PDA

View Full Version : [ViX_Misc] Regarding build Apollo 032

Tony_Daly
28-09-14, 22:17
Hello Everyone.

I just got my first Enigma 2 box (Gigablue Quad Plus) a couple of days ago.
It came with Vix Apollo 032 installed.
Reading the sticky above re Apollo 032, does this mean I have to install 032 again ?

I looked under about information.
Apollo 32
Kernel 3.14.2

I pressed info under the image information.
OE Changes.
(openvix) Switch back to multi feeds.

I don't really know what this information is about as I'm very new to this so just learning as I go along.
Any advice gratefully received.

Thank you.

Regards.

abu baniaz
29-09-14, 01:02
No you dont have to re-install.

Have a read of the vix manual, it will make many things clearer.

There is a facility to make a full image backup. You can then try something, if it goes wrong, you can reflash your working image and be back to just when you made a backup. Read/ask and try again.

Tony_Daly
29-09-14, 10:33
No you dont have to re-install.

Have a read of the vix manual, it will make many things clearer.

There is a facility to make a full image backup. You can then try something, if it goes wrong, you can reflash your working image and be back to just when you made a backup. Read/ask and try again.

Thank you for the advice & information.
I have the Vix manual which I am going through slowly as I work with the receiver & image.
It was just I read the sticky about the 032 image & was wondering if I was missing out on something by not reloading the image.

Larry-G
29-09-14, 16:14
Thank you for the advice & information.
I have the Vix manual which I am going through slowly as I work with the receiver & image.
It was just I read the sticky about the 032 image & was wondering if I was missing out on something by not reloading the image.

No the advice about the mandatory reflash for build 032 only applied to those on older images, if you are already on 032 or higher you needn't worry about that.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk HD