PDA

View Full Version : USB Stick Tuner

crackajack
29-09-14, 12:37
Hi all, Has anyone used the DVBSky T330 DVB-C/T/T2 USB Stick Tuner on the Vu Duo running the lasted ViX image?

twelfd
29-09-14, 13:24
Tried it with openatv latest- worked fine with that so should be fine with vix aswwell

crackajack
29-09-14, 14:54
Tried it with openatv latest- worked fine with that so should be fine with vix aswwell

Yeah I know, but even the web site couldn't tell me after I contacted them !!

crackajack
03-10-14, 18:43
Right I have one now. Down loaded the dvd family plugin, cant find any channels. Ive set it up as I did with my duo2 but still no good? BTW the line is live

Sicilian
03-10-14, 18:47
You're better off spending a bit more and buying the Sundtek tuner here http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/USB-Digital-Tuners/Sundtek-MediaTV-Digital-Home-USB-Tuner-Cable-Terrestrial-HD-DVB-C-T-T2 Better support and driver updates from Sundtek.

With ViX simply install Sundtek control centre through plugins and that will install the drivers.

crackajack
03-10-14, 19:25
that reply doesn't help any one and why didn't you say this when I first asked the question?

Sicilian
03-10-14, 19:50
and why didn't you say this when I first asked the question?

Maybe because only just come across your topic :rolleyes:

DaMacFunkin
03-10-14, 19:55
I read the other day that some guy had one and was having problems with it when switching between sat and cable tuners. As for channels you need to set abm up for your area, there are a few threads in the abm section about setting up cable.

crackajack
03-10-14, 20:42
I read the other day that some guy had one and was having problems with it when switching between sat and cable tuners. As for channels you need to set abm up for your area, there are a few threads in the abm section about setting up cable.

Its all set up with more or less the same configuration as my duo2

deckymckeown
03-10-14, 23:14
Its all set up with more or less the same configuration as my duo2

Mate I have this working on Vix image but am having serious problems with it! it was me that posted the topic about having trouble when switching from sat to cable tuner. I also couldn't scan the tuner so I had to use auto bouquets, select virmin media and pick your region and it works fine

Problems start when you switch between sat and cable - so for me, this tuner aint the best! I will be buying a sundtek as soon as

birdman
04-10-14, 02:00
A question about another USB DVB-T2 stick, then.

The drivers for the (Hauppauge) pctv TripleStick 292e (which replaced the 290e earlier this year) went into the 3.16.x Linux kernel. Is this likely to be supported by OpenVIX any time soon?

DaMacFunkin
04-10-14, 07:00
Please be aware although the sundtek works fine it will probably cause any other USB tuners on your system to stop working, I have had a serious 'discussion' with them about how their control panel seems to grab all resources but they are adamant that is how they want it to work.

crackajack
04-10-14, 15:09
Managed to get it up and running thanks guys :)

degoosefish
23-10-16, 15:06
Can anyone qualify what DVB-T2/T/C USB Tuners work really well with Openvix currently? anything available cheap and cheerful which will pick up T2 ??

Stanman
23-10-16, 16:55
Pctv 290e does

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

DaMacFunkin
23-10-16, 16:59
But all the models are now 292 even if they say 290.
As far as I know 292 isn't supported.

degoosefish
23-10-16, 17:24
Pctv 290e does

Cheers Stanman is there anything available like DVBSKY USB Tuner I used one before worked really well but can't find them with any suppliers. Anyone got a USB DVB-C/T2 under £20 that worked??

birdman
24-10-16, 13:43
Pctv 290e doesThat may depend on which box you have, or rather which kernel it runs.
IIRC the driver only went in to kernel 3.6.16, so it isn't recognized by my MBTwin (which runs kernel 3.6.0).
In 3.6.16, at least, only the DVB-T worked, not DVB-T2. There are indications that T2 now works.
You also need to have the firmware file(s?) in place.

That refers to the 292e....which is what they all are now.

Stanman
24-10-16, 13:44
Cheers Stanman is there anything available like DVBSKY USB Tuner I used one before worked really well but can't find them with any suppliers. Anyone got a USB DVB-C/T2 under £20 that worked??
Dvbsky T330 works fine.

Sicilian
24-10-16, 14:47
Can anyone qualify what DVB-T2/T/C USB Tuners work really well with Openvix currently? anything available cheap and cheerful which will pick up T2 ??

Official VU+ USB Turbo tuner works spot on with VU+ models.