PDA

View Full Version : Please recommend a box - want to buy today!

intrigue
26-09-14, 08:24
Hi,

Please could someone give me a recommendation on a decent twin tuner sat box? I have a cloud ibox 2 plus but want something genuine with proper VIX image support.

Was looking at used Duo's as new ones were a bit of a push for me at the moment (although they aren't 100% ruled out) but want your recommendations on other boxes. I just want the box to run smoothly, be simple to use in terms of recordings for the wife and have decent support and plenty of nice plugins to mess with. I'm not *seriously* into messing about with the box! Just basic top level tweaking if that makes sense!

Ideally looking to spend £150 with top range of £200 I suppose. Have seen used Duo's for 150 on ebay with hdd but they are usually a couple years old and not sure if it's a gamble buying and older box?

Looking to buy today if anyone could advise?

Thanks in advance

docsavage
26-09-14, 08:33
I got a used vu duo off ebay for £140..make sure you do you homework thou because you don't want to end up buying a clone.

intrigue
26-09-14, 09:08
I got a used vu duo off ebay for £140..make sure you do you homework thou because you don't want to end up buying a clone.

Will be doing my best not to buy one!

Is a vu duo much better than say a technomate 2t (nano or super) or something?

Osamo1956
26-09-14, 09:48
Yep, the trust Duo is the way to go.
As Docsavage says, beware of clone boxes. I'd recommend looking in this forum's 'for sale' section. Less likely to ne sold a kipper.

intrigue
26-09-14, 09:53
Yep, the trust Duo is the way to go.
As Docsavage says, beware of clone boxes. I'd recommend looking in this forum's 'for sale' section. Less likely to ne sold a kipper.

Have done....nobody yet :(

docsavage
26-09-14, 09:58
Clones are that good nowadays you virtually have to open the box to check the board :)

judge
26-09-14, 09:59
Is a vu duo much better than say a technomate 2t (nano or super) or something?
No. VU Duo is a great box but a bit dated now.
I'd be looking at newer generation boxes, such as the 2T Super above the Duo if that's your budget.

intrigue
26-09-14, 10:04
Really? That's good news. Will there still be decent support from the vix team with this and plenty of plugins? I had considered a super in the early days. Interesting!

intrigue
26-09-14, 10:07
Doesn't appear to be much on here about them that's all! Whereas other sub forums seem a bit more active!

intrigue
26-09-14, 10:09
In fact can't find any images on here for the nano 2t super!

Ignore me. Found them, just not where I thought they were haha.

docsavage
26-09-14, 10:13
Vu solo2's go for £180 on ebay.. 2T super? is that a technomate? My last TM TWIN OE was a pain, Ethernet stopped working and the support wasn't very good, I wouldn't get another technomate. :(

judge
26-09-14, 10:20
Vu solo2's go for £180 on ebay.. 2T super? is that a technomate? (
I'd prefer a Solo2 over the 2T Super but I'd also be wary buying any Solo2 on ebay, flooded with clones.
Atleast with this budget, you know the TM isn't a clone & they are getting better with every new release.
Both VU & TM have their own driver issues.

intrigue
26-09-14, 10:25
For my basic use then, the 2t super would be best price wise. I just want it to be supported, have decent plugin selection, and not to crash a load.

Andy_Hazza
26-09-14, 10:33
Vu solo2's go for £180 on ebay.. 2T super? is that a technomate? My last TM TWIN OE was a pain, Ethernet stopped working and the support wasn't very good, I wouldn't get another technomate. :(

Solo2 for £180 on eBay!?! Most defo a clone!!!! AVOID. With your budget I would go with the 2T Super.

intrigue
26-09-14, 13:06
Bought a 2t super. Will have it in the morning so hopefully it's decent! :D

docsavage
27-09-14, 09:06
Solo2 for £180 on eBay!?! Most defo a clone!!!! AVOID. With your budget I would go with the 2T Super.

I think I may have been unclear in my last post. I meant a second hand one.