PDA

View Full Version : Help Please With / The Archive Is Either In Unknown Format Or Damaged ?

tinbin300
25-09-14, 21:56
Every time I try and download a ipk file or or any enigma 2 plugin I get this message,The Archive Is Either In Unknown Format Or Damaged .I am using winrar and I am using windows 7 and google chrome ,and the files will not download properly in internet explorer either.And when I have tried a ipk file on the vu2 I get this message.

installing
Execution Progress
/bin / : syntax error;
unexpected ;{;
Execution Finished !!

Larry-G
25-09-14, 23:27
If you are trying to extract the .ipk file for what ever reason, use 7-zip.

tinbin300
26-09-14, 08:50
No I was trying to download it ,and then ftp to tmp folder and then ,press blue button on vix.

tinbin300
26-09-14, 08:54
And when I press the blue button its ready to install extension ,I get this message.

installing
Execution Progress
/bin / : syntax error;
unexpected ;{;
Execution Finished !!

judge
26-09-14, 09:02
What's the exact name including the extension of the plugin you're trying to install?

tinbin300
26-09-14, 09:53
enigma2-plugin-cams-mgcamd-1.38c_openvix

Execution Progress:
collected errors
wf open:ipk:No such file or directory
Pkg _ init_from_file_Failed to extract control file from .ipk.
Execution Finished

Larry-G
26-09-14, 09:58
why are you using that when you can get known working cams directly from the plugin server and www.openvix.co.uk (minus config files of course)>

judge
26-09-14, 10:05
What's the exact name including the extension of the plugin you're trying to install?

enigma2-plugin-cams-mgcamd-1.38c_openvix
No etension? are you sure the plugin name doesn't include something like (1).ipk?
Anyway, I'd do as pheonix suggests & install cams from the plugin feeds.

tinbin300
26-09-14, 10:14
I have tried downloading from the site,and I still get this problem .
This is the file enigma2-plugin-cams-mgcamd.1.35a_1.0-r3_mipsel.ipk
and still get this
enigma2_plugin_cams_
mgcamd.1.35a_10_r
3_mipsel [12] ipk
The archive is either in unknown format or damaged

Larry-G
26-09-14, 12:22
Download it directly from the image feeds, and which exact ViX image (including build number) are you using ??.

tinbin300
26-09-14, 13:27
I have tried downloading from www.openvix.co.uk ViX-Softcams mgcamd.1.35a_1.0-r3_mipsel.ipk ,and it keeps coming up with that error when trying to download it.

Larry-G
26-09-14, 13:47
I have tried downloading from www.openvix.co.uk (http://www.openvix.co.uk) ViX-Softcams mgcamd.1.35a_1.0-r3_mipsel.ipk ,and it keeps coming up with that error when trying to download it.

Try via the plugin feeds.

Menu> Plugins>

And again which exact ViX image are you using including the Build number ?.

tinbin300
26-09-14, 16:00
Its Virtuosso Image Xtreme By Team Vix Version Apollo Build o.30 Kernal 3.3.5 I hope that helps Pheonix

Would something like Uniblue Powersuite the ultimate maintenance for the pc, could that fix the problem with the computer.The Vu+duo 2 was bought from the sponsors of this site.

tinbin300
27-09-14, 09:23
Good news , I have mgcamd 1.35 working now on the vu+duo2 as of this morning .I new I had a usb stick some where with a few cams I had downloaded a year or so a go,I found it this morning and the computer didnt come up an error and I was able to ftp it to the box.And with in five minuets of finding the usb stick ,I had the box working .I new I was doing all the right things in ftp-ing the cam to the box just that the computer wouldn't let me do it without putting an error in its way.How do you keep the cam working all the time please without having to restart the cam every time you switch the box back on again ,I hope that makes sense . :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Andy_Hazza
27-09-14, 09:37
Hi,

Press blue button,softcam manager and blue button to enable on startup. :thumbsup:

tinbin300
27-09-14, 10:39
Fantastic thank you Andy ,and thank you to every one that has helped me.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: