PDA

View Full Version : Just got one

intrigue
01-10-14, 22:12
Got my 3t - great box, fast as hell. Pic on FTA 4HD is amazing. Much better than my sly+ HD box!

Now for the set up :mad:

judge
01-10-14, 22:17
Got my 3t - great box, fast as hell. Pic on FTA 4HD is amazing. Much better than my sly+ HD box!

Now for the set up :mad:

PQ on the new gen TM boxes is excellent on both SD & HD IMO.
Enjoy the box & good luck with the set-up.
It gets easier the more you do it...

intrigue
01-10-14, 23:39
I'm getting there! Just trying to find some decent picons as I've got old sgtflipflops ones on there and a number are missing.

Any recommended ones? Suitable for use with abm.

Using matrix hd skin. Very nice.

Shame about tsmedia not being as glorious as it once was but I can deal with that.

Need a hard drive now! Records ok to USB but sometimes a bit glitchy on playback.

Any other worthwhile plugins I should have? Was told media portal is good but isn't it all German?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

intrigue
01-10-14, 23:41
Also - my tv is lg 50ph660v full hd 1080p.

Should I have setting on box at 1080p? Or should it be less to prevent interference on the sd channels?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cactikid
01-10-14, 23:59
i set mine to 1080p on all boxes:D

intrigue
02-10-14, 08:05
i set mine to 1080p on all boxes:D

Wicked - it is a great box. Can't wait to play with it a bit more but tonight I've got to decorate :violin::violin::violin:

paulusone
06-10-14, 10:15
:thumbsup:After a initial grapple got receiver going with ccam well impressed smooth operation does what it says on the tin picture superb

valhalla
07-10-14, 13:52
picking mine up Wednesday hope its has easey has you say

intrigue
07-10-14, 14:52
It's all good mate

Sicilian
07-10-14, 15:21
I think the TM-Nano-3T is a fantastic receiver, set mine up as one of my main boxes.

Larry-G
07-10-14, 15:27
I think the TM-Nano-3T is a fantastic receiver, set mine up as one of my main boxes.

Can't comment on this box but the nano 2 super is a brilliant receiver, although my fan just died so it's not getting used until I get the time to fit a replacement this Thursday or Friday.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk HD

jwok
07-10-14, 15:57
Been playing with my new box for a couple of hours. First reaction is very good. Fast switching and very quick at scanning.

Only issue I have at the moment is that the terrestrial scan finds nothing! Configured it for my local transmitter but no channels found. Have I missed a vital setting or is my old TV aerial adequate (though the tuner of the TV says 10/10 signal quality!)

Any clues?

Sicilian
07-10-14, 16:00
Whats your Tuner settings for the Hybrid tuner?

intrigue
07-10-14, 16:35

Agreed - it's great - I just need to sort my issues with mgcamd needing the occasional restart after box being put in standby and also get rid of the hdd causing a weird reverberation (see my other post in this section if you can help!)

jwok
07-10-14, 16:56
Sicilian - thanks for your help.

Type dvb t2
Black hill uk
5v off

Sicilian
07-10-14, 17:20
What scan settings are you using?

jwok
07-10-14, 17:34
This will give an idea..

Regardless of Single transponder or Complete/Frequency or Channel, T or T2, no stations found.

jwok
08-10-14, 19:20
I flashed the box with the latest 4D image but still no joy. Any other users having similar issues?

chris16v
09-10-14, 15:39
i just took ownership of one of these yesterday. Got my sat config up and running very quickly, no probs there. Took me a bit longer with the DVB-C tuner as i have never played with C before. i managed to find my net-id and scan 500 or so channels.
did a quick test for the PIP feature (picture in picture) using DVB-S2 and DVB-C and worked a treat. You can even customise the size and postion of the in picture feature. cool....

does any know of uk cable bouquets, cos it looks like the vix image doesnt support the C provider in the autobouquets.

cheers.

intrigue
09-10-14, 16:16
I've got the cable provider showing in ABM as an option as mine. Haven't tried downloading them yet though as had no need to.

jwok
09-10-14, 16:27
Just to let folks know - I solved the terrestrial tuner issue. Had to tune each channel manually with bandwidth set to 8MHz and changing system to T or T2 as appropriate. Still, all good now.

