PDA

View Full Version : vu solo2 streaming problem

joysleep1
21-09-14, 16:21
Hi
Sorry if i made this thread in the wrong section but i need some help here
I have the Vu solo2, and i just upgraded to the latest vix (appollo 037). I did this because i wanted to set up my transcoding feature which i coudnt do on my old vix image 3.0 (796). I have sorted out my transcoding feature but i seem to have a problem when im streaming from the VU app. I can only stream if the box is on that channel at that time, otherwise i just get a blank screen. So if some1 is watching sky sports 1 and i want to stream sky sports 2 on my tablet, it doesnt work. Unless i set one of the channels to record and then it works. I do not understand why this is the case, i have a twin tuner and so my tablet should be able to watch a separate channel from what the box is watching.
Does any1 have any solutions?

joysleep1
21-09-14, 16:26
Just something else i found, i can stream a non-encrypted channel fine but not an encypted one,
Could this be my softcam manager?

DaMacFunkin
21-09-14, 18:04
Upgrade to cccam 2.3.0 I believe.

joysleep1
21-09-14, 22:24
yes i am on that current ccam. I still cannot stream another channel from whtever channel my box is on

Trial
22-09-14, 08:03
Hi,
do you also have 2 separate cable for your 2 tuner? Have you configured the VU App that you have a box with more then 1 tuner?

ciao

chaser
22-09-14, 08:31
Not sure which app you're using on your tablet for streaming, but Blackbox Pro has an option to change Zap Mode to Multituner. This allows you to watch one channel on your TV and stream another to your iTablet / iPhone.

joysleep1
22-09-14, 14:04
Yes i have definetley ticked multi tuner. I mean it was working fine when i was on openvix 796 and openvix zues. I could stream with my phone while my box was on standy mode. Now i have to make sure the box is on that corrrect channel and then it would work. Or i have to make sure that the channel i want to stream is being recorded.
It is very strange because Im using the latest apollo and i seem to be using the multi twin feature. Its just that i may want to watch sky sports 1 for example on my tv and stream sky sports 2 on my phone or tablet, but for some reason i get a blank screen on my phone or tablet.
But it worked fine for the previos images. All my settings are correct

judge
22-09-14, 14:06
Anyone else streaming from the box?

chaser
22-09-14, 19:03
Which streaming app are you using? I'm running Blackbox Pro 2.9.0 and it's working fine with a Duo2 on Vix Apollo 37.

I've also just downloaded the free VU+ Player app (V1.4) and it also seems to work fine - although this is quite an old app, and I'm not sure if it works with the transcoding. I seem to get some skipping on HD channels.

*Update - just noticed there is also a free VU+ PlayerHD app (v1.1.1) which supports transcoding and the newer VU+ boxes. I've also downloaded this app, and it seems to work ok with my Duo2. I did have to switch the 'No zap before streaming / Multi-tuner' to on (darker grey) before it would work without switching the TV channel at the same time, though.

joysleep1
23-09-14, 19:07
Which streaming app are you using? I'm running Blackbox Pro 2.9.0 and it's working fine with a Duo2 on Vix Apollo 37.

I've also just downloaded the free VU+ Player app (V1.4) and it also seems to work fine - although this is quite an old app, and I'm not sure if it works with the transcoding. I seem to get some skipping on HD channels.

*Update - just noticed there is also a free VU+ PlayerHD app (v1.1.1) which supports transcoding and the newer VU+ boxes. I've also downloaded this app, and it seems to work ok with my Duo2. I did have to switch the 'No zap before streaming / Multi-tuner' to on (darker grey) before it would work without switching the TV channel at the same time, though.

Hi

Ok this may be a bit confusing. I am trying to steam using the Vu+ player app. When i was on the old openvix 796. I was able to stream any channel from the wifi regardless what my box is doing. Even if it was in Standby mode, it can still stream fine. I am talking about streaming from the app, not transcoding. Now, i have upgraded to the latest appollo (037) because transcoding was not working on the old openvix firmware. Now the problem is that when i try to stream using the app i get a blank screen. Unless the box is on that current channel or that the channel i want to stream is being recorded. Also, it is only for an encypted channel too. On the old openvix, i can stream regardless what channel my box was on.

