PDA

View Full Version : Gigablue Satellite & channel setting question ?

Tony_Daly
21-09-14, 20:10
Hello Everyone.

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this question so bear with me please.

Is there any way to take the setting from a TM non linux receiver and using some editing program use them in a Gigablue Quad + Plus receiver.
The reason I ask is that I have all my satellites & channels set up in a TM receiver & I don't want to go through the whole process again if I get a Gigablue Quas Plus.

Thank you for your patience.

Andy_Hazza
21-09-14, 20:16
ViX has a great built in channel maker called ABM (AutoBouquetsMaker). As regards your question, I'm sure someone with more knowledge will be able to help you. :thumbsup:

Stanman
21-09-14, 22:09
Use dreambox edit to get the settings from the TM and will be able to transfer to the GB. Make sure you select E2 as the box. Will need to specify folder location otherwise you will have dozen of files

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Tony_Daly
21-09-14, 22:56
Thank you for the information.
I have not used Dreambox edit before so I obviously have a lot of study to do before I venture further.
Hope my old brain is up to it :confused:
I've seen Youtube videos on dreambox edit but they're all in German.

Silent
22-09-14, 09:01
If you know which files they are you can also just grab them from FTP /etc/enigma2

Tony_Daly
22-09-14, 10:19
If you know which files they are you can also just grab them from FTP /etc/enigma2

I don't really.
I was just hoping there was an easy way to use the settings from my TM in an enigma 2 machine.

Stanman
22-09-14, 13:50
There is a tut in my signature on how to use DBE. It's easy and straight forward.

Tony_Daly
22-09-14, 15:19
There is a tut in my signature on how to use DBE. It's easy and straight forward.

Thanks for that. I've printed the tutorials out & will read them later.
Gigablue Quad+ Plus ordered.
Hopefully will be here tomorrow.

Stanman
22-09-14, 15:23
If I was you and can change it, look at the Duo2 or LX3.

Tony_Daly
22-09-14, 17:08
If I was you and can change it, look at the Duo2 or LX3.

I wanted 2 x S2 tuners & 1 x T tuner built in & with Gigablue I got that lot for Euro €345 inc.
The LX3 just didn't do it for me & with the Vu Duo2 it would have been around Euro €530 +.
I know the Vu is probably a fabulous receiver but I couldn't really justify the extra cost.
If money was no object then yes.
Looking forward to it & I know I won't go far wrong around here.

Tony_Daly
25-09-14, 23:19
Well the receiver came yesterday & I started using it tonight.
Sharp learning curve but I'm taking it easy as there's no rush.
I find the VIX manual a godsend.

Tried DBE & Dreamset.
Got both working without much bother.

Will do a bit more over the weekend if I get a chance.

hans59
15-01-15, 06:12
And Dreamboxedit is just so easy for that what you want......although it's in German