm having trouble installing these pic ons. I downloaded the ipk file and moved to tmp folder. went to local extensions then installed the file. I restarted the box but the picons are not showing up. Any help? Do I have to enable them anywhere?

I am having the same issue using openvix HD 071 on Duo2

mann
04-11-14, 18:47
I am having the same issue using openvix HD 071 on Duo2

Same here openvix 71 solo se.

Andy_Hazza
04-11-14, 20:52
It will install to flash. Can you not then ftp into box and move to usb? That's all I do. :thumbsup:

john doe
04-11-14, 21:07
works fine on my solo2. use andy Hazza suggestion it will work

abu baniaz
04-11-14, 21:19
Bear in mind that there are symlinks in his picons. So you can only move them to an ext3/4 device.

m1nz
07-11-14, 18:11
where are they installed when you install the ipk picon file. I can then copy to the usb flash drive on the box.

What I have done for now is I have unzipped the IPK using 7-Zip and unzipped the data1 file to obtain the picons

Rob van der Does
08-11-14, 20:55
Ocram picons are back on the feeds.

duoduo
07-12-14, 10:37
Hi, these haven't been updated in a while did they get moved to somewhere else? I vaguely remember seeing a thread saying get Ocram picons from another place.

Rob van der Does
07-12-14, 12:05
Ocram picons are back on the feeds.

Hi, these haven't been updated in a while did they get moved to somewhere else?
What are you missing?

abu baniaz
07-12-14, 13:54
The picons already converted to SNP format are posted here, there is a folder for Ocrams ones. A few will be missing.
http://openvix.co.uk/index.php?dir=Picons/

All we need is some clever person to fork and redesign the build process Ocram so that we use names instead of service references when compiling the set. This will make them smaller.

malimali
28-12-14, 00:01
Can I ask to make Ocrams picons for Bulsatcom 39 East thanks :thumbsup:

deleted
03-03-15, 19:39
Just to let everybody know...

The old repository "logos" is no longer in service, as of now the new repository is called "picons-source" located at https://bitbucket.org/picons/picons-source.
The entire way of building and maintaining the servicerefs has been updated.

Users can easily provide new or updated serviceref links with pastebin (git and PR still recommended), somebody will then merge them in. The project no longer requires vast amounts of work and checks to remove no longer existing servicerefs. A new or updated serviceref has to be added at the top of the file "srindex", like this "1005_29_46_E080000=tv/eurosporthd". That's it. No need to go hunting down the old reference.

When building, an input file is used that contains all the wanted servicerefs. A script is provided that will generate this file from your own e2settings directory. Only the channels in your bouquets are used, so that no unwanted picons are generated. If your channellist contains 10 channels, you'll get a max of 10 picons.

If you want to generate them all, add a bouquets with all channels.

That's all folks.:)

abu baniaz
03-03-15, 20:25
Many thanks.

Is it possible to add a 400x240 ouput?

deleted
03-03-15, 21:03
Sure do you have a background? How should we call this version? "fhd" or?

abu baniaz
03-03-15, 21:20
White, no padding please.
Another picon maker is calling that size "ZZZ_Picons" I suppose having size in name would be better.

deleted
03-03-15, 21:50
Indeed, I'm going to change the name to a resolution...

deleted
03-03-15, 22:41
Done

https://bitbucket.org/picons/picons-source/commits/bce2bc42bf137dcbb1af881173f49817daa77bf1

sigpark
03-03-15, 23:22
Done

https://bitbucket.org/picons/picons-source/commits/bce2bc42bf137dcbb1af881173f49817daa77bf1

@abu baniaz - quick question - will this "new" source now go into the ViX plugin feeds as "400x240 transparent-white-nopadding SNP" or "FHD transparent-white-nopadding SNP" - I see the GIT download build is 200Mb?

It would be brilliant to have a SERVICE NAMED PICON set additional variant on the feeds, rather than just in the downloads from openvix.co.uk? Recently I have seen a few gaps with the January SNP picon set, I think the original thoughts may have been that with SNP picons updates might not be as necessary?

Thanks as always

dude1
04-03-15, 01:34
This sounds great. I always slightly preferred the reflection black myself as some picons seemed clearer particularly purple ones like Universal.

Would it be possible to have a 400x240 reflection black no padding set please?

deleted
04-03-15, 17:56
I haven't got a reflection background in that resolution... Why would you want a "no padding" version with that type of background? Would look hideous I think. :)

dude1
04-03-15, 18:17
No problem. Was just a thought. As I mentioned, with a transparent background some purple / dark logos are tricky to make out & I just thought the no padding versions might look better as the actual logo is bigger / clearer on them.

Thanks anyway :)

deleted
04-03-15, 21:27
Added new downloads at
EDIT:

These are build against the following channellist https://github.com/icesat/Enigma2-settings-13.0E-19.2E-23.5E-28.2E , so they only contain 13E,19.2E, 23.5E and 28.2E.
People using: 0.8W, DVB-T or DVB-C should build them theirselves.

deleted
06-03-15, 20:19
Made some more changes today...

It should be fairly easy now for anyone with basic Linux knowledge and offcourse a Linux OS to build their own package.

Step 1 creates the following output http://pastebin.com/FdHVDahq , which is used as an input for Step 2.

Support is added for Enigma2(obviously), TvHeadend and VDR.

deleted
07-03-15, 22:15
Latest release is online at https://github.com/picons/picons-source/releases

sigpark
14-03-15, 15:34
Latest release is online at https://github.com/picons/picons-source/releases

Hi ocram, your work is really great. I see that there is a new build today, and there is .7z file for the 400 x 240 White no padding set. The name convention is the transponder type; is it possible that you can publish the picons as "Service Named Picons" for the above format?

I am not too hot on Linux I am afraid, but if my request is not possible, can you please point me in direction of a script - if there is one - to create the above? I have had a look at the master readme, but I am not fully sure what to do to get SNP

Thanks again for the creative work you do.

Larry-G
14-03-15, 15:46
You can find the SNP script and instructions at the bottom of this post here.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?41785-Picons-Service-Named-Picons&p=323542&viewfull=1#post323542

deleted
14-03-15, 15:52
I will not release any picon packs that are so called "SNP" packs, nor will I create scripts for it. I also cannot point you in the right direction to obtain them, because I have no idea where to point you.

The ipk files can be extracted and contain the picons by name, so if that's of any help...

Larry-G
14-03-15, 15:55
I will not release any picon packs that are so called "SNP" packs, nor will I create scripts for it. I also cannot point you in the right direction to obtain them, because I have no idea where to point you.

The ipk files can be extracted and contain the picons by name, so if that's of any help...

You don't have to create any such thing, there is a script available for users as pointed to in my post above for them to do this them selves. It also tells you exactly what SNP picons are.

deleted
14-03-15, 16:06
You don't have to create any such thing, there is a script available for users as pointed to in my post above for them to do this them selves. It also tells you exactly what SNP picons are.

I already started typing my post before your reply showed up...

sigpark
14-03-15, 18:01
You can find the SNP script and instructions at the bottom of this post here.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?41785-Picons-Service-Named-Picons&p=323542&viewfull=1#post323542

Now that was easy! thanks @phoenix

abu baniaz
21-03-15, 01:39
@Ocram, are the picons created against the services contained in the bouquets or those contained in lamedb?

Thanks in advance.

deleted
22-03-15, 04:05
They are created against the bouquets, so if you want to include all of them, create new bouquet that contains them all. You can also use your own script that converts the lamedb... all that is needed is a file that contains servicerefs, my script also shows the currently found link and the channel name, but those are ignored for part 2-the actual build.

If you manually create a file with "1_0_1_782A_428_1_C00000_0_0_0" as content, only 1 picon will be created if a link is found.

deleted
22-03-15, 04:06
They are created against the bouquets, so if you want to include all of them, create new bouquet that contains them all. You can also use your own script that converts the lamedb... all that is needed is a file that contains servicerefs, my script also shows the currently found link and the channel name, but those are ignored for part 2-the actual build.

If you manually create a file with "1_0_1_782A_428_1_C00000_0_0_0" as content, only 1 picon will be created if a link is found.

judge
22-03-15, 04:13
my script also shows the currently found link and the channel name, but those are ignored for part 2-the actual build.

Ocram, wouldn't it be best to use the scripts to use channel name picons these days? Channel ref no longer replied on for channel changes?

abu baniaz
25-03-15, 12:35
I made a set of picons against the lamdeb file attached to this post.

Ipks can be downloaded from here
http://openvix.co.uk/index.php?dir=Picons/Ocram/

As a forum, we are geared to providing to as many as possible. For terrestrial/cable this is difficult owing to SID deails being different for different areas. If your localised details are on Ocram's git, please upload the lamedb file containing just those services, we will endeavour to incorporate them on next run.

stuart35
25-03-15, 18:45
Thank you abu baniaz. nice to have an updated set of picons

khan888
25-03-15, 18:50
Excellent! Cheers Abu

sigpark
25-03-15, 19:58
As a forum, we are geared to providing to as many as possible. For terrestrial/cable this is difficult owing to SID deails being different for different areas. If your localised details are on Ocram's git, please upload the lamedb file containing just those services, we will endeavour to incorporate them on next run.

Thanks @abu for updating the Ocram SNP set in the Openvix downloads.

Also thanks to @Ocram for posting his picons here (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?40962-ocram-picons&p=344418&viewfull=1#post344418) as well as to @Phoenix who posted how to create SNP's for ourselves here (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?40962-ocram-picons&p=345411&viewfull=1#post345411)

Works a treat. Great community support.

Walt
25-03-15, 23:21
Is there any reason why my duo2 on build 160 (has been like this for a few builds now) keeps showing an update required for ocram picons, 26/2/2015, then when done update it is as if the update never happened?

abu baniaz
17-04-15, 12:18
Lamedb file attached .

abu baniaz
24-04-15, 19:42
Latest versions on openvix.co.uk

Stone123
17-05-15, 19:22
The latest release on openvix.co.uk misses some picons. Can the pack please be updated? (I use the transparent & white 100x60 SNP ones).