Does that make more sense.
Any suggestions will be appreciated .
Thanks

joysleep1
27-09-14, 01:21
if any1 has an android and is on appolo image, can you just check if your're streaming function works. The rec icon should pop up on the box when you start to stream but it is not working for me. It worked on the old images.
Any1??

ghostivv
28-09-14, 19:11
what's your tuner configuration are like (menu -> setup -> service searching -> tuner configuration). Tuner B should be "Equal to Tuner A". I'm using dreamdroid on phone + tablet.

grahammcm1888
28-09-14, 19:40
I have the same issue with a Duo2 (see my post) are you having the same issue with PIP?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jools2001
01-10-14, 21:41
@ Joysleep1

Ive now got exactly the same problem, all worked fine on previous images before Apollo,

Thought it was me, going mad!!!

Hopefully the team can fix it again in the next update?

satcat
02-10-14, 11:20
same here on build 41 on a solo2,, go to web info,, click on right tele,, nothing shows on PC, but it shows as recording on the solo2 box.. any ideas please, cheers satcat

joysleep1
05-10-14, 18:29
well i just updated again to the next appllo image and i still cant stream unless i zap to the channel first.
I do not understand why it is not working. I have the old helios file that i can revert to but transcoding does not work well on it.
What do i do?

jools2001
06-10-14, 10:55
Upgraded last night to latest Apollo 042, hoping it would fix this problem,

but im afraid it hasn't! :confused:

Has anyone reported this as a bug to the vix team or team on here,
as i don't want to report it, if it's already been reported?

jools2001
06-10-14, 12:17
should say Latest Apollo 43, not 42!

Donkeyface
07-10-14, 10:39
I'm using a Gigablue Quad+ and having issues with transcoding but normal streaming is ok!.
I'm running the latest image 043 and hasn't worked since 037, i have tried via LAN and WAN but no video with VLC.
Not sure if its exactly the same issue but could be related!
AI have attached Pics of VLC and as you can see the Transcoded stream showing in VLC so its not a config error!

grahammcm1888
07-10-14, 11:41
What version of CCcam are you running. I had the very same issue with an older version. When I upgraded to Cccam 2.3.0 that fixed my problem.

jools2001
07-10-14, 13:55
Upgraded to latest Apollo 44 this morning,
and the problem with streaming 1 channel (tuner b ), whilst watching another channel (tuner A)
has been fixed!

Cheers for the Vix team for sorting that out,and also the EPG issue

:)

joysleep1
07-10-14, 13:57
If you are talking about the streaming problem then i am using 2.3.0 i think. Ill check when i get home. btw, i did not know gigablue quad supports transcoding feature

jools2001
07-10-14, 15:06
If you are talking about the streaming problem then i am using 2.3.0 i think. Ill check when i get home. btw, i did not know gigablue quad supports transcoding feature

Iv'e also put 2.3.0 Cccam on at the same time as upgrade, although it used to work with lower number Cccam........

im using Vuo Duo 2 btw..............

grahammcm1888
07-10-14, 15:16
Would be interested if transcoding worked with a lower version of CCcam with v44. Although I suspect you will not be changing (neither will I) to a lower version as a test :p
Why change if it is working !

joysleep1
07-10-14, 16:03
so jools, is it working for you now. Can you stream another channel while youre box is in standby mode?

joysleep1
07-10-14, 16:10
Where is apollo 44? I only have 41

joysleep1
07-10-14, 16:14
the latest apollo is 43. How have you got 44?

Larry-G
07-10-14, 16:14
Where is apollo 44? I only have 41

Build 044 should be available via www.openvix.co.uk. You can make a settings backup then flash build 045 with the image manager and restore your backup made with 041. I also believe that build 045 is being uploaded rite now to the server.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk HD

joysleep1
07-10-14, 16:18
i have clicked onto the website, only 43 shows up as the latest build. How have people managed to get 44 if it isnt available?

Larry-G
07-10-14, 16:25
i have clicked onto the website, only 43 shows up as the latest build. How have people managed to get 44 if it isnt available?

As soon as a image is built it is available via the online update method, regardless of wether it has been uploaded to the OpenViX download site. I'm at work rite now so don't know exactly which is the latest available image but you can find out by using the online update method (make a full image backup first though just in case).

