PDA

View Full Version : [ET9x00] Error remounting root! ---- Reflashing to 041

Flyingpig
30-09-14, 23:03
Hello All,

I have just tried to reflash from the Vix Image Manager to Apollo 041 and in the middle of flashing the box has hung and says error remounting root in red letters.

The flashing rootfs bar is half way through and the remounting rootfs read only has not got any progress.

What should I do? Restart my box, turn it off? Will it brick my box?

Help.....

FP.

EDIT - I can telnet to the box. I havent turnder it off as yet and it is still in hung mode.

bellejt
30-09-14, 23:50
had the same problem.Just turned off box by back switch and on again.Box starts on previous image.Had to do a full flash without restore to get it running.After flash , had to remove ocram CFG link in etc/opkg.Then it seems to find feeds again and updated all manually.A bit more work but box is running fine now. PS : I set the box to load with unstable feeds also.

Flyingpig
01-10-14, 20:07
Thanks for the help...!!

Switched it off from the back. Flashed a new image fgrom usb - once installed counldnt install CCCAM I got an error message saying could not lock /usr/lib something or other. ANyways it installed more by luck than anything else.

Once that was installed it was impossible to install any plugins until I removed the link to Orcram as suggested above.

I sense trouble with 041.... Still not working right as the EPG is all over the place and got MTV Trax.

judge
01-10-14, 20:20
Thanks for the help...!!

Switched it off from the back. Flashed a new image fgrom usb - once installed counldnt install CCCAM I got an error message saying could not lock /usr/lib something or other. ANyways it installed more by luck than anything else.

Once that was installed it was impossible to install any plugins until I removed the link to Orcram as suggested above.
All fixed by removing the offending plugin feed.

I sense trouble with 041.... Still not working right as the EPG is all over the place and got MTV Trax.
No idea what you mean?

Flyingpig
01-10-14, 20:27
With 041 the things that are normally rock solid are not working very well. For instance, a fresh install eventually was complete last night. I installed CCcam had issues installing that. Setup the EPG to download XEPGB 28 east shedule download at 6am. Came down this morning - NO EPG. Downloaded again via blue button cross EPG downloader at 7:35 and was fine. Came home from work EPG blank. DOwnloaded again via the blue button then I had programmes for MTV Trax in SS1 to 5 and a few other things as well.

Reformatted my USB drive - all seems okay at the min.

So all in all, not so simple, and that is just the problems I have encountered - including the very worrying Error Remoungint Root in big red letters.... Never had this much trouble with any of the previous images.

judge
01-10-14, 20:34
including the very worrying Error Remoungint Root in big red letters....

The error remounting root is nothing to worry about. It's happening because a background check is taking a lot longer to complete due to the ocram picons server being down & root can't be unmounted while this is happening.

I'd suggest maybe setting the box up again & before you do anything else, remove the ocram feed. Then continue with all other settings.