No SNP Picons for the following channel names found:

&TV
?TV
5* +1
Angling TV
BBC RB 1 (-> Red Button 1)
BnanzaBnanza
CBBC
CBBC HD
Chl Line-Up
CN+1
Channels 24
Dunya News
FoTV
Home Store
HUM Europe
Islam TV Urdu
ITV London
ITVBe+1
ITV +1 London
QVC Beauty
Sikh Channel
Sky Box Office Events
SkySpBoxOff
SkySpBoxOffHD
Spike
SuperCasino
TBN UK
TJC
TVC News +1
Word Network

Also, some adult channels have no picon:
XXX Brits
S66
xxx big&bouncy
xxx Girl Girl
XXX Amateurs
XXX Extreme
Playboy TV Hot
XXX 18 & Dirty
Studio 66
Sin TV

Andy_Hazza
17-05-15, 19:38
Try the MK ones, a full set can be found here >> http://www.openvix.co.uk/index.php?dir=Picons/MK/
Good lookers too! [emoji6]

Stone123
17-05-15, 19:41
Yes, those are nice, too. However, I also watch a lot of channels on 19.2 E and would prefer all icons be of the same style.

Andy_Hazza
17-05-15, 19:42
Gotcha!

abu baniaz
07-06-15, 12:13
I have updated the picon packs on http://openvix.co.uk/index.php?dir=***Picons***/Ocram/

outrage_uk
12-08-15, 05:23
ITV HD has disappeared off channel 178 (or 103 if your HD first). Is this the right place or post or somewhere on http://picons.github.io/ ? :confused:

Edit: Or I could not be lazy and sort it out myself!

ITV HD changed from: 1_0_19_50FA_80F_2_11A0000_0_0_0 to: 1_0_19_5104_80F_2_11A0000_0_0_0

Upload to /picons :)

abu baniaz
12-08-15, 09:19
People contributing changes to the build source would be great.

http://picons.github.io/

The ones I make are usually uploaded at
http://openvix.co.uk/index.php?dir=***Picons***/Ocram/

deleted
15-08-15, 17:52
@abu baniaz

Hey, I'm unable to send you a PM, What's up with that?

abu baniaz
15-08-15, 18:43
I had disabled my PM settings.

deleted
16-08-15, 04:30
Just to let everybody know, official support has been added for SNP, see https://github.com/picons/picons-source/compare/0b1b3a7ce16f738b79ce95e0476679eb787ac70f...master

abu baniaz
19-08-15, 18:21
@ Ocram, can you add the compliant images from this upload please?

I downloaded the images from

http://mediaportal-uk-logos.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/TV/Simple/

Thanks in advance

abu baniaz
20-08-15, 00:40
I have uploaded sets of picons built using the latest script here:

http://openvix.co.uk/index.php?dir=***Picons***/Ocram/

Duo 2 users may have issues with the black background on their LCD screens if using the no padding version. Sorry forgot to change the code. Will try to do so for next 400x240 build.
Way SNPs work is by channel name. So it is possible you may get some wrong picons showing, please report these and they will hopefully be resolved soon. Sample details below

Channel name
Satellite it is on
Service reference
Is picon showing?
If wrong picon is shown, which is being shown?

deleted
27-08-15, 22:58
Just to let everybody know.

Daily builds (if anything changed) available at:

https://picons.xyz

abu baniaz
28-08-15, 16:40
Just to let everybody know.

Daily builds (if anything changed) available at:

https://picons.xyz

Will these be the complete/dirty versions or built against Icesat's bouquets?

deleted
28-08-15, 20:20
I think by tomorrow morning both.

mrxbox360
28-08-15, 20:45
hi can i just ask what the difference snp / srp / dirty as I'm unsure what to use on my solo 2

jpuraengo
28-08-15, 20:58
hi can i just ask what the difference snp / srp / dirty as I'm unsure what to use on my solo 2

As far as I know:

• SRP = Service Reference Picon
• SNP = Service Name Picon

Difference is Picon file name: Service vs Channel name.

I guess dirty means not based on any Channel List/Bouquet, so with all sat channels, but not sure about that.

I use SRP in my enigma2 box with all skins.

Hope this helps.

abu baniaz
28-08-15, 21:04
SRP = The traditional picons where picons mus be named according to the service reference
SNP = The picon is named like the chanenl name with a few rules. all lowe case, no spcaes, and odd replacements. The SNP packs will still contain a few SRP links to avod clashes.

Traditionally, the way Ocram's picons were made were that you have a lamedb/bouquet. Only the picons for the channels contained in that lamedb would be created. That works fine for people making their own picons. Bit does not work too well for distribution. Someone in Holland will not have a lamedb file for terrestrial channels in England.

He was kind enough to adapt the build process so that all picons will be made. This was called "dirty" presumably becasue there is no filtering/validation before making the picons.

deleted
28-08-15, 22:12

Yep, all of the above explanations are correct.

Normal build process is to build against a enigma2/vdr/tvheadend channel list. In case of enigma2 only channels are used that are in your bouquet, so if lamedb contains 10000 channels, but your bouquet only contains 20 channels that you love watching, only picons for those 20 channels will be created.

Step 1 creates a servicelist file from your enigma2/vdr/tvheadend channellist, Step 2 creates the actual picons from the servicelist file. As a result you could even manipulate the servicelist file manually or with your own scripts to create all sorts of custom builds.

A "dirty" build, completely skips Step 1 and the use of a servicelist file. It uses all the available info, so as a result this will contain also no longer existing servicerefs and the servicerefs will only be created with 1_0_1_ and 1_0_2_, with a regular build the correct first part is used as found in your channellist.

