PDA

View Full Version : [ViX_Misc] Receiver locking up switching from sat tuner, to USB cable tuner and back to sat

deckymckeown
02-10-14, 16:21
Hi

I am using a USB Cable Tuner DVB Sky330 with my Vu Solo2. Have the drivers installed and tuner works fine. Except when I switch to a sat channel, then I go to a cable channel and when I switch back to a sat channel the receiver locks up with the spinning vix and I need to restart with the power switch. This happens every single time

Have tried it on vu duo also with same result. Have also set the preferred tuner to C so that tuner doesn't "go to sleep" as advised in another post I read but same result

Can anyone please advise if they have same issue or can anything be done - frustrating as hell cos I have to restart all the time

DaMacFunkin
02-10-14, 17:46
I have sundtek usb tuner on my solo2 and i did have probs switching between sat and cable, this I fixed by setting time shift to 10 seconds, not saying it will fix your problem, my experience of dvbsky usb tuners is they can be a bit 'tempromental'

deckymckeown
02-10-14, 23:06
I have sundtek usb tuner on my solo2 and i did have probs switching between sat and cable, this I fixed by setting time shift to 10 seconds, not saying it will fix your problem, my experience of dvbsky usb tuners is they can be a bit 'tempromental'

Worth a try mate... thanks for reply

deckymckeown
02-10-14, 23:16

No joy with setting the timeshift.... and yeah would def agree! Temperamental to say the least!

judge
02-10-14, 23:31
USB tuners will always depend on kernel & drivers provided by the manufacturer for that box.
Setting timeshift to 30 seconds has eliminated lock-ups on various boxes using a USB Nova-T tuner here.
Restart E2 after making the config change.

deckymckeown
03-10-14, 23:18
USB tuners will always depend on kernel & drivers provided by the manufacturer for that box.
Setting timeshift to 30 seconds has eliminated lock-ups on various boxes using a USB Nova-T tuner here.
Restart E2 after making the config change.

yep, il give that a try too mate. Thanks