crash logs sent quoted ref: 1411912192.06

duoduo
28-09-14, 18:48
Have you looked at a crash log??

leshay
28-09-14, 19:12
Have you looked at a crash log??

Yes, but it means little to me.

Bear with me here: I bought the box to act as a PVR, not as an exercise in debugging its operating system. All I want is a working box to do 'what it says on the tin'!

BtW: as it was asked for a similar post, I was using version 037 prior to re-flash to 040.

Stanman
28-09-14, 19:46
YOu weren't using a custom xml file like ZOOM or such like?

leshay
28-09-14, 20:07
YOu weren't using a custom xml file like ZOOM or such like?

Hi

I don't even know what they are. I didn't install anything, didn't change anything, didn't configure anything more than the initial required things like screen position, HDMI selection, language etc. Then the very first thing was as per the list in my first post.

duoduo
28-09-14, 20:25
Did you set ABM up before you scanned?

leshay
28-09-14, 20:37
Did you set ABM up before you scanned?

No, as I said in first and subsequent post, I did minimal required settings and then straight to tuners/scanning.

duoduo
28-09-14, 20:59
Yes but without adding a region/bouquet preference how are your tuners expected to know what there looking for? Add your setup for ABM and rescan please.

leshay
28-09-14, 21:21
Yes but without adding a region/bouquet preference how are your tuners expected to know what there looking for? Add your setup for ABM and rescan please.

Sorry but you are confusing me completely. I don't use ABM at all, as I set up my bouquets separately via WebIF. The tuners need setting up because after a re-flash they default to different settings to the settings I need. I need to set up one sat tuner with 2nd looped through and both terrestrial tuners to the most suitable region for me. Then I usually perform an Autoscan which gets both sat and terrestrial channels (which is where is went wrong this time). Then I just use last scanned etc to check for success and then WebIF to make bouquets to my liking.

duoduo
28-09-14, 21:30
Sorry my mistake I didn't realise that you were more experienced in this having seen you are relatively new to the forum. Just a thought have you tried to just run a scan on tuner a (not loop through) to see if the latest update is causing issues with the loop through option?

leshay
28-09-14, 21:45
Sorry my mistake I didn't realise that you were more experienced in this having seen you are relatively new to the forum. Just a thought have you tried to just run a scan on tuner a (not loop through) to see if the latest update is causing issues with the loop through option?

Yes I did do the scan on tuner A with B as loop through. Do you want me to rescan tuner A with tuner B set to non loop through? If so, I will need to wait for some recordings to end. As it happens, even though it crashed twice, it did get the sat channels and then I manually scanned terrestrial.

duoduo
28-09-14, 21:46
It's worth trying it mate to rule the loop through out.

leshay
28-09-14, 21:47

OK will do.

abu baniaz
28-09-14, 21:54
Did this crash happen before or after any editing you made?

can't open /etc/enigma2/userbouquet.LastScanned.tv: No such file or directory

leshay
28-09-14, 22:16
Did this crash happen before or after any editing you made?

can't open /etc/enigma2/userbouquet.LastScanned.tv: No such file or directory

Am I wrong in thinking that a re-flash clears out everything back to factory condition? I know that I chose not to restore settings and assumed I then had a 'virgin' condition.

I did not edit anything between re-flash and crashes happening. *If* I am wrong in the above statement, then the only 'editing' that could have been carried over, would have been the updated terrestrial.xml (from you), and any changes I made via dreamboxedit to rename some channels and delete other channels.

However, I know the terrestrial.xml was not carried over as I couldn't find the UK additions you made when I went to set up the tuners after the re-flash.

abu baniaz
28-09-14, 22:26
You are correct. If you flash an image everything on receiver's intrenal flash memory is wiped. Note that I said flash an image instead of upgrade an image.

Can you point out the steps required to reproduce the crash. You can either perform an automatic scan during First Installation Wizard (FIW) or say no, complete remaining steps then go into service searching and the perform an automatic scan.

If you can stipulate exact steps to reproduce the crash, I'd be grateful.

leshay
28-09-14, 22:30
Hi

I did not use any wizard during the initial set up after the re-flash, just answered the compulsory questions on HDMI, screen, language etc then as per the steps in my first post.

cactikid
28-09-14, 22:41
i reflashed my solo2 earlier and started from scratch and the wizard always asks questions which i say no to restore and settings and only use the wizard for checking internet then restart from scratch.

leshay
28-09-14, 22:45
i reflashed my solo2 earlier and started from scratch and the wizard always asks questions which i say no to restore and settings and only use the wizard for checking internet then restart from scratch.

Yes, that is what I did too.

cactikid
28-09-14, 23:47
silly question but will ask anyway the terrestrial xml file is in the cable section and not the sat section?
the reason tiredness we do strange things.

leshay
28-09-14, 23:54

Hi
OK, set tuner B to 'not configured' and performed a scan on tuner A. Scan completed OK and I reset tuner B to loop through to A again.

Now then, when I was typing this reply I needed to check the exact words on the tuner B that I had set (not configured) and when I cancelled out from the menu without saving, I had another crash.

crash log sent ref 1411944650.83

abu baniaz
29-09-14, 00:43
The bit where you set things up after installation is called the first install wizard.

I have flashed my receiver whicjh has a terrestrial tuner and performed an automatic scan during the FIW. It did not crash. We'll have to wait for someone with same receiver as yourself to re-enact the steps you have taken.

Ignore teh looop through comments for now. Provided your software setup matches hardware there should be no issues. Incidenatlly, when you have two tuners available only for one sat, automatic scan will only offer scanning on the one tuner.

Your last crash has nothing to do with scanning. Were you watching Xena?

leshay
29-09-14, 10:15
The bit where you set things up after installation is called the first install wizard.

I have flashed my receiver whicjh has a terrestrial tuner and performed an automatic scan during the FIW. It did not crash. We'll have to wait for someone with same receiver as yourself to re-enact the steps you have taken.

Ignore teh looop through comments for now. Provided your software setup matches hardware there should be no issues. Incidenatlly, when you have two tuners available only for one sat, automatic scan will only offer scanning on the one tuner.

Your last crash has nothing to do with scanning. Were you watching Xena?

Yes, scanning on one sat tuner is normal.

Yes, Xena was playing.

abu baniaz
29-09-14, 10:50
So how can you be watching xena through your receiver when you have just flashed it, are in the process of performing an automatic scan during the installation process?

Need to be able to recreate your issue to be able to have a chance of resolving it. Re-installed image about 4 times trying to track your issue down.

I'll await a step by step guide to reproduce issue before looking into this again.

leshay
29-09-14, 11:31
Hi

Sorry for the confusion. I had 2 crashes while scanning, and 1 crash later on while responding to a reply on this forum. These were separate issues. The last crash happened when I used the Menu tree to see what an option I had used was labelled as ('not configured') so I could reply accurately. This crash happened when I tried to exit from the Menu, back to the currently playing programme (Xena). So, the crashes were distinct from each other.

The steps I took for the first 2 crashes are posted above.