By default I'm using the channellist from icesat, because I used to use it myself and it's incredibily up2date, but it only contains the sats 13E-19.2E-23.5E-28.2E.

BUT, if somebody has an enourmous of amount of sats and does regular scans and is willing to upload this on a regular basis somewhere (github, ....), so it can be grabbed by the server, I can always switch.

jpuraengo
28-08-15, 22:47
Thanks for both explanations.

I use vhannibal motor bouquets, with about 45 satellites, and all the sources and forums I found after a deep research were not successfull regarding updated picons for all sats.

In the past I used nephilim picons, but as far as I know they are not so regularly updated.

So if you know the way to keep updated picons for motor bouquet settings, instructions will be very appreciated.

Thanks and sorry if I miss something obvious.

Best regards.

deleted
01-09-15, 12:28
After the downloads, now also the feed is back.

You can install the feed by installing the following ipk:

https://picons.xyz/downloads/enigma2-plugin-feeds-picons.xyz_2015-08-31--19-55-30_all.ipk

twol
01-09-15, 14:44
OK, ipk great ...... but can someone explain to me why I cannot install onto my USB stick where I currently have my (Ocram) picons.....I have tried changing USB mount from sdb1 to usb and hdd2, but feeds installer only allows my HDD and flash .... obviously missing something :)

sigpark
01-09-15, 15:20
Firstly thanks @Ocram for all of the brilliant work - you must spend countless hours keeping the "picon show" on the road. I ahve three questions if you have time?

1. So will the script bundled with the ipk ONLY create a picon folder with the contents of lame.db?

2. I did run the .ipk from github resource last weekend, and it did not prompt for picon location, just installed picons to flash even though I have an internal HDD?

3. If answer is "no" to 1. above, does somebody have a script that thins out the SNP picons to just those in lame.db. Previously I followed a post by @abu baniaz that created three .zip files from SRP picons. The first was the SNP's in lame.db, then second .zip was unused or those not in lame.db, and I think the third .zip may have been missing picons - I am not sure? Reason for my question is just to reduce the number of picons in my SNP picon folder to those that I need.

Thanks!

twol
01-09-15, 15:35
OK, ipk great ...... but can someone explain to me why I cannot install onto my USB stick where I currently have my (Ocram) picons.....I have tried changing USB mount from sdb1 to usb and hdd2, but feeds installer only allows my HDD and flash .... obviously missing something :)

OK, found my answer .... must be in EXT 3/4 format ... will change. :)

deleted
01-09-15, 18:38
Firstly thanks @Ocram for all of the brilliant work - you must spend countless hours keeping the "picon show" on the road. I ahve three questions if you have time?

1. So will the script bundled with the ipk ONLY create a picon folder with the contents of lame.db?

2. I did run the .ipk from github resource last weekend, and it did not prompt for picon location, just installed picons to flash even though I have an internal HDD?

3. If answer is "no" to 1. above, does somebody have a script that thins out the SNP picons to just those in lame.db. Previously I followed a post by @abu baniaz that created three .zip files from SRP picons. The first was the SNP's in lame.db, then second .zip was unused or those not in lame.db, and I think the third .zip may have been missing picons - I am not sure? Reason for my question is just to reduce the number of picons in my SNP picon folder to those that I need.

Thanks!

Bit confused by what you mean exactly, but here goes.....

1) The ipk does not come bundled with a script, the ipk just installs a file in /etc/opkg alongside your other feeds, so you can install the picons using your remote. Menu > Applications > Green button. The picons you can download using the feed are the same as on
https://picons.xyz/downloads/, snp/srp built against the channellist from
https://github.com/icesat/Enigma2-settings-13.0E-19.2E-23.5E-28.2E, containing picons for 13e-19e-23e-28e, dirtysnp/dirtysrp contains all the available picons (even no longer existing ones).

2) If you install the picons from an ipk, it should prompt for flash/hdd/usb, IF they are formated as ext3/4, at least on my setup it prompts for flash or HDD.

3) Since you are asking for a script... If you have a Ubuntu PC/Cygwin on Windows/or Docker, you can just download the project
https://github.com/picons/picons-source/archive/master.zip, put your channellist inside build-input, run the script 1-build-servicelist.sh and afterwards 2-build-picons.sh, after the scripts are done, you'll get ipk and tar.xz containing ONLY the picons for the channels in YOUR channellist. If you have 1 channel in your bouquet, you'll get 1 picon.

PS: forget about lamedb, if you build them yourself it's based on your bouquet, a lamedb containing 10 000 channels with only 20 of them in your bouquet, gives you 20 picons.

deleted
01-09-15, 18:43
OK, found my answer .... must be in EXT 3/4 format ... will change. :)

Correct, everything you put in your receiver should be ext3/4, besides the stick you use to flash a new image, which you take back out when it's done.

Rob van der Does
01-09-15, 20:23
Correct, everything you put in your receiver should be ext3/4, besides the stick you use to flash a new image, which you take back out when it's done.
I don't. I always use a 2-partition stick, that is 'glued' to the box (never need to disconnect it from the box).
Part 1 is FAT32, contains a.o. a flash-able image, logs, EPG.
Part 2 is in EXT4, and (mostly for test purposes) used for SWAP, sometimes picons (most of the time in flash).

twol
01-09-15, 20:41
I don't. I always use a 2-partition stick, that is 'glued' to the box (never need to disconnect it from the box).
Part 2 is in EXT4, and (mostly for test purposes) used for SWAP, sometimes picons (most of the time in flash).
Neat. Normally you would only flash an image with only 1 usb stick inserted, so this overcomes this possible issue? It was actually one of your old posts that told me to use Ext3/4 for the picons:)

deleted
01-09-15, 21:02

OK, if you know what you're doing, that's fine as well, but something tells me I don't have to explain to you why your picons aren't working. :)

Now go explain your setup to somebody who's been trying/fiddling all day long, because his picons aren't working.

To a small baby, most people tell, "take small steps and walk to mummy", (almost) nobody says, "why waste your time walking, here's a bike".

Rob van der Does
01-09-15, 21:18
Neat. Normally you would only flash an image with only 1 usb stick inserted, so this overcomes this possible issue? It was actually one of your old posts that told me to use Ext3/4 for the picons:)
If you want them on USB; I normally have them in flash, as all boxes have plenty of that onboard.

OK, if you know what you're doing, that's fine as well, but something tells me I don't have to explain to you why your picons aren't working. :)

Not sure what you mean? I have picons in flash most of the time, and sometimes (for testboxes, as that saves me the repeated download/install) on part-2. So really never any picons-issue.

bbbuk
01-09-15, 21:28
2) If you install the picons from an ipk, it should prompt for flash/hdd/usb, IF they are formated as ext3/4, at least on my setup it prompts for flash or HDD.It doesn't on my setup and my HDD is ext3/4 as it was initialised. It hasn't prompted for a long time tbh.

Was this an image feature or built-in to the ipk to allow choosing because when I browse the ipk, can't see anything and in fact the picons are stored on flash.

I have even ensured I have removed all other picons from plugin and manually removed picon folder.

I would like to thank you for the work you put into providing us with picons. :)

Rob van der Does
01-09-15, 21:37
It does, when you install from the feeds.
If you install locally, the picons will always go to flash.

Besides: flash is the best location. And you paid for it, so it would be a waste of money and resources not to use it.

deleted
01-09-15, 22:11
If you want them on USB; I normally have them in flash, as all boxes have plenty of that onboard.

Not sure what you mean? I have picons in flash most of the time, and sometimes (for testboxes, as that saves me the repeated download/install) on part-2. So really never any picons-issue.

What I actually was trying to say in general....

Always use ext3/4, flash your receiver with a FAT32 stick, this way I won't be getting any questions like "I ftp'ed picons to USB, but it doesn't work", "I'm not getting an option to store on USB", etc.

This however doesn't mean that it's true in all cases and more advanced users like yourself can use/do whatever their preference, but those same users aren't going to be asking questions on why their picons aren't showing up, because if they stored them on FAT32, they know why it isn't working....

But like you sad so yourself, if everybody would just use their box for what it was designed, we wouldn't have these stupid mistakes over and over again.

It's like buying a 512GB SSD and trying to cram everything on a 10$ USB stick, otherwise there isn't 511,95GB of free space left.

Am I making any sense??

deleted
01-09-15, 22:20
It doesn't on my setup and my HDD is ext3/4 as it was initialised. It hasn't prompted for a long time tbh.

Was this an image feature or built-in to the ipk to allow choosing because when I browse the ipk, can't see anything and in fact the picons are stored on flash.

I have even ensured I have removed all other picons from plugin and manually removed picon folder.

I would like to thank you for the work you put into providing us with picons. :)

I just double checked again, because was having doubts. Rob is correct.

1) Install local extension (VIX Menu) == Straight to root (/picon)/flash, no question asked on where to install.
2) Install from feed == Where do you want to install? Flash/HDD/USB(if ext3/4)
3) Install from commandline == See 1)

Clabs
01-09-15, 22:28
What I actually was trying to say in general....

Always use ext3/4, flash your receiver with a FAT32 stick, this way I won't be getting any questions like "I ftp'ed picons to USB, but it doesn't work", "I'm not getting an option to store on USB", etc.

This however doesn't mean that it's true in all cases and more advanced users like yourself can use/do whatever their preference, but those same users aren't going to be asking questions on why their picons aren't showing up, because if they stored them on FAT32, they know why it isn't working....

But like you sad so yourself, if everybody would just use their box for what it was designed, we wouldn't have these stupid mistakes over and over again.

It's like buying a 512GB SSD and trying to cram everything on a 10$ USB stick, otherwise there isn't 511,95GB of free space left.

Am I making any sense??

That does make perfect sense to me.

Novice users often struggle to get picons displaying with even a basic setting.

Having said that, Rob - it would be great to explain how you achieve the scenario you describe.

Thanks for the hard work guys - always appreciate it.

Rob van der Does
02-09-15, 05:16
Having said that, Rob - it would be great to explain how you achieve the scenario you describe.
The 2-partition stick you mean?
I simply use my PC and a free program like "MiniTool Partition Wizard Home Edition" to create partitions.

But to be perfectly honest: I only do that for test-purposes on test-boxes to store picons and to try SWAP. On my main-box I have a simple one-partition stick that's in FAT32. Because my picons go to flash and I don't need a SWAP-file, there is no real need for an EXT4-stick.

