PDA

View Full Version : Tuner settings

leonskaja
01-10-14, 09:51
Hi,

I just updated to a new image (Apollo 041) after more than a year and would like to check with you whether I got the tuner setup right. The reason for asking is that the BBC HD channels are suddenly breaking up, a problem that I never had with the old Vix setup where these channels came through very strongly even in the worst weather (I am on the German/Dutch border).

My setup is as follows:

2 satellite dishes, each with 2 LNBs
1 dish aimed at 28.2E for the English channels
1 aimed at 19.2E for the German/European ones

Tuner A
Simple, DiSEqC A/B, Port A 19.2E Astra ..., Port B 28.2E Eutelsat ..., Set voltage ... Yes, Send DiSEqC No

Tuner B
Like Tuner A

Satfinder gives me the following signal strengths:
Tuner A SNR 95%, AGC 82%

Is this the right setup?

timofee
01-10-14, 14:06
Are you sure this is image related. Have you tried going back (only as a temporary test) to your previous image to see if there is a problem with that image as well.

The BBC/ITV/Ch4/Ch5 channels are now more difficult to receive in Europe but you should have no problem at your location. I recently loaded the latest Apollo over a very old Helios image on a Uno - location is the French Alps - and everything worked exactly as before. All the BBC channels are received perfectly.

leonskaja
01-10-14, 14:43
No I am not sure it is image related. Yes, I did try to go back only to fail miserably because the Image Manager failed (see my other recent post on Mounting a server folder).

timofee
01-10-14, 22:16
Sorry, I was not aware of your other post regarding not being able to restore your old image.

I have a very similar 19°e/28°e setup but with just a single tuner and single LNBs. My settings are exactly the same as your settings - simple, DiSEqC A/B, Port A 19.2E ..., Port B 28.2E, Set voltage - Yes, Send DiSEqC - No. And as I said before, it all works smoothly with the latest Apollo image.

The most likely explanation is a problem with your dish/LNB/connections. You could do a test with just a single feed from the 28°e LNB into one of your tuners - see if you still get stuttering on the HD channels.

leonskaja
02-10-14, 20:42
Thanks Timofee. I have long suspected a problem with the actual connections, or rather one of them and think the actual switch might be a bit dodgy. I did have it checked though and t passed with flying colours. Moreover, the odd thing is that everything was fine with the old image. In fact, all is well now too, but I am not sure how I solved it. The problem went away when instead of making Tuner B "like A", I let it run its own channel search (but it is still set up exactly as A). I did tinker around with a few other things that I cannot remember, so I can't be a 100% sure about what actually set things right. I guess to be on the safe side I should replace the old switch (now 10 years old anyway).

cactikid
02-10-14, 21:03
as you said....." Tuner A
Simple, DiSEqC A/B, Port A 19.2E Astra ..., Port B 28.2E Eutelsat ..., Set voltage ... Yes, Send DiSEqC No " how are you switching from one to other if you are using a diseqc switch?:confused:

timofee
03-10-14, 00:04
It's typical enigma2 confusing details when going through settings.

The full line is "send DiSEqC only on Satellite change" to which the answer is no - because you also want to send the DiSEqC command on changing from one channel to another when the two channels are on different satellites.