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk HD

joysleep1
07-10-14, 16:26
ok thanks pheonix. I will try that when i get home

jools2001
07-10-14, 18:44
Would be interested if transcoding worked with a lower version of CCcam with v44. Although I suspect you will not be changing (neither will I) to a lower version as a test :p
Why change if it is working !

It stopped working when i had to upgrade to the new Apollo,roughly couple weeks or so ago?
everthing was fine old previous images before Apollo, just glad its all ok now! :D

jools2001
07-10-14, 18:48
so jools, is it working for you now. Can you stream another channel while youre box is in standby mode?

Can't test that m8, as kids have taken over the box for now! lol

just know it works if the kids are watching tv on tuner A, sly feed,
i can stream on my tablet,motorised feed on Tuner B,even when encrypted,so im happy again! lol

Apollo 44 popped up this morning as an update on the box.............

grahammcm1888
07-10-14, 19:44
I have just checked again. Not working on v43 with CCcam 2.3.0. Patiently waiting on v44/45/46 to come out.

joysleep1
07-10-14, 20:14
I do not understand how jools has version appollo version 44. I can not find this image on the openvix website, nor can i find it on the software update on my box. It keeps saying nothing to upgrade. Is is because i am using solo 2 and not duo2?

Larry-G
07-10-14, 20:25
very likely because he did his this morning when build 044 finished building but before build 045 was built.

when a image is built it triggers the update icon on the receiver (not rite away, your receiver has to poll the server to ask if a update is available, if yes the icon triggers). The image version available from the online update within the image is always the latest image that has been built, so 045 superseded 044 and 046 will supersede 045 etc etc etc. The version available on www.openvix.co.uk (http://www.openvix.co.uk) is uploaded by us manually and has nothing to do with the online update feature.

There is no need to get your self stressed over this, just wait until Build 046 completes building then try again.

Also if you are using a build prior to 042 you may not have full access to the feeds due the the ocram server issue, this was fixed in build 043 if memory serves.

Donkeyface
07-10-14, 21:27

I have the Quad+ which does allow transcoding, not sure on the Quad tho?

I'm using cccam with oscam, dont know if it makes a difference but it's on 2.1.3.

jools2001
07-10-14, 23:03
@ Joysleep 1

As Phoenix said, idid upload it this morning, as icon was flashing...

joysleep1
08-10-14, 20:04
ok this is confusing. How did it fix for you jools. I have upgraded to apollo 47 and i still cannot stream while my box is in standby mode. Every time i load the VU app. I try to stream an encrypted channel, the little rec icon shows on my box but i never get any picture on my phone. It is definitely not my CCCam line because if i load the channel on the box and then stream that channel, it streams perfectly, when i change the channel, my phone stops streaming. It is like my box has to be on that channel for me to stream but this shouldnt be the case because on previous images it was working fine. What am i doing wrong? Any settings that could be causing this that i do no know about. ??
For example, i would like to be watching sky sports 1 and be streaming sky sports 2 on my tablet. But it doesnt work. I can transcode but would want to stream. If it can transcode, why cant it stream?

Any help would be appreciated

grahammcm1888
08-10-14, 20:10
I dont know if this will help but I have a similar problem. No picture appears on my iphone or ipad with the vu+player HD app but when I use my laptop I can stream and transcode fine. I am on v47 too . When I use the standard vu+player app (which I just downloaded) everything works fine.

joysleep1
08-10-14, 20:27
So Graham, does it work on an android device? On the standard vu app, can you stream an encrypted channel while you're box is in standby mode? What box do you have btw?

grahammcm1888
08-10-14, 20:33
Not sure about Android. I have left my Android device at the office. The standard vu+player app (not the hd one) from the app store does enable me to transcode different channels whilst watching another. Works on both iphone and ipad.

VU duo2 btw.