And on most boxes one can leave the stick that has been used for flashing connected. I know that there are a few exceptions (boxes that just start to flash as soon as a flashable image is found when booting).

twol
02-09-15, 08:15
Well, it certainly helps me with my ET8500 which has multiboot and 2 image capability (OS1 & OS2)....... as a couch flash always flashes OS1, it means that if I want to try something else and keep OS1, I can FTP to the USB stick and flash OS2 (Hope that all makes sense :) ), without removing the normal Settings Backup/Image backup/Picons stick.

Now back to installing the Picons ..... :)

abu baniaz
05-09-15, 12:32
After the downloads, now also the feed is back.

You can install the feed by installing the following ipk:

https://picons.xyz/downloads/enigma2-plugin-feeds-picons.xyz_2015-08-31--19-55-30_all.ipk

The new feeds for Ocram's picons have been added to Openvix 3.2 004. If you have installed the feeds ipk, best to uninstall it. Otherwise you will get a duplicate entry and lose access to plugins download.

deleted
05-09-15, 16:26
The new feeds for Ocram's picons have been added to Openvix 3.2 004. If you have installed the feeds ipk, best to uninstall it. Otherwise you will get a duplicate entry and lose access to plugins download.

Wasn't it better to just add the ipk to the feeds? That way people can choose wether or not to install the feed, if an update needs to be done to the feed I can update the ipk, by putting it in the picons feed and if a problem occurs, people can de-install the ipk/feed. Or if people get annoyed in case of lot's of activity and the daily updates, they can choose to temporarely de-install the feed.

??

sigpark
05-09-15, 16:39
Bit confused by what you mean exactly, but here goes.....

1) The ipk does not come bundled with a script, the ipk just installs a file in /etc/opkg alongside your other feeds, so you can install the picons using your remote. Menu > Applications > Green button. The picons you can download using the feed are the same as on
https://picons.xyz/downloads/, snp/srp built against the channellist from
https://github.com/icesat/Enigma2-settings-13.0E-19.2E-23.5E-28.2E, containing picons for 13e-19e-23e-28e, dirtysnp/dirtysrp contains all the available picons (even no longer existing ones).

2) If you install the picons from an ipk, it should prompt for flash/hdd/usb, IF they are formated as ext3/4, at least on my setup it prompts for flash or HDD.

3) Since you are asking for a script... If you have a Ubuntu PC/Cygwin on Windows/or Docker, you can just download the project
https://github.com/picons/picons-source/archive/master.zip, put your channellist inside build-input, run the script 1-build-servicelist.sh and afterwards 2-build-picons.sh, after the scripts are done, you'll get ipk and tar.xz containing ONLY the picons for the channels in YOUR channellist. If you have 1 channel in your bouquet, you'll get 1 picon.

PS: forget about lamedb, if you build them yourself it's based on your bouquet, a lamedb containing 10 000 channels with only 20 of them in your bouquet, gives you 20 picons.

@Ocram - this is clear - one question "Copy your enigma2 folder" is this the folder and contents OR the contents of the folder - sorry - Is it the bouquet files that go in "build-input" folder or the enigma2 folder itself?

@abu baniaz - if you see this, you have a fantastic script posted here -> http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?44851-Rename-Picons-to-SNP-format

It creates the SNP set, unused and missing picons (I think - generates three files after execution) in a .zip format - it is really good? The script runs against the SRP files - obviously, and you end up with a very small SNP subset of the complete Picon source - about 10% in size - in my case about 5Mb based on your bouquets.

The master source is 170Mb linked by Ocram - I was wondering if there is a script like the SRP -> SNP, that creates the same three zip files against an SNP source? All credit to @Ocram, but the purpose of script is to reduce the size of SNP library that was installed from the feeds plugin in a simpler way than accessing the complete source from GIT Hub. Somebody has already taken the steps to produce the ipk, publish and reduce the size of the source from Ocrams masters - it would be good to use this reduced source with a script to match the SNP's to your individual bouquets? Any help or guidance appreciated please.

I could of course download the SRP source and use the above script, but this is a "moving target" and time sensitive.

deleted
05-09-15, 16:46
"Copy your enigma2 folder"

Means that inside "build-input" you should have a folder called "enigma2" in which your bouquet files and lamedb are stored, to make it easy you could just copy the entire folder from your current running setup, but all your settings files are ignored, only the channellist is used.

Final folder structure would be:

./build-input/enigma2/lamedb
./build-input/enigma2/userbouquet.dbe00.tv
./build-input/enigma2/...

As for your second part, can't you handle downloading 170MB(or git clone and git pull, if doing this regulary)? All that you are trying to achive is possible, you are just trying to do it in the most difficult way possible....

sigpark
05-09-15, 16:55
Thanks - got it. @Ocram I really do appreciate the work, sorry if my post seemed not to appreciate it. For me being able to run a script against the SNP set that the ViX team created for installation from plug-in seems a few less steps. Thanks - mean it mate :thumbsup:

And I am afraid the only box I have to do this work on is my VuSolo2 - I would have to figure out how to get the files onto HDD and do this from there as I don't have much space in tmp flash - Sorry

deleted
05-09-15, 17:26
Thanks - got it. @Ocram I really do appreciate the work, sorry if my post seemed not to appreciate it. For me being able to run a script against the SNP set that the ViX team created for installation from plug-in seems a few less steps. Thanks - mean it mate :thumbsup:

And I am afraid the only box I have to do this work on is my VuSolo2 - I would have to figure out how to get the files onto HDD and do this from there as I don't have much space in tmp flash - Sorry

I didn't get the feeling that you didn't appreciate it :)

I sort of understand why you would wanna do it...

