PDA

View Full Version : scanning query on twin tuners

cactikid
29-09-14, 22:33
first time going this route maybe going astray
tuner 1 =28.2
tuner 2 on diseqc switch a=28.2 b=13.0 c=motorized fixed 19.2. to where ever it was last pointed at downstairs control

doing scans 28.2 listed correct names and continued to next scan with french names but still lists 28.2 above:confused:.

when all the sats are scanned i can see the 3 providers scanned.

is that a feasible setup fixed dishes and motorised on a diseqc.thanks

abu baniaz
29-09-14, 22:40
I don't understand what you are asking. Can yoyu help me understand better please.

You have not said which scan settings you used. Also, why have you "fixed" your motor?

cactikid
29-09-14, 23:46
first scan i did as tuner 1 on 28.2 i got the correct list of names like ch4 etc but checking sats via green button
28.2 services it lists channels from other sat,this was after the 3 sats were scanned.

single fixed 28.2 to tuner 1.
need to get back up into attic recheck cables and diseqc as something is not right.
tuner 2 diseqc is suppose to be set to A for 28.2 its not.

the motorised dish has only a feed from that room as downstairs protek has the control/movement over dish:D

abu baniaz
29-09-14, 23:54
You have got your wires crossed and tuner config is incorrect. You can check attic to be definite or work it out.

If you want to work it out, disable tuner 1. Leave it disabled. until end.
Transfer a chanenl list. Don't scan.
Experiment with diseqc entries for tuner 2.

cactikid
30-09-14, 00:05
think i will bring my tv and box into the attic to recheck my feed cables are correct even got different coloured insulation tape to wrap around them,this bloody pc showing black sections on parts of screen not helping either and had to give up with the vix manual .

been a long while since i did transfer a channel list/bouquet,ok cheers thanks