PDA

View Full Version : Cannot restore settings

leonskaja
30-09-14, 15:07
Hi,

I finally updated my Solo2 with the latest image (Apollo.041) and all went well but when I tried to restore my settings from the backup I am told "Sorry, but the file is not compatible with this image version". Since setting up the Solo2 is quite a lot of work I would rather not go through it all again. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to restore the settings?

sataday
30-09-14, 15:12
From what version of apollo have you updated to 041 ?

leonskaja
30-09-14, 15:39
Oops, how can I tell from the old backup what version I had? I am not even sure it was Apollo.

Larry-G
30-09-14, 15:57
Oops, how can I tell from the old backup what version I had? I am not even sure it was Apollo.

The backup should contain the image version and build number in its name. If it was not Apollo or any Apollo build before 032 a full fresh reflash will be required any way. So it may pay to just fresh flash to build 041 and set up from scratch. It's not as daunting as it sounds and we are here to help if you get stuck.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk HD

leonskaja
30-09-14, 16:04
It did a full reflash but never realised that that means I cannot restore such settings as favourite channels and such. My old VIX image went back to 2013.

Larry-G
30-09-14, 16:50
It did a full reflash but never realised that that means I cannot restore such settings as favourite channels and such. My old VIX image went back to 2013.

If you have your old settings backup still, you could use 7-zip on your PC to extract the contents so you can retrieve any vital files such as softcam config files. The rest I would recommend you setup afresh.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk HD

leonskaja
30-09-14, 20:03
Good idea. I copied my old userbouquet (after some modifications in DreamboxEdit) back to the Solo2 and rebooted. It didn't work right away but after another reboot or two it finally seemed to have picked up the new/old userbouquet. Still a lot of settings to go through though!