PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Venton box bought from Sponsor

kanwar
29-09-14, 18:19
Hello there,

I bought a new Venton Unibox HD2 from the sponsor in May of 2014 and it has served me fairly well, till very recently.

About a month ago, I started getting a problem where the box would suddenly become extremely slow (I'm talking reaaaaaalllly slow). This was fixed by turning the box on and off from the power switch on the back.

The situation has now come to a head and this problem has become constant and irreversible. I have flashed the box with new VIX image (tried flashing 2-3 times) and when the new image loads up it's just not responding. It seems like a problem with the memory and the box has become unusuable!

My question is what can I do about this? Is there a standard 12 month warranty? I'm in a right pickle here and would be very grateful for some advice in getting the box returned etc.

Thanks.

NB: I do not, nor have used the intermal memory for EPG or anything like this. I have HDD for recordings and USB for EPG.

Sicilian
29-09-14, 19:24
Have you tried a complete fresh flash and setup with no restore? Also disconnect any USB devices or internal HDD, Satellite Feeds, Ethernet, then test.

kanwar
29-09-14, 22:08
Have you tried a complete fresh flash and setup with no restore? Also disconnect any USB devices or internal HDD, Satellite Feeds, Ethernet, then test.

Hi, thanks for reply.

I always flash completely new. Haven't ever restored, and don't know how to, tbh.

I will try without hdd, ethernet or feeds connected, but I doubt it will save the problem. I re initialised hdd as well.

abu baniaz
29-09-14, 22:10
If you remove the satelllite cables, is the box responsive?