PDA

View Full Version : [ViX_Misc] Vix 041 error downloading plugins

tandaman
30-09-14, 11:10
If I telenet to update to 041 from 040 I get an error

* opkg download: Failed to download http://picons.org/downloads/ipk/Packages.gz, wget returned 1.

judge
30-09-14, 11:16
Looks like picons.org is down again.
Remove the ocram feed from /etc/opkg/ & try again.

tandaman
30-09-14, 11:18
Will do mate thanks

tandaman
30-09-14, 11:28
Sorted mate thanks for your help

Rob van der Does
30-09-14, 12:23
Looks like picons.org is down again.
Remove the ocram feed from /etc/opkg/ & try again.
Better rename it; then you can revert to the original name later.

Larry-G
30-09-14, 14:23
Better rename it; then you can revert to the original name later.

Better in my opinion to just remove them from the feeds all together, otherwise this is going to happen over and over again, this being the second time now in a very short period of time.

tappari
30-09-14, 14:26
Better in my opinion to just remove them from the feeds all together, otherwise this is going to happen over and over again, this being the second time now in a very short period of time.

I agree. Who need`s it?

Larry-G
30-09-14, 14:28
I agree. Who need`s it?

Personally I dont even use picons any more.

bellejt
30-09-14, 15:12
not possible to do a simple update cause feeds seem down.A coach flash is working.

Rob van der Does
30-09-14, 15:13
Our feeds are also down sometimes. No reason to delete all update options.
No idea why Ocram is down atm.

bellejt
30-09-14, 15:19
no update possible with recovery for the moment.Not even coach flash.Bloody hell when feeds are down.Go back to 40 until feeds are up.

Larry-G
30-09-14, 15:25
no update possible with recovery for the moment.Not even coach flash.Bloody hell when feeds are down.Go back to 40 until feeds are up.
No the image feeds ate not down. It's ocram's picon feeds that are down, even then it would not prevent you from couch flashing using the image manager.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

bellejt
30-09-14, 15:30
coach flashing is ok until asked if I want to restore.Answer yes and then box hangs and does nothing more.I want to restore and only need cccam 2.3.0.That restores trough the feeds.

Larry-G
30-09-14, 15:36
coach flashing is ok until asked if I want to restore.Answer yes and then box hangs and does nothing more.I want to restore and only need cccam 2.3.0.That restores trough the feeds.
That's because ocram's server is down. You can manually delete or rename his feed which will bypass this problem until he gets his server back online.

bellejt
30-09-14, 15:52
removed that line.Still not working on duo2.Will do a clean update and manualy restore cccam and mediaportal.

Larry-G
30-09-14, 15:55
removed that line.Still not working on duo2.Will do a clean update and manualy restore cccam and mediaportal.

No because that will restore the ocram feeds again, just deleting or renaming the ocram feed in the image and then reboot enigma should be enough.

Or just grab the softcams you need from www.openvix.co.uk and manually install them .

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk HD

bellejt
30-09-14, 16:24
no more time and not working.Will wait till feeds are up again.Thx for help anyway.

Tkr001
30-09-14, 16:51
Removing ocrams feed did the trick for me.

bellejt
30-09-14, 16:58
on removing the ocram do I need to reboot the box before updating online ? I updated without rebooting.Maybe thats the problem.

Tkr001
30-09-14, 17:03
No I didn't reboot. Just checking, did you telnet in and rm /etc/opkg/ocram-feed.conf

bellejt
30-09-14, 17:05
no removed it by DCC FTP .Now box hangs on booting 73

Tkr001
30-09-14, 17:09
Ok, I removed it via telnet....

bellejt
30-09-14, 18:20
not one update is working fine.Cause feeds are down system does not find update settings.Is second time that picons are bloody hell when there server is down.Maybe remove from image.Ill just wait until feeds are up.Personaly I think there should be a sticky topic on feeds up or down.When down we would not loose a lot off time to try and update with restore function.I like to update to latest image but not with so many troubles.

judge
30-09-14, 18:31
not one update is working fine.Cause feeds are down system does not find update settings.Is second time that picons are bloody hell when there server is down.Maybe remove from image.Ill just wait until feeds are up.Personaly I think there should be a sticky topic on feeds up or down.When down we would not loose a lot off time to try and update with restore function.I like to update to latest image but not with so many troubles.
The feeds aren't down though.

Larry-G
30-09-14, 18:37

As I have said and others have too, the feeds are not down, this error is because the ocram server has gone down again, FTP to /etc/opkg/ and delete or rename the ocram-feed.conf file until he restores his server and fixes the issue. as for checking the feeds status go to www.openvix.co.uk and look at the coloured orb in the top left corner.

GREEN = feeds are online
RED = feeds are down
Yellow or Gold = Feeds are being updated.

sataday
30-09-14, 18:40
They are not shown as down, but I can't connect with them for whatever reason.

correction. I does now say that they are down for maintenance.

bellejt
30-09-14, 18:42
same here : no connection to feeds with any image.Restore is not possible.Not even flash with usb stick.Box always looking for feeds.Even after deleting oscram feed with FTP.

Larry-G
30-09-14, 18:43
They are not shown as down, but I can't connect with them for whatever reason.

As has been noted repeatedly. If your image is prior to OpenViX Apollo build 032 there are no longer any feeds for your image, if you are on any image after OpenViX Apollo build 032 then the feeds are fine, but ocrams picon server is down, this is what is tripping the image to falsely report the feeds are down, just follow the instructions above and remove or rename the ocram feeds file and the feeds will work again minus the ocram picon feeds.

bellejt
30-09-14, 18:52
image restored to 037 and working fine but when I do update on VIX software update it says no updates or stays on renewing list.So server not reachable.Coach flashing gives the same problem.

Larry-G
30-09-14, 19:09
image restored to 037 and working fine but when I do update on VIX software update it says no updates or stays on renewing list.So server not reachable.Coach flashing gives the same problem.

Which receiver ?.

Lothar2
30-09-14, 19:12
Yesterday i have do a onlineupdate from 037 to 041 without problems.

bellejt
30-09-14, 19:16
VU+ DUO2 quad tuner with HDD 1 TB

Satdumbum
30-09-14, 19:30
I have the same problems with duo2. Fixed by removal of feeds file. I ftp'd the file to pc for possible restoration.

bellejt
30-09-14, 19:39
witch files ? I already removed ocram file

lemi
30-09-14, 19:52
witch files ? I already removed ocram file
Telnet to your receiver,type opkg update and post it here.

bellejt
30-09-14, 20:10
Welcome to OpenViX for vuduo2
openvix Apollo vuduo2

vuduo2 login: root
Last login: Tue Sep 30 21:05:23 CEST 2014 on pts/0
root@vuduo2:~# opkg update
Downloading http://enigma2.world-of-satellite.com/feeds/Apollo/vuduo2/3rdparty/P
ackages.gz.
Inflating http://enigma2.world-of-satellite.com/feeds/Apollo/vuduo2/3rdparty/Pac
kages.gz.
Updated list of available packages in /var/lib/opkg/openvix-3rdparty.
Downloading http://enigma2.world-of-satellite.com/feeds/Apollo/vuduo2/all/Packag
es.gz.
Inflating http://enigma2.world-of-satellite.com/feeds/Apollo/vuduo2/all/Packages
.gz.
Updated list of available packages in /var/lib/opkg/openvix-all.
Downloading http://enigma2.world-of-satellite.com/feeds/Apollo/vuduo2/mips32el/P
ackages.gz.
Inflating http://enigma2.world-of-satellite.com/feeds/Apollo/vuduo2/mips32el/Pac
kages.gz.
Updated list of available packages in /var/lib/opkg/openvix-mips32el.
Downloading http://picons.org/downloads/ipk/Packages.gz.

stops there

lemi
30-09-14, 20:28
As you can see,feeds are not down."picons.org" are ocram picons.You have to FTP to /etc/opkg/ and delete it.Restart receiver and do it again"opkg update" then "opkg upgrade".

bellejt
30-09-14, 20:40
did it several times tonight.I will try again later as I am watching Frank Rosin now.

lemi
30-09-14, 20:57
You don't watch Champions League:eek:

bellejt
30-09-14, 21:49
removed ocram file and asked software update.Seems to make connection but says : no updates available.I am on apollo 37 now.Just retried update from coach flashing .Respons Due to maintenance feeds are not actif.

Larry-G
30-09-14, 22:17
removed ocram file and asked software update.Seems to make connection but says : no updates available.I am on apollo 37 now.Just retried update from coach flashing .Respons Due to maintenance feeds are not actif.
Which receiver ?.

bellejt
30-09-14, 22:21
underscript says vu+ duo2

Larry-G
30-09-14, 22:30
underscript says vu+ duo2

In future please add such information with your thread when reporting issues, especially in such instances as now where you are posting in a Vu+ Solo titled thread.

bellejt
30-09-14, 22:32
ok will do that.