PDA

View Full Version : Power timer/deep standby explanation please

Ojustaboo
28-09-14, 22:32
Hi all, I'm trying to understand how the quad behaves in deep standby when recordings are set.

I have a power timer that puts my box into deep standby after 10 mins of being on normal standby.

What would happen in both the following situations please?

1) It's 10pm, I'm recording a program on the timer that goes from 9pm to 11pm. I put the box into standby, it goes into standby, the recording light is flashing away.

Does the power timer auto deep standby not kick in until 10 mins after the recording has finished, or will it simply stop the recording at 10:10 and I loose the end of my recording?

2) Its 10pm. I put the box into standby hence in 10 mins time the power timer will put it into deep standby. But I have a recording set up that starts at 3am. Will the box boot near to 3am then shutdown again after or will it not record at all, or will it boot up, record but stay up afterwards??

Many thanks

Joe_90
29-09-14, 00:32
1) - the recording continues until 11pm. The box stays in standby. At 11.10pm the box goes into deep standby, triggered by the power timer.

2) The recording timer will boot the box from deep standby, record the programme and immediately afterwards the recording timer should put the box back into deep standby. The power timer should not be relevant in this case.

birdman
29-09-14, 04:49
I have a power timer that puts my box into deep standby after 10 mins of being on normal standby.How have you configured that?
I'd like to do something like this, but can't see how to set a Power Timer to achieve it!

Ojustaboo
29-09-14, 06:57
How have you configured that?
I'd like to do something like this, but can't see how to set a Power Timer to achieve it!

Menu, timers, power timers

Add (green button)
Timer Type: auto deepstandby
Only active when in standby: Yes
Sleep delay: 010
Repeat type: repeated

birdman
29-09-14, 14:43
OK. I've set-up such a Power timer, with a sleep delay of 15 minutes.

I put the box into standby and wait.

Nothing happens - it just stays in standby mode. never goes to deep standby.

The PowerManager Log (where does this exist on the file-system?? - a cut&paste would be more useful) is recording a "activating state 2" event every 30 minutes (I also have an auto standby timer with a 30min delay). But that's it....

krissjas
29-09-14, 17:22
Hi all, I'm trying to understand how the quad behaves in deep standby when recordings are set.

I have a power timer that puts my box into deep standby after 10 mins of being on normal standby.

What would happen in both the following situations please?

1) It's 10pm, I'm recording a program on the timer that goes from 9pm to 11pm. I put the box into standby, it goes into standby, the recording light is flashing away.

Does the power timer auto deep standby not kick in until 10 mins after the recording has finished, or will it simply stop the recording at 10:10 and I loose the end of my recording?

2) Its 10pm. I put the box into standby hence in 10 mins time the power timer will put it into deep standby. But I have a recording set up that starts at 3am. Will the box boot near to 3am then shutdown again after or will it not record at all, or will it boot up, record but stay up afterwards??

Many thanks

Hi, can You please provide a link for that power timer? I have been trying electropower form dreambox but it does not work, in Plugins it says NO MODULE NAMED IMAGE WIZARD and Im desperate for a plugin which will put my stb into deep sleep, thanks

richardinspain
29-09-14, 18:20
Hi, can You please provide a link for that power timer? I have been trying electropower form dreambox but it does not work, in Plugins it says NO MODULE NAMED IMAGE WIZARD and Im desperate for a plugin which will put my stb into deep sleep, thanks
It's already on the image under 'Timers'

krissjas
29-09-14, 18:28
edit: found it, no worries. (cannot edit my posts???)

Ojustaboo
29-09-14, 20:16
OK. I've set-up such a Power timer, with a sleep delay of 15 minutes.

I put the box into standby and wait.

Nothing happens - it just stays in standby mode. never goes to deep standby.

The PowerManager Log (where does this exist on the file-system?? - a cut&paste would be more useful) is recording a "activating state 2" event every 30 minutes (I also have an auto standby timer with a 30min delay). But that's it....

Weird, mine is set up exactly as above and after 10 mins it goes into deep standby, here's a pic

birdman
30-09-14, 00:38
Weird, mine is set up exactly as above and after 10 mins it goes into deep standby, here's a picBut do you also have a timer running to get it into standby in the first place?
I want to have that in place so that if it's left running it goes to standby first, the to deep standby shortly afterwards if no-one has noticed (== no-one is watching).
Mind you, the timer to get it into standby seems to want to run even when I'm playing back a recording (you'd think it would check that before trying to run).

Joe_90
30-09-14, 01:43
I just put my box into standby using the power off button on the remote. The deep standby timer kicks in after 10 mins, unless the box is recording at the time. If so it waits until after the recording is finished and then goes into deep standby. It just works. Same for the MB Twin or Quad Plus.

birdman
30-09-14, 01:57
I just put my box into standby using the power off button on the remote.I'd do that as well, but here is no guarantee that anyone else in the family would.
The deep standby timer kicks in after 10 mins, unless the box is recording at the time. If so it waits until after the recording is finished and then goes into deep standby. It just works. Same for the MB Twin or Quad Plus.It looks as though having a repeat timer to put it into standby means that timer is always running, so the one to put it into deep-standby always ends up waiting. :confused:
And if I just had a single timer to go to deep-standby from any state, then it looks like it would be activated even when I'm viewing a recording, and while I do have 3 minutes ot defer it, I'd much prefer that timers didn't kick-in when a recording is being viewed. After all, if a recording is playing I'm not likely to want he box to shut-down, am I?

Joe_90
30-09-14, 13:55
I had a thought that maybe your two running timers were interfering with one another. That would seem to be the case as you say. I think that maybe severe discipline and cut-off of privileges may be the only answer in regard to the rest of your family - "put the box in standby when you're finished viewing - or else!" :D:D:D

Ojustaboo
30-09-14, 16:03
But do you also have a timer running to get it into standby in the first place?
I want to have that in place so that if it's left running it goes to standby first, the to deep standby shortly afterwards if no-one has noticed (== no-one is watching).
Mind you, the timer to get it into standby seems to want to run even when I'm playing back a recording (you'd think it would check that before trying to run).

No I have only two timers set up.

The auto one described above and one to put it onto deep standby every morning at 4:20am after my xmltv and ABM imports (xmltv import has option to wake from deep standby which is what I use to wake box up)