PDA

View Full Version : Is this forum only for satellite?

Bob_Swede
21-09-14, 18:56
I am new to this forum, was directed here via a response to a question I posed on the forum.toppy.org.uk site where I asked about GigaBlue and Miraclebox units.
I am a Terrestrial TV user, so the equipment I need must use DVBT2 receivers.

But the title on this forum reads "world of satellite" which indicates that terrestrial equipment is not handled here.
Is this the case?
If so I have to leave right away....

Another question:
How can I get rid of the constant up/down jumping of the window here? It seems like an automatic system is entering text on the top of the page which is either 2 or 4 lines and the page jumps up/down in response to this. Very hard to actually hit the correct button when registering and posting....

Stanman
21-09-14, 19:07
No we support terrestrial as well - anything within forum rules.

No idea about the jumping, using chrome here and no peculiar behaviour.

Larry-G
21-09-14, 19:19
I am new to this forum, was directed here via a response to a question I posed on the forum.toppy.org.uk site where I asked about GigaBlue and Miraclebox units.
I am a Terrestrial TV user, so the equipment I need must use DVBT2 receivers.

But the title on this forum reads "world of satellite" which indicates that terrestrial equipment is not handled here.
Is this the case?
If so I have to leave right away....

Another question:
How can I get rid of the constant up/down jumping of the window here? It seems like an automatic system is entering text on the top of the page which is either 2 or 4 lines and the page jumps up/down in response to this. Very hard to actually hit the correct button when registering and posting....

No we cover a wide range of technological topics, from satellite tv to mobile phones as long as its legal and in no way offensive were fine. as for the jumping web pages do you have adblock plus installed ?.

Bob_Swede
21-09-14, 20:31
No we cover a wide range of technological topics, from satellite tv to mobile phones as long as its legal and in no way offensive were fine.

OK, then I will post a thread with the proper subject about these units. :)

as for the jumping web pages do you have adblock plus installed ?.
I am using FireFox with Adblock Edge (had to get rid of AdblockPlus because it stopped working after a recent update).
But how could that affect anything?

It seems like a number of different systems are listed one per line in a circulating pattern.
This is located just below the forum logo and address to the subforum now visited.

I have seen these:

GIGABLUE
SHOP

Miraclebox
Premium
Mini
HD

Miraclebox
Premium
Twin
HD

TECHNOMATE
TM-NANO
SUPER

TECHNOMATE
TM-NANO 2T

TECHNOMATE
TM-NANO OE

GI-XPEED
LX3

VU+
Solo2

VU+
DUO

Every time the display changes from 2 to 4 lines or back again the edit box and other things on the page jumps up or down.
Very annoying, I have not seen this on any other forum I frequently visit...

EDIT:
And I had to click three times at the submit button before the text was posted.
The button just jumped away in the last fraction of a second the first two time!!!

cactikid
21-09-14, 20:39
i am on firefox and use adblock and no issues,i wonder is it picking up sponsors scrooling banner across top of page.:confused:

Bob_Swede
21-09-14, 20:45
No, it is 5 lines below the sponsors banner

Bob_Swede
21-09-14, 20:53
This is how three of them look like. Every time the line numbers change the part below moves up/down.

chaser
21-09-14, 22:06
Does sound like an adblock issue. Should look something like this:

The picture changes every few seconds.