PDA

View Full Version : decent dual tuner

thejoker
01-10-14, 18:54
I am after a decent dual tuner that runs vix for my uncle. I am familiar with vu, would get a by solo but price is too much when there is no hd channels anymore.

How does the technomate nano fare running vix, is it on par with the duo. It's 159 which is 40 cheaper.

Should I stick with duo or try something else...?

abu baniaz
01-10-14, 19:05
I presume you are talking about the Nano-02T, not Nano-OE.

Technomate have yet to address the playback issue on the 7335 range. Consider the Miraclebox range.

thejoker
01-10-14, 21:31
The miracle box is more expensive than the duo. Ok well that rules out the technomate, what about gigablue.

Or maybe just stick with duo since I'm well used to them

cactikid
01-10-14, 21:53
some models of gigablue have recording issues unsure of which model,if your happy with a duo:thumbsup:still using one here;)

abu baniaz
01-10-14, 21:54
Nano 2 Super does not have playback issue. Has same CPU as Solo2. Although I'd personally spend extra 20 and get the 3T combo.

judge
01-10-14, 22:12
Nano 2 Super does not have playback issue. Has same CPU as Solo2. Although I'd personally spend extra 20 and get the 3T combo.
+1 on that. If I was in the market for a sub £200 box, I'd be looking at the 3T.
2 sat & 1 DVB-T/C tuners for less than £200.
Haven't tested it but TM seem to be getting better with new boxes & carrying driver fixes from earlier boxes to newest boxes.
Still not without driver issues, but neither are any other manufacturer I currently use.

If you're ordering from the site sponsor, don't forget your £5 discount code.
http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/Digital-Satellite-Receivers/Technomate-Linux-HD-Receivers/Technomate-TM-Nano-3T-COMBO-Enigma-2-HD-Receiver-PVR
Should currently bring it down to £194. Well worth a punt IMO.