PDA

View Full Version : Stv hd manual tune

BRAVEHEART
24-11-10, 20:21
can someone PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE tell me very quickly how to tune in STV HD manually on the duo, please please please, desperate here

bob1
24-11-10, 20:34
Go into menu and find tuner setup, you then need manual scan ,select 28e single transponder make sure you select dvb-s2 , you need 10936 ,vertical, 22000 ,5/6 ,it should find it ,if not i told you something wrong as i'm not sat at the duo and i'm going from memory.

Alanp
24-11-10, 20:40
The games is on ITV HD aswell

satmanbasil
25-11-10, 23:26
Hi mate

ok the details bob1 posted are correct what he didnt mention is that unless ur sky card is for scottish user the channel id will not show as STVHD but as 3855 in the channel list however if you have dreamset then simply change the name to STVHD and check the boxes under flags to lock and untouched by std. This stops the epg from changing the name back to 3855 and places it in the a-z channel listings under S (STVHD)

regards
satmanbasil

Stanman
26-11-10, 21:04
go to your channel and press red for ALL and its channel no 3855 for HD & 1769 - 71 for SD version in the left hand side.

BRAVEHEART
29-11-10, 01:40
Go into menu and find tuner setup, you then need manual scan ,select 28e single transponder make sure you select dvb-s2 , you need 10936 ,vertical, 22000 ,5/6 ,it should find it ,if not i told you something wrong as i'm not sat at the duo and i'm going from memory.

i dont see where it says vertical and i dont see where i should put in 10936 vertical, i dont see that part ?

then wheres the 22000 go ? and the 5/6 ?

rememember this is the first proper sat box ive ever had man, lol, and where will it place the channel when it is eventually worked out and found ?

please :)

thanks all you guys so far.

bob1
29-11-10, 08:17
If someone else doesn't post it i will later, i need to be sat in front of the tv really.

BRAVEHEART
03-12-10, 03:10
If someone else doesn't post it i will later, i need to be sat in front of the tv really.

thanks bob, you seem to be the only person willing to help anyway, lol, specially when its my very first sat box, thanks man :)

bob1
03-12-10, 08:21
I would recommend a full scan of 28e , you need, setup->service searching->manual scan, set it up like in the screen shot and let it do the complete scan.
When its done look for 3855 in the channel list, this won't be in your bouquets, open up a bouquet and press green and this will bring up a list of satellites ,find 28e services, it will now bring up the list of channels on 28e go to 3855 and press menu ,it will give you the option to add to a bouquet ,just select which bouquet you want it in.
If you want to move the listing go into the bouquet its in highlight it and press menu ,you will now have a few options, select enable move mode, you can now move your channels around by selecting them, press the ok button and use the up/down buttons to move it around, press ok again to leave the channel in its desired location ,press exit to leave move mode.

Hope that helps.

BRAVEHEART
03-12-10, 09:00
I would recommend a full scan of 28e , you need, setup->service searching->manual scan, set it up like in the screen shot and let it do the complete scan.
When its done look for 3855 in the channel list, this won't be in your bouquets, open up a bouquet and press green and this will bring up a list of satellites ,find 28e services, it will now bring up the list of channels on 28e go to 3855 and press menu ,it will give you the option to add to a bouquet ,just select which bouquet you want it in.
If you want to move the listing go into the bouquet its in highlight it and press menu ,you will now have a few options, select enable move mode, you can now move your channels around by selecting them, press the ok button and use the up/down buttons to move it around, press ok again to leave the channel in its desired location ,press exit to leave move mode.

Hope that helps.

and thats STV HD YEA ? thanks very much mate.

bob1
03-12-10, 18:22
Yes channel 3855 is stv hd.

BRAVEHEART
04-12-10, 03:22
Yes channel 3855 is stv hd.

cool mate, ive been busy so i will try it tomorrow, thanks very much for your support :)

BRAVEHEART
04-12-10, 03:26
tell me this though, does STV HD always have the STV HD logo even during the night when they just show old programmes from 1970, lol ??? just incase i'm on the right thing but its not saying STV HD, only chance i get to do anything is early hours when shes in bed as she watchs the tv all night, so if it didnt say STV HD i wouldnt know if i was on the correct channel, know what i mean ?

silverfox0786
04-12-10, 03:28
no it does not as it is not on now

the epg from 2 am to 5.30am is The Nightshift

BRAVEHEART
04-12-10, 03:34
no it does not as it is not on now

the epg from 2 am to 5.30am is The Nightshift

so it doesnt say STV HD between 2 and 5.30am then, i see,.

in that case then i might already have the channel but never checked until like 3am, know what am sayin ?

silverfox0786
04-12-10, 03:47
if your watching the nightshift right now then you got it

BRAVEHEART
04-12-10, 04:02
if your watching the nightshift right now then you got it

ive got 3855 and nightshit is on, but there is defo no STV HD logo showing up on the screen in the usual top left or right ? and you can tell a mile away its standard definition.

silverfox0786
04-12-10, 04:04
its hdtv you got mate look at the info bar and it should show the hd logo darkend to indicate you are viewing HD

sdtv sd is also showing the nightshift so look on the info bar

trust me i have switched to sdtv hd as i'm posting this

edit:

also note the freg for hd is 10935
and 10906 for all 3 sd channels

BRAVEHEART
04-12-10, 05:32
yes i noticed the Black HD logo on the info bar, so i guess its hd, yipeeeee, lol, just need to follow the guide of how to get it in a boquet, lol. thanks man. (is it just one stv HD for the whole of scotland, so i dont need to go looking for my region which is glasgow ?)

another thing thing, see that rangers game the other night, i couldnt get that on HD, yet guys were saying it was on ITV HD, were they just bullshittin or what cause it certainly wasnt in HD on that channel, was it maybe only broadcast in standard definition ? the euro game i mean.

silverfox0786
04-12-10, 10:15
glad you got HD sorted. yes its 3 stv sd and only 1 stv hd

did'nt watch the rangers game so i couldn't say but as a rule with only small variations ITV HD and STV HD are pretty much the same