Donkeyface
08-10-14, 20:46
I'm on android with the vu app and streaming works OK, still got problems with transcoding tho with or without app! BTW I have Quad+ with v047 running. Not sure if helps?

jools2001
08-10-14, 21:07
ok this is confusing. How did it fix for you jools. I have upgraded to apollo 47 and i still cannot stream while my box is in standby mode. Every time i load the VU app. I try to stream an encrypted channel, the little rec icon shows on my box but i never get any picture on my phone. It is definitely not my CCCam line because if i load the channel on the box and then stream that channel, it streams perfectly, when i change the channel, my phone stops streaming. It is like my box has to be on that channel for me to stream but this shouldnt be the case because on previous images it was working fine. What am i doing wrong? Any settings that could be causing this that i do no know about. ??
For example, i would like to be watching sky sports 1 and be streaming sky sports 2 on my tablet. But it doesnt work. I can transcode but would want to stream. If it can transcode, why cant it stream?

Any help would be appreciated

Heres my set up.

Vu Duo 2

1x twin tuner,

Tuner A, feeds 1 sky fixed dish sat feed at 28.2

Tuner B, feeds motorised sat dish

I use either vu + Player v.2.0 Android app or sometimes use Androiddreamer

both now allow me keep watching say sky on main telly,
and i use either of above programmes to zap to something else on Tuner B, motorised feed (ie) say MTV on Astra 19.2
both feeds can be be encrypted,but it will still both decode 2 scrambled chans

When i upgraded yesterday, i also upgraded to Cccam 2.3.0, although before it worked on the last image before Apollo,
i did use Cccam2.0.9 without any problems, but i just loaded the 2.3.0 version when i loaded Apollo v44 yesterday morning,
and it all started working again!
So something must of got fixed in v44!

Just tried it with box in standby, and it still streams no problem.

i know its frustrating,been driving me mad until this update,
hopefully what ive written above, will help your sort yours out too?

Jools 2001

:thumbsup:1

ps

Tuner feeds set as follows

Tuner A Simple

Tuner B Advanced

grahammcm1888
08-10-14, 21:10
Are you still on v44 or did you update to v47?

jools2001
08-10-14, 21:39
Are you still on v44 or did you update to v47?

Stayed on 44,for now!

joysleep1
08-10-14, 22:03
Not sure about Android. I have left my Android device at the office. The standard vu+player app (not the hd one) from the app store does enable me to transcode different channels whilst watching another. Works on both iphone and ipad.

VU duo2 btw.

Yh but can you stream with the box being on standby mode? Not talking about transcoding, I am talking about streaming.

joysleep1
08-10-14, 22:05
i cant fine apollo version 44. It skipped from 43 to 47. I want to try 44

judge
08-10-14, 22:07
i cant fine apollo version 44. It skipped from 43 to 47. I want to try 44

44 was released as an online update. If you missed it, you missed it...

grahammcm1888
08-10-14, 22:18
I cant switch from streaming (8001) to transcode (8002) on the standard app as the port is fixed. Cant switch the box of at the moment anyway as the mrs is watching it!

grahammcm1888
08-10-14, 22:21
For the record streaming and transcoding both work fine on my laptop.

joysleep1
09-10-14, 11:44
well i dont know what it is then, on previous images before apollo i could stream whatever channel i wanted. It cant be a tuner problem because the strangest thing is that i can stream a non encrypted channel fine, when i try an encrypted channel, i get no picture unless my box is currently on that channel. I'm running the latest CCCAm and latest apollo image. I would go back to the older images such as helios and zues where it works fine, but then transcoding doesnt work on them images and i need that. I dont know what else to do.
Can someone try streaming an encrypted channel (not transcoding)throught their receiver while the box is either in standby mode or a another encrypted channel from what the box is currently on.
Please let me know if this works for you.
Please try to use the adroid VU app or any other enigma 2 app that allows streaming.
Thanks

grahammcm1888
09-10-14, 20:52
I will give it a go tomorrow with my Android device mate.

grahammcm1888
10-10-14, 19:05
Just tried the vu app on my android device and I can confirm that it works fine on stream and transcode.

Both non encrypted channels and encrypted channels work when the box is on standby.

joysleep1
11-10-14, 23:41
I dont know what is it then Graham. I upgraded to version 54 of apollo and it still does not work for me. I do not know why i just get a blank screen when i try to stream an encypted channel. Maybe it is something i am doing wrong. All my settings seem correct. I do not know what else to do.
Thanks for testing that tho mate. Appreciate it