Next...even at its lowest setting the fan noise is intrusive. Is there a solution?

valhalla
09-10-14, 17:09
anyone give me a heads up trying to sort my vermin / sly out to clear channels done a scan there all there

but a cant find where to put my mgcmd amd cc if I need to install a plugin how do I do this

because iv looked in the manual and it says main menu> media player > timers > information>plugins>setup> stanby/restart

but the media player and plugins option is missing

looked everwhere cant find them

chris16v
09-10-14, 21:25
Valhalla

install cams from the plugins menu first, then go to menu/setup/softcam and configure them to autostart, done. :)

chris16v
09-10-14, 21:34
does anyone know if the VIX image has a way to format a usb stick to ext4 so it can be used for EPG and PICONs?
or can fat32 be used

judge
09-10-14, 21:42
does anyone know if the VIX image has a way to format a usb stick to ext4 so it can be used for EPG and PICONs?
or can fat32 be used

Menu -> Setup -> System -> Storage devices -> Initialisation, will format it in EXT4.

intrigue
10-10-14, 09:43
Just to let folks know - I solved the terrestrial tuner issue. Had to tune each channel manually with bandwidth set to 8MHz and changing system to T or T2 as appropriate. Still, all good now.

Next...even at its lowest setting the fan noise is intrusive. Is there a solution?

Turn the TV up :D I can't hear my fan at all. Come to think of it I better check it even works haha

intrigue
10-10-14, 09:46
Valhalla

Reflash it with Vix. The nano 3t comes with 4d so manual refers to that and it's a little different. Put vix on it and use that - it's much better and has great support from the guys here. Then go to plugins, download mgcamd or get it from openvix.co.uk and ftp it to the box.

chris16v
10-10-14, 12:29
I have a question about softcam setup but not sure if it should be here or in the VIX support.

oops, just read the forum rules again, hence the edited question:

does anyone recomend using multple softcams (to accomadate DVB-S & DVB-C) if there is say a Nline and Cline. or should they both be pasted into something like mgcamd?

judge
10-10-14, 12:41
I have a question about softcam setup but not sure if it should be here or in the VIX support.

My new TM-nano-T3I uses a 28e CLine from my own Ubuntu oscam server (using CCcam protocol in oscam) and this clears nicely using the CCcam softcam the T3 . But i also want to make use of a friends cable server on the T3 and he is giving me a Nline but doesnt want me using CCCam on the T3.

So on my Nano-T3 do i use multple softcams or do i paste both lines into say oscam or mgcamd? i wont be the first or the last to ask this question since this fantastic box that does the lot.

Seriously? I suggest you re-read the site rules.

chris16v
10-10-14, 12:55
Sorry Judge, i re-read the rules straight after posting, and amended the post straight away. its obvioulsy better the to remove the unwanted cs remarks, but they are about my own official sub. Woud really appreciate you editing my ill-imformed question from your post as well bud.

rossi2000
10-10-14, 13:01

oops, just read the forum rules again, hence the edited question:

does anyone recomend using multple softcams (to accomadate DVB-S & DVB-C) if there is say a Nline and Cline. or should they both be pasted into something like mgcamd?

paste both lines into cccam. done.

judge
10-10-14, 13:11
Sorry Judge, i re-read the rules straight after posting, and amended the post straight away. its obvioulsy better the to remove the unwanted cs remarks, but they are about my own official sub. Woud really appreciate you editing my ill-imformed question from your post as well bud.
Nope, they were about 'a friends cable server' & a quote wouldn't be a quote if I edited it.

Rossi might be into pissing on the forum rules, but I'm not. Sorry.

chris16v
10-10-14, 13:19
If you re-read, the question was 2 fold, my official sub and a also a friends, admit i went off the rules page, so lets leave it there, post was amended.
i respect the rules.

valhalla
10-10-14, 13:55
thanx for your replies

its already flashed with vix

but the is no plugins option

chris16v
10-10-14, 13:59
its already flashed with vix

but the is no plugins option

from the remote, press the menu button and the first window that pops up should contain the plugins option.
i think its also accessable from a long colour button ut i dont remember which one

valhalla
10-10-14, 14:08
no it only says

timers
information
setup
standby/restart

I think plugins and media player are missing

intrigue
10-10-14, 14:57
Valhalla, that's why I said to re-flash

valhalla
10-10-14, 16:19
just about to reflash

change of uderpant time ;)

intrigue
10-10-14, 22:43
just about to reflash

change of uderpant time ;)

All sorted? Is it working? Plugins ok?

valhalla
11-10-14, 10:25
yes sorted m8 cheers

downloaded mgcmd and ccam just need to load lines on

thanx for your help

chris16v
13-10-14, 09:28
yes sorted m8 cheers

downloaded mgcmd and ccam just need to load lines on

thanx for your help

When you have mgcamd and CCcam installed I dont think you can have them both started and running together. Its one or the other.

Out of interest, since i installed the mgcamd plugin and did a software update to VIX Appollo 55 last week, my 3T keeps crashing to an extent i just get an unresponsive black screen, an unresponsive network adapter and needs the off/on switch flicked to start the box again.

Is anyone else seeing this. (i will probably log this as an issue in the VIX image suport section)

valhalla
13-10-14, 13:59
ok will see im struggling to get flashfxp to connect

anyone know what the default password is

valhalla
13-10-14, 14:23
got it im in

and run out of time gotta go pick kids up damm

stavo
14-10-14, 09:00
morning gents could someone please tell me how you got your sat & cable settings on to the stb must of played last night for hours sat seems to work ok but cable isn't there any help welcome

best regards

stavo

chris16v
14-10-14, 09:16
Stavo,

i am doing this from memory (at work now) but you need to enable the cable tuner, you need a net-id and a symbol rate. Someone else can correct me if i am wrong but make sure u have a cables.xml file (not sure if the image comes with one).
from there you should be able to do a scan, or if u go to autobouqetsmaker there will be an option to switch on the cable provider bouquets. run the bouquets scan along with the 28e scan.

job done

stavo
14-10-14, 09:27
thanks for reply chris I have now got the cable side of it up & running however when I use dreamedit to transfer my sat settings over it overwrites the cable settings & vice versa
which editor do I use to merge both sets of setting together so I can transfer to stb

best regards

stavo

chris16v
14-10-14, 09:51
why are you bothering to use it at all? are you updating bouquets?
if you are then just use the autobouqets maker, deselect the bouquets you dont need. then if you are not happy with the order of bouquets, use the "menu" button on the remote to move the order up and down to how you want it.

i havent yet used dreamboxedit since hosting dvb-s & dvb-c tuners together so i havent come across any issues yet.

Larry-G
14-10-14, 17:02
When you have mgcamd and CCcam installed I dont think you can have them both started and running together. Its one or the other.

Not strictly true, quite a few users have two or more cams running at the same time for various reasons without issues. Also the ViX softcam manager was designed by Andy to be intelligent in that it staggers the cams start up so they don't all start up at the same time and cause issues, it also remembers the order by which you set your cams to start and will stick that that order.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk HD

stavo
14-10-14, 20:26
Got it sorted it seems my dreambox edit was broken merged my settings from my solo2 with my cable settings & bingo all is well must say this stb
is a cracking receiver, one more question is their a option to auto assign cam to various encryption with in the vix image ?

best regards

stavo

rossi2000
14-10-14, 22:33
Nope, they were about 'a friends cable server' & a quote wouldn't be a quote if I edited it.

Rossi might be into pissing on the forum rules, but I'm not. Sorry.

how was i "pissing" on the forum rules?

judge
14-10-14, 22:44
how was i "pissing" on the forum rules?
Presume you're well versed on the forum rules?

rossi2000
14-10-14, 22:52
yes but if you read my post and the post i quoted.
i dont think it was.

i only seen that question and responded to it, i dont know what else has been said or said and edited.

judge
14-10-14, 23:19
i only seen that question and responded to it, i dont know what else has been said or said and edited.
No worries, always possible to read edited posts at different times.
Still, no reason for 'lines' in cam configs when using local cards. Just set-it/them up correctly.

valhalla
15-10-14, 10:45
sorry 123456789

abu baniaz
15-10-14, 10:46
Do you have a valid card in your receiver?

valhalla
15-10-14, 10:57
card ? ive just come from a amiko mini hd/tc and I just dropped the files straight on and away I went didn't realise you needed a card

abu baniaz
15-10-14, 10:59
We don't do card sharing here.

valhalla
15-10-14, 11:02
sorry will edit post

chris16v
15-10-14, 11:38
Valhalla,
this forum only supports members who are using their own official sub card in the revievers card reader, not lines from elsewhere. But even then (as i found its not 100% obvious) because by definition the forum rules mean your own genuine card in the reciever, but not your own card in your home server, this is not allowed for support.

cieloszka68
20-10-14, 11:12
Does your TM plays properly DVD format?
I have a concert Paradise Lost on a network drive,
and my TM unfortunately can not play it.
My second box, Xtrend ET10000 plays the concert
no problem.
I have installed Open ATV 4.2.