PDA

View Full Version : Wireless USB Wifi Dongle

adcad
22-09-14, 09:03
hi everyone

After reading a thread on here with a list of compatible wifi dongles (cant find the thread now grr) I purchased a EDIMAX EW-7722UTN V2.
I'm having difficulty getting it to work I have tried all of the drivers on the feeds but cant see how to change it from lan to wlan i have looked in network/adapter settings?
and does it only display that after you install correct drivers?
Any help? thanks Ad

Oh i forgot to add im on latest image

nipperlocko
23-09-14, 15:56
from what I remember on this subject it was all trial and error, I began by downloading the first driver on the list and then plugged in my realtek wifi dongle and went to network settings and nothing, I then deleted this driver and tried the next one and so on, eventually the correct driver was installed and when I went to the network section it gave me the option of wireless lan sett up hope this helps

adcad
23-09-14, 16:47
from what I remember on this subject it was all trial and error, I began by downloading the first driver on the list and then plugged in my realtek wifi dongle and went to network settings and nothing, I then deleted this driver and tried the next one and so on, eventually the correct driver was installed and when I went to the network section it gave me the option of wireless lan sett up hope this helps

I have tried that already but i suppose i could give it another go :confused:

Sicilian
23-09-14, 17:31
Pretty sure is the 8192 drivers, uninstall all other drivers > Reboot > Install 8192 drivers > Connect USB dongle > Reboot > You should then see it listed in Menu > Setup > System > Network > Adapters

adcad
24-09-14, 10:11
Pretty sure is the 8192 drivers, uninstall all other drivers > Reboot > Install 8192 drivers > Connect USB dongle > Reboot > You should then see it listed in Menu > Setup > System > Network > Adapters

Your right RTL8192cu driver did the trick not sure why it didn't work the first time but its working now thanks :thumbsup:

nuno73
09-05-15, 12:40
Hi guys just wonder where do I uninstall the drivers which menu, thanks:)

ahmad_mostafa
11-05-15, 01:31
i am using TP-LINK USB Adapter TL-WN722N .... image openpli-enigma2-3.0-tmnanooe-linux-kernel-3.9.7-11042015-usb .... usb adabter didn't work .... anyone can help me to solve this problem ?