But if your only means is a VUSOLO2, don't bother trying to run my scripts, it won't work. You'll need a real PC for that, preferably a full Ubuntu install or otherwise on Windows using Cygwin /Docker.

If you have the time/expertise, you could try modifying my scripts, because basically everything you need is in them, you could start from a dirtysnp ipk and skip the picons creation step, but lot of work and you will have to do it and know how to do it. :) This would also be possible to run on your box.

@all

Why do people get the impression that my scripts are designed to run on a enigma2 receiver? Is the following text in the README "Ubuntu, Cygwin on Windows and Docker are tested and supported platforms for building the picons. " not clear enough. Because this isn't the first time somebody tried to do it.

DaMacFunkin
10-11-15, 18:45
Mr ocram, do you have or will you have white transparent picons for True Christmas, Christmas24, Christmas24+ and Sky Movies Christmas (SD & HD) please, it's nearly Christmas don't you know.
Thanks.

abu baniaz
10-11-15, 19:25
Anybody can contribute to his picons. If youc an upload the pictures they will be done. SVG files are better.

deleted
30-11-15, 17:49
Starting today the picons are being built against the settings list of vhannibal motor...https://github.com/oe-alliance/oe-alliance-settings/tree/master/vhannibal.motor

Did I make the right choice or does somebody know another settings list which is kept up2date more often, easily accessible from github?

abu baniaz
30-11-15, 18:14
VHannibal's list covers more satellites. You made the right decision.

stuart35
30-11-15, 18:24
Tried a few settings but Vhannibal is the best and regularly updated for us motor users. Good work Ocram, appreciated.

deleted
02-12-15, 09:21
Tonight a new build will start based on vhannibal...

Current services and their links can be looked up at:

https://picons.xyz/servicelist-enigma2-snp
https://picons.xyz/servicelist-enigma2-srp

deleted
04-12-15, 20:32
It seems that the vhannibal lists contain some inconsistency with regular scans, for example the picons for BBC One Lon and Spike are missing in this case.

Does anybody know of properly scanned, regularly scanned, easily accessible from github and with as much sats as possible? Otherwise I might just release only the "dirty" versions....

ja5
04-12-15, 22:37
It seems that the vhannibal lists contain some inconsistency with regular scans, for example the picons for BBC One Lon and Spike are missing in this case.

Does anybody know of properly scanned, regularly scanned, easily accessible from github and with as much sats as possible? Otherwise I might just release only the "dirty" versions....

iv used ciefp-E2-Motor-68E-30W fom time to time and is updated regular i beleave. Maybe worth a look ??

deleted
04-12-15, 22:48
iv used ciefp-E2-Motor-68E-30W fom time to time and is updated regular i beleave. Maybe worth a look ??

Can you provide a github link?

abu baniaz
05-12-15, 05:39
Sorry, should have said earlier. The channel settings (for OE-Alliance teams) on Github are usually updated by one of the team members. He has not been here for a while so the updating has fallen behind. Last update was 26/10/2015. We'll have to pickup the maintenance of the settings.

Ciefp normally updates his bouquets here:
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?1408-ciefp-settings-E2

Not sure if anyone has asked/suggetsed that he uploads bouquets to Github. He'll probabaly have to do omit the IPTV entries.

deleted
05-12-15, 09:57
Not being up2date isn't really the problem here I think... In vhannibal his settings the channel "Spike" is called "Spike TV UK", in most others it's called "Spike", but there won't be a picon called "spike", because that channel name didn't exist at the time of creating the picons using the servicelist.

And as far as I can remember it's been called "Spike" a long time longer than 1 month.

Update: ciefp doesn't even include the channel Spike

deleted
05-12-15, 15:42
I've decided to rebrand dirtysnp and dirtysrp to snp-full and srp-full, simultaneous the server will no longer build the snp and srp versions against a settingslist, because it will always be a compromise for the benefit of having it "clean".

People with certain desires or special needs can always build it themselves.

ja5
05-12-15, 17:00
sorry i did think ciefp have a github, but iv search and cant find anything, my bad :eek:

He updates on
http://www.satelitskiforum.com/

no channel spike lol never seen it

abu baniaz
08-12-15, 23:29
I must continue adding SNP links when I can.

lincsat
28-12-15, 19:18
I've found a Picon set that includes a few that are missing from Ocram, maybe these can be imported to his set.

abu baniaz
18-01-16, 09:26
FAO Ocram,
Name issue I mentioned in PM

deleted
18-01-16, 10:03
220x132-190x102 =picon 220x132, logo padded 15px all around
220x132-220x132 =picon 220x132, logo padded 0px all around =nopadding

With the new way of using backgrounds.conf, it's a lot easier for people who whish to build their own, to easily adjust any custom padding values.

abu baniaz
05-02-16, 09:45
Some logos for consideration/validation then addition.

deleted
30-11-16, 21:39
We've switched to a different domain...

new domain:

picons.eu

Update your bookmarks or install new feed from http://picons.eu/downloads/

birdman
30-11-16, 21:52
We've switched to a different domain...

new domain:

picons.eu

Update your bookmarks or install new feed from http://picons.eu/downloads/The HomePage in the *.ipk control files still show

HomePage: https://picons.xyz

dsayers
02-12-16, 08:49
I can't download anything from the new domain too many pop-ups. Managed to download it thanks

deleted
02-12-16, 13:31
Sorry for the popups, but it is possible to download, you just might have to click an extra time or two :D

Rob van der Does
02-12-16, 13:54
Well, it was absolutely impossible.....

deleted
02-12-16, 14:38
On my end it works ok, but you'll have to disable your AdBlocker.

