PDA

View Full Version : sundtek usb tuner

tom3900
28-09-14, 14:07
HI will a sundtek usb tuner in DVB C will ths work on HD channels thanks:confused:

OldSkulRide
28-09-14, 14:42
Yes it will

Peterj
28-09-14, 16:22
Yes, It works perfectly.

tom3900
28-09-14, 16:49
HI thanks for the reply Is the a guide on how to install it on this forum :confused:

Peterj
28-09-14, 18:55
Install the Sundtek Control Center plug-in.
It is in the feed of VIX.
Open the SCC plug-in.
Show 'configuration support'.
Set autostart to Yes.
Set DVB transmission way to DVB-C.
Press Green to set up. Drivers will be installed.
After installing the drivers press Blue, start tuner.

Note: After a reflash you always must install drivers again. It is not backup-ed.

tom3900
29-09-14, 16:18
i have ordered sundtek from sponser do you have to use mgcamd and mc-cfg file with cable:confused:

Peterj
29-09-14, 16:56
i have ordered sundtek from sponser do you have to use mgcamd and mc-cfg file with cable:confused:
That depends on your provider. There are providers where FTA channels are not encrypted.
When you have the correct CAM and put your card into the CAM, you also can watch channels.
Another option is put you card into the normal card reader and use a soft CAM.
It's the same as DVB-S or DVB-T.

tom3900
01-10-14, 18:23
Install the Sundtek Control Center plug-in.
It is in the feed of vix
HI i am a new comer to this box and as such will someone tell me were i can find Sundtek Control Center plug-in.
It is in the feed of VIX.

pac2000
01-10-14, 18:52
Menu, Plugins, Green Button(Download Plugins), And It's In Extensions...

smo0th75
01-10-14, 19:25
Do u plug this device in to the solo 2 and do u need cable installed to get HD

ccs
17-12-15, 18:22
Same question as the original poser, really.

The description suggests to me that a powerful box is needed to control HD TV and in particular, recordings.

HDTV Ready
For HDTV either a fast CPU (>3 GHz) without a graphiccard which can do MPEG decoding,
or starting with Intel ATOM bundled with an NVidia Graphiccard is required (eg. NVidia ION Systems are well supported).

I've an ET10K with DVB-T2 tuners.

If there are potential performance issues, could I configure the usb tuner to only use DVB-T, or mark it as "only use if nothing else is available".

abu baniaz
17-12-15, 18:30
That description is for PCs, not STBs. Many people using Sundtek tuners with out a problem.

You cannot assign a service to a tuner. You can prefer tuners though.

ccs
17-12-15, 18:35
That description is for PCs, not STBs. Many people using Sundtek tuners with out a problem.

You cannot assign a service to a tuner. You can prefer tuners though.

Does this mean you can prefer 3 tuners, or is it tuner type, or is it just one tuner?

Stanman
17-12-15, 18:36
One preferred and can select another for recording.
Setting gs are in the customise menu

DaMacFunkin
17-12-15, 19:34
You will have no performance problems using the Sundtek USB DVB-C/T2 tuner so long as it is plugged directly into the receiver, its performance is solid.

ccs
17-12-15, 19:46
You will have no performance problems using the Sundtek USB DVB-C/T2 tuner so long as it is plugged directly into the receiver, its performance is solid.By "directly", do you mean don't use the (handy) cable it comes with, or maybe don't use a hub?

sundtek
20-12-15, 12:02
The tuner needs around 200-220mA for DVB-C. DVB-T/T2 will need a little bit more.
A USB port is allowed to draw 500mA (according to the official USB 2.0 Spec, real implementations might vary eg. Apple allows 1000mA on their USB ports, PC systems usually also allow more)
If you also add a passive USB hub (without ac adapter) you might run over the official spec.

DaMacFunkin
20-12-15, 14:01
Yes has Markus said (Sundtek) using a hub might cause problems, that is what I meant.

imish
21-09-16, 17:41
Are these the most stable USB Tuners on the market for cable even today?

Do they just work with all channels inc FTA?

I notice they are out of stock with WOS - @Wos - when are these expected?