PDA

View Full Version : Help!! My new Nano 2 Super doesn't work!

intrigue
29-09-14, 19:05
Just got a Nano 2 super through the door. Plugged it all in - green light on, flashes for a bit - no output to TV though. Any ideas? Tried different HDMI leads, sockets and TV's.

Agghhhhhhh this is so annoying!!!

world-of-satellite.co.uk
29-09-14, 19:17
Should have purchased from us, we would have pre-flash and boot tested prior to shipping ;)

Sicilian
29-09-14, 19:33
Just got a Nano 2 super through the door. Plugged it all in - green light on, flashes for a bit - no output to TV though. Any ideas? Tried different HDMI leads, sockets and TV's.

Agghhhhhhh this is so annoying!!!

Have you flashed it with an image? Updated to latest bootloader?

intrigue
29-09-14, 19:38
I know WOS, but my mate has his own aerial co so was trying to support him a little - even cost me a bit more than you guys!

Sicilian - not done a thing. It's fresh out of the box

Larry-G
29-09-14, 19:50
Try flashing a image and are you sure it's a genuine receiver and not a clone.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

intrigue
29-09-14, 20:09
Its genuine for sure.

Works on yellow plug output just not HDMI - Any ideas? Bad HDMI port? Turned box off and plugged in both HDMI and yellow plug and it worked. As soon as I pulled the yellow plug it lost pic.

abu baniaz
29-09-14, 20:12
What image is on there now? As much detail as possible

Menu > Information > About

cactikid
29-09-14, 20:16
when you say the yellow plug is that the phono video as with the red and white,if it has a picture with the yellow plug in check settings are not setup like scart as it might stop hdmi working and change to hdmi setting??

intrigue
29-09-14, 20:16
OpenPli 3.0
Says powered by 4d

intrigue
29-09-14, 20:18
Cactikid - only options I could find were HDMI or HDMI PC. The set up wizard did the usual 'can you see this screen' thing and didn't cycle through anything other than HDMI option too, even though it was the yellow (yes the type you are thinking of) plugged in

abu baniaz
29-09-14, 20:28
Start afresh.

Flash the latest 4D image

http://downloadtmsw.com/bbs/list.php?board=tmnano2super

or Vix image
http://openvix.co.uk/index.php?dir=TM-Nano2-Super

Guide to flashing
http://openvix.co.uk/index.php?dir=Guides%20and%20Tutorials/Flashing%20Guides/

intrigue
29-09-14, 20:32
I have a new box coming weds (spoke to my supplier and he will order it tomorrow). If I put Vix on it, and it still doesn't work, will the factory reset option put it back to openpli 4d?

abu baniaz
29-09-14, 20:33
Also make sure that the hdmi cable is inserted fully.

intrigue
29-09-14, 20:35
It's deffo in all the way! Shall I go ahead and flash? I need to know a factory reset will put openpli back on it

abu baniaz
29-09-14, 20:35
Installing an image clears everything. You will have to flash the 4D image if you want that back on.

Sponsor does a good deal and £5 discount on the Nano 3T.

intrigue
29-09-14, 20:40
I know I know - I was just trying to do the right thing by a mate

OK - it says found software, press OK to start. Pressed OK. Video signal gone. Is this normal?

abu baniaz
29-09-14, 20:45
That Nano 2 Super only displays video output on hdmi during flashing for me. It's normal.

You can safely reboot it after 10 minutes if there is no picture to confirm is finished. Talkes less time than this.

intrigue
29-09-14, 20:45
Helllllpppp!!! 7 minutes and still not back on!

intrigue
29-09-14, 20:46
Ok thank you - will try after 10

intrigue
29-09-14, 20:48
Hmmm still on OpenPli - I'm using a tiny 126mb no name usb stick as the only other i have is a 16gb toshiba. could that be the cause? Can I use the tosh?

abu baniaz
29-09-14, 21:12
There are no PLI images for the Technomates. The 4D images are based on OpenPLI. Slight differnce, but different nonetheless.

Double check the image information page to confirm.

intrigue
29-09-14, 21:18
It says Image: Openpli 3.0
Kernel Version:3.9.7
Enigma 02-21-2014
Last upgrade: Unavailable
Powered by 4D

intrigue
29-09-14, 21:20
And now co-incidentally my laptop has gone made and suddenly hates usb sticks and wants to format them all. But then says it can't. Gahhhhh

abu baniaz
29-09-14, 21:21
It now has the 4D image. Surprsied you did not flash the 29/08/2014 image though. Doesn't matter as its going back.

intrigue
29-09-14, 21:23
No, that's how it came out of the box. That's not what I put on it. I tried putting on apollo 041

abu baniaz
29-09-14, 21:41
On that flashing guide, there is a link to formatting software. Use that to format your USB stick if you want to persist.

intrigue
29-09-14, 21:59
Won't work, it's as if my laptop has lost all ability to format USB sticks

abu baniaz
29-09-14, 22:25
have you got a different flash drive that is 8gb or less?

judge
29-09-14, 22:35
Is the image still on the USB stick? presume it is.
If so, plug out all cables, set it up with HDMI cable to TV only.
Reboot the box with USB inserted & when it says 'found software, press OK to start', press the OK button on the box.
Does it complete then?

intrigue
29-09-14, 22:38
No. But either way, my laptop says every USB i put in needs to be formatted, which is crap as it wasn't doing that before I tried flashing. The box seems to have corrupted my flash drive which in turn has somehow messed up my laptops ability to deal with usb sticks. It's the only logical explanation

intrigue
29-09-14, 22:41
Judge - the image is still on the usb, I am guessing. But it no longer gives option to up date. As above post, I think the USB has been buggered by the box and in turn screwed with my laptops usb drivers.

HDMI doesn't work, hence trying to flash to get it working

cactikid
29-09-14, 22:42
or box is changing info on usb and when plugged into laptop it says it needs a format?

intrigue
29-09-14, 22:43
OK - My little USB is wrecked I think. I plugged my tosh USB in to the technomate (has been used as an epg stick on my old box) and formatted it on there (can't do that with the little stick - it doesnt see the stick) Now the laptop is seeing the tosh stick

Can I flash using the 16gb tosh stick?

judge
29-09-14, 22:44
It's the only logical explanation

Nope, the image more than likely created linux prtition or files thet your windows install can't read.
Try flashing with the box again before formatting it in windows again.

intrigue
29-09-14, 22:44
or box is changing info on usb and when plugged into laptop it says it needs a format?

That's what I think happens in a way, but the laptop can't format the usb then. Just keeps error messaging me. Tried with every each way of formatting

abu baniaz
29-09-14, 22:49
Sleep is a good aid to finding solutons for many problems. Call it a night and tackle issues tomorrow.

intrigue
29-09-14, 22:50
Nope, the image more than likely created linux prtition or files thet your windows install can't read.
Try flashing with the box again before formatting it in windows again.

Ah ok - but windows won't touch either stick now. However I managed to format my 16gb tosh via the box menu and then the laptop is now formatting it. Is it a no no to use 16gb for flashing?

intrigue
29-09-14, 22:51
Sleep is a good aid to finding solutons for many problems. Call it a night and tackle issues tomorrow.

I'm nearly at that stage. Little longer tho

judge
29-09-14, 22:53
Is it a no no to use 16gb for flashing?
16gb is fine for flashing although some people seem to have isues with larger sticks. Never had an issue myself on multiple boxes.
For the sticks that your windows box won't format now, search the forums for HP Format Tool & use that.

abu baniaz
29-09-14, 22:57
I'm nearly at that stage. Little longer tho

Good thing this is not a carry on film

intrigue
29-09-14, 22:58
Hahahhaa. God I hate waiting for formatting!

intrigue
29-09-14, 23:09
Well....flash in progress. Fingers crossed.

intrigue
29-09-14, 23:12
I've got Vix but in the set up wizard it still only shows option for HDMI, but it only works with the yellow video lead

intrigue
29-09-14, 23:17
Going to bed now. Video output will only let me choose HDMI but it won't output via HDMI. Makes sense! Must be a crap box? So I guess it's waiting until wednesday :(

intrigue
29-09-14, 23:28
One last thing - can I get this box all set up how I want it with plugins as bouquets etc then do a backup and when the new box comes restore from the backup?

abu baniaz
29-09-14, 23:36
One last thing - can I get this box all set up how I want it with plugins as bouquets etc then do a backup and when the new box comes restore from the backup?
Yes you can.

Refer to section 8.1 of the manual.

intrigue
30-09-14, 07:45
Thanks - thought so.

Now - this combo 3t - is it worth me asking to swap for that? Or is it just paying extra for the display on front of box and the additional cable / terrestrial tuner? So I can record 2 x channels and watch a third?

Sicilian
30-09-14, 08:02
Must be a crap box?

It's not a crap box, you've just been unlucky. Electronics.....

intrigue
30-09-14, 08:05
It's not a crap box, you've just been unlucky. Electronics.....

Apologies - that's what I meant - not that the box wasn't a good one!

Would you say it would be worth me trying to get the 3t Combo Sicilian?

Sicilian
30-09-14, 08:09
Apologies - that's what I meant - not that the box wasn't a good one!

Would you say it would be worth me trying to get the 3t Combo Sicilian?

Thats completely upto you and your budget, WoS has the best price around atm ;) http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/Digital-Satellite-Receivers/Technomate-Linux-HD-Receivers/Technomate-TM-Nano-3T-COMBO-Enigma-2-HD-Receiver-PVR

intrigue
30-09-14, 08:15
Ok - I'll take it that it's better than the n2s in the tuner and display as all other spec seems the same.

Will consider it.

Thanks

Larry-G
30-09-14, 11:46
The box seems to have corrupted my flash drive which in turn has somehow messed up my laptops ability to deal with usb sticks. It's the only logical explanation

Sorry but thats quite impossible.

intrigue
30-09-14, 11:57
Sorry but thats quite impossible.

I have no idea what happened, but guessing it's something to do with Linux / window system differences.

Both were good and known working usb drives. One had been set up for EPG and picons in my old box and was happy there. The second (small one) was simply for flashing.

All was working good until the failed flash. Putting that in to the laptop to format then started all the issues. Neither USB stick would format.

I had to format the tosh one in the nano super and then put it in to laptop where I could then format it.

The little stick is dead though so it's going in the bin.

intrigue
30-09-14, 15:01
The nano 2 super is going back and instead I'm getting a Nano 3T! Wahey. Thanks for your help everyone. I will donate to the site friday when I get paid again.

Larry-G
30-09-14, 15:27
Don't bin the stick just yet. Wait till you have the new box and try it again.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

intrigue
30-09-14, 15:35
It's only a freebie stick. I think it was only about 126mb or something :eek: Rather get a new one than have to go through this pain again haha

Prospero1960
19-10-14, 13:51
Judge - the image is still on the usb, I am guessing. But it no longer gives option to up date. As above post, I think the USB has been buggered by the box and in turn screwed with my laptops usb drivers.
As others have said, on the face of it this would seem to be impossible. However, I've had a similar experience with my own set up. I used a USB stick in the TM Nano2 Super and then it because unreadable by my Windows XP machine. Not only can I not read or reformat it, the XP machine now won't recognise any of my other USB sticks. I wouldn't necessarily blame the receiver for this though - more likely a case of Windows getting upset at something it didn't recognise being thrown at it.

s2tephen
19-10-14, 15:57
In Windows

Try going to Control panel / Administrative Tools / Computer Management / Disk Management /
See if it shows up in there, if it does you may be able to fix it.

abu baniaz
19-10-14, 16:10
He had a faulty receiver which was replaced by his vendor.