@Rob
What was blocking you from downloading anything?

abu baniaz
02-12-16, 14:49
was impossible for me to download too. Had to hack the download link.

dsayers
02-12-16, 15:34
Managed to download just disabled add blocker but those adds could install viruses if downloaded dangerous for the average user who isn't pc friendly

Rob van der Does
02-12-16, 18:03
On my end it works ok, but you'll have to disable your AdBlocker.

@Rob
What was blocking you from downloading anything?
I have no idea, but even after disabling addblock I only got new advertising windows, and download in the original windows simply doesn't work (I tried FF, Chrome, IE & Safari).

dsayers
02-12-16, 18:12
Worked on chrome I had a 5 second countdown timer on an add page before it downloaded
http://adf.ly/15127939/http://picons.eu/downloads/enigma2-plugin-feeds-picons.eu_2016-11-30--19-35-27_all.ipk

So use this

picons.eu/downloads/enigma2-plugin-feeds-picons.eu_2016-11-30--19-35-27_all.ipk

deleted
04-12-16, 18:36
Made some tweaks to the site, annoying popups should be gone, as they were apparently seriously impacting the user experience. :D

If some things look funky, better try again in a few hours when your browser cache has expired.

Rob van der Does
05-12-16, 05:32
I never use any browser cache at all (0Kb).

abu baniaz
26-08-17, 15:05
As the feeds no longer work, the picon packs have to be downloaded manually. I had to install google chrome to be able to download the picons from

https://www.picons.eu/

Firefox, IE do not work.

netguy
16-02-18, 20:08
hi ocram great picons just one sky cinema select can you do it like the rest cheers pal

abu baniaz
17-02-18, 02:50
hi ocram great picons just one sky cinema select can you do it like the rest cheers pal
What do you mean please? Most of them, including that one, were changed on 04/12/2017. I copied them from jasmeet's repository.

https://github.com/picons/picons-source/blob/master/build-source/logos/skycinemaselect.default.svg

(https://github.com/picons/picons-source/blob/master/build-source/logos/skycinemaselect.default.svg)https://github.com/picons/picons-source/pull/222/commits/c75fe4e154c74134a179c9939229ffc281d32833

netguy
17-02-18, 15:02
yes abu cant see the sky cinema hd select sorry the hd one or the sd one i found one with blue background and black writtrn on it persume that was it cheers

abu baniaz
17-02-18, 19:46
The same logo is used for most of then. Where are you installing the picons from? What is the date? What is the exact name?

netguy
17-02-18, 22:27
hi abu i downloaded it from here snp-full.400x170-370x140.dark.on.transparent_2018-02-15--02-25-46.hardlink.tar.xz no sky select hd picon there theres a other sky select picon there as i said black write on grey blue back ground

netguy
17-02-18, 22:38
found in the srp dark on blus sorted cheers

abu baniaz
12-03-19, 17:57
Link in first post updated

Coldfire
17-03-19, 11:15
Silly question where do I find the ipk to download?

dsayers
17-03-19, 11:20
Silly question where do I find the ipk to download?

You can find the ipk's here
https://www.picons.eu

Coldfire
17-03-19, 11:24
You can find the ipk's here
https://www.picons.eu

Brilliant thanks which size do people recommend and will these auto update?

abu baniaz
17-03-19, 11:26
link is on first post.

Coldfire
17-03-19, 11:28
link is on first post.

Thank you so they auto update and what size so people recommend?

ccs
17-03-19, 11:32
… I don't think they auto update.

abu baniaz
17-03-19, 11:33
They don't auto update. You are better off using SNP version as it is less susceptible to service reference changes.

most skins have 100x60 space allocated for picons. try that first. if blocky, try 220x132

Coldfire
30-03-19, 16:18
Tried to install but keep getting this error. I have tried remove plugins but it is not showing.

abu baniaz
30-03-19, 16:27
Uninstall the existing version first.

Then issue this command (assuming ipk is in /tmp). Guide to commands in my signature if you need it. Best to paste instead of typing.

opkg install --force-reinstall /tmp/*.ipk

Coldfire
30-03-19, 16:30
Uninstall the existing version first.

Then issue this command (assuming ipk is in /tmp). Guide to commands in my signature if you need it. Best to paste instead of typing.

opkg install --force-reinstall /tmp/*.ipk

It has already been removed and still errors

Coldfire
30-03-19, 16:33
Looks like the force reinstall worked. Thank you :)

invisiblelayer
08-06-19, 21:12
Starting using these picons after a play around today, these light transparent 400x240 go well with the Simple Ten Eighty :thumbsup: