PDA

View Full Version : Dcc

rammythejammy
27-04-10, 17:02
hI to all and I need your help. I got the Vu+ Duo with Dreamelite 132 and it is load and working but when i use the dcc to put my Cccam config file, the reciever side is showing blank it is not showing any files for the reciever. I have loaded the Cccam 214 and is showing ( user and pwd is correct and is showing green on both telnet and ftp) , Am i doing something wrong or have some files missing that need to be loaded ? I.E ipk package. I have gone through this a few times and still the same results no files showing in Dcc 2.92E2. your help is greatly appreciated and many tthanks in advance:confused::confused:

Sicilian
27-04-10, 17:20
Did you install CCcam via Dream Elite addons panel? And did you select full or bin only?

Using FTP navigate to var/etc, thats where CCcam.cfg should be if you installed the full CCcam 214 from Dream Elite addons menu. To use Dream Elite addons menu press green button on remote.

wullboy
27-04-10, 17:26
hI to all and I need your help. I got the Vu+ Duo with Dreamelite 132 and it is load and working but when i use the dcc to put my Cccam config file, the reciever side is showing blank it is not showing any files for the reciever. I have loaded the Cccam 214 and is showing ( user and pwd is correct and is showing green on both telnet and ftp) , Am i doing something wrong or have some files missing that need to be loaded ? I.E ipk package. I have gone through this a few times and still the same results no files showing in Dcc 2.92E2. your help is greatly appreciated and many tthanks in advance:confused::confused:

I had this problem with one of the DCC version, cant remember what one,i could not see any files or folder at all, so i remove it and installed version 2.6a, and THEN i could see all my files and folder m8 !!

Sicilian
27-04-10, 17:28
Personally I'd use something like filezilla http://filezilla-project.org/

Use the IP of you VU+ Duo as the site user = root, pass = leave blank

malsat
27-04-10, 17:30
you have to use telnet to change password before you can edit var in the box

Sicilian
27-04-10, 17:32
you have to use telnet to change password before you can edit var in the box

Password can be left blank, no need to change just to edit CCcam.cfg

Retired member
27-04-10, 17:43
A blank password in DCC doesn't work well (is the same on all linux machines), best solution is either telnet in and set a new password so password is no longer blank, then use DCC again, or as suggested use another FTP client such as Filezilla or my personal choice WinSCP. :)

Sicilian
27-04-10, 17:46
To set your password via telnet, do as follows: -

Telnet xxx.xxx.xx.xx <<<your vu+ IP, then this command: -

passwd

you will then be prompted to enter your password, then be prompted to re-enter it again.

wullboy
27-04-10, 17:50
the way i`m seeing rammythejammy`s post, is he is not seeing his folders on the box side in dcc, does this mean he is not getting into it, as i said in my post, i could see the folders on the lappy side, but i could not see the folders in the box side [ mine`s is a technomate ] so i installed an older version, i believe, and only then did i see folders on both sides ??

Retired member
27-04-10, 18:25
Yep it's a DCC bug, it is actually connected it just convinces itself it's not for some reason, only seems to happen with a blank password though, it's never really been noticed by many until recently because a Dreambox image almost always has a password preset, where as more recently with Technomate and now VU+ they tend to come with no password. Easy enough to sort though using any of the ways above :)

rammythejammy
28-04-10, 06:30
Thank you all for your replies and I did solve the problem and it was by putting in my own password and it came up but many thanks for your replies

bobonthejob
28-04-10, 08:43
Ive seen this befored...Ive just ended up changing the password and all works well after.