PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo2] i have updated to 041 shall i put back the orcam config file back into etc/opkg

Naz
01-10-14, 17:28
i was on 040 and I could not update to 041 and the feed was not coming up. do I deleted the orcam config file and I have updated to the lastest build and the feeds are working. now do I put the orcam config file back where it was or shall I not? and what does this file do anyway? is it of any importance in having it or not?

Stanman
01-10-14, 17:40
If his server ever comes back, it's needed to notify you when his updated his plugins.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

abu baniaz
01-10-14, 17:42
Ocram does grate job updating the picons. So if you use them, a good idea to put it back when his site is back up. If you don't dont worry about it.

judge
01-10-14, 17:45
Nope, don't put it back.
It's used for Ocram picons & his server is still offline.
If it goes back online & he ever deciedes to shut it down again, it will cause the same issus.
IMO, the image is better off without his feeds at this stage.

Rob van der Does
01-10-14, 17:45
For the time being there's no use to put it back; as that server is still down it will give you the same issues as before.

Naz
01-10-14, 18:04
thanks guys

deleted
01-10-14, 20:36
The server is not "still down", but " down again". I too would not recommend putting the file back. I'll probably release the scripts to generate the picons if I have time and be done with it... It's too time consuming and nobody seems to care until it goes offline. I was hoping that adsense could be a savior, but minimum payout is 70eur, so it would take more than a year to achive that goal...

judge
01-10-14, 20:51
@ocram, can you upload the latest generated IPKs here for those that still want to use them?

deleted
01-10-14, 20:56
I'm trying to get the server back online temporarely, so that the VIX team can cleanly remove the feed from the image, I'll upload ipk's to picons subforum. Digital Ocean is doing some work on the backups, so could take a few minutes/hours....

abu baniaz
01-10-14, 20:57
Just like to say thank you very much for all the hard work you have done so far.

judge
01-10-14, 21:01
I'm trying to get the server back online temporarely, so that the VIX team can cleanly remove the feed from the image, I'll upload ipk's to picons subforum. Digital Ocean is doing some work on the backups, so could take a few minutes/hours....

Feed should be removed again on build 42+
https://github.com/oe-alliance/oe-alliance-core/commit/5f1b072e899e3a277d9b027d26b7816394933c43
The last generated IPKs uploaded to the picons subforum would be appreciated though, thanks.

Larry-G
01-10-14, 23:17
The server is not "still down", but " down again". I too would not recommend putting the file back. I'll probably release the scripts to generate the picons if I have time and be done with it... It's too time consuming and nobody seems to care until it goes offline. I was hoping that adsense could be a savior, but minimum payout is 70eur, so it would take more than a year to achive that goal...

I appreciate that you do this all at our own expense as all of us in this hobby do, but remember we did offer to cover your hosting costs by hosting your picons on one of our own dedicated servers free of charge.

judge
01-10-14, 23:29
I'll probably release the scripts to generate the picons if I have time and be done with it... It's too time consuming and nobody seems to care until it goes offline.
Please do. As for going offline, that's when most issues will be reported, obviously.
It's a hobby, if you've lost interest, upload the script and your hobiest instructions & look forward to someone else taking on the hobby & hopefully improving on it in a manner that you can use & appreciate it.