PDA

View Full Version : optical and coax ?

BRAVEHEART
24-11-10, 22:38
doesnt the duo have either audio or audio coax output ? if not thats put crap man :(

Larry-G
24-11-10, 22:41
surely if you have the receiver you can read the box to find out ?. and seriously dude if your so down on the receiver just sell the flaming thing and put us all out of our misery.

silverfox0786
24-11-10, 22:41
why would a HD system have a coaxial analouge audio output or connector ???

Edit: great minds pheonix sponatanious posting

Hamram
24-11-10, 22:57
If you really need either analog audio or S/PDIF coax output, I guess that both is possible, but maybe it will cost you a few... It is usually no problem to get audio out through the scart, using the correct cable. Is the regular L + R connections close by the S/PDIF out of order..? It is also quite easy to find an optical/coax converter for the SPDIF.

bob1
24-11-10, 23:32
It has optical ,analogue and hdmi audio output.

BRAVEHEART
29-11-10, 02:02
surely if you have the receiver you can read the box to find out ?. and seriously dude if your so down on the receiver just sell the flaming thing and put us all out of our misery.

hey wait a minute mate, i was under pressure to get this thing out the box, all plugged in and everything before the returns period ended, i had someone die in my family, i had to go funeral, i had to do lots, so give me a break mate please, i litrally had to pull the box out and plug it in and try, by that time the paperwork and box was whipped away from me with the wife and stuck in a cupboard, i didnt have time to read any box or nuffin, i didnt even notice the optical audio port at the back either as while i was wiring it up i was taking instructuctions on the phone at the same time trying to get the channels sorted, so yes, i missed it completley, i didnt know it had optical, i do now though, so please get off my back, and remember i am a total satalite noob, please try and be a little more polight in future, i'm sure a few people would agree, eh ???

and the people who all clapped thier hands and says thanks to your post i think they should withdraw thier support as that was a bit uncalled for under the circumstances. !!!

BRAVEHEART
29-11-10, 02:05
It has optical ,analogue and hdmi audio output.

thanks very much mate, i now see the optical port and its hooked to my sound system, and it even does dolby II too, woooohooooo, :):):), thanks mate.

BRAVEHEART
29-11-10, 02:09
why would a HD system have a coaxial analouge audio output or connector ???

Edit: great minds pheonix sponatanious posting

and would you get off my back for the same reason i'm just after saying to pheonix about, ffs man !

fulabeer
29-11-10, 08:14
I would hardly say they were on your back.
You came on asking a question that was very easy to find out by your self.
People on here don't mind helping Noobs like us, but they do at least expect us to do some "basic" work for ourselves.

Your post came across as a little abrupt and negative, when in fact it was down to your own lack of basic research.
The people who replied weren't privy to your (sad) personal situation, so could not allow for this in their response(s).

I understand if you don't see it, but they are good people who are very helpful.

I think the best way forward if everybody agrees this thread wants locking or deleting as it now serves no purpose. (and you have your answer etc)