PDA

View Full Version : how to use remotestreamconvert plugin

shuggy
21-09-14, 00:41
there is about 3 of these remotestreamcovertors in the plugins, which one do I use, I downloaded a couple but cant see them anywhere, mabey they didn't download properly, ive got an lx3 with 4 tuners in my living room and want to send the channels through to my bedroom where I have a vuduo , do I still need the duo connected to my dish ??? has anyone used this plugin ?? any help appreciated and thanx in advance

judge
21-09-14, 00:53
Menu -> Setup -> Service searching -> Remote channel stream converter.

shuggy
21-09-14, 00:59
thanx m8 but do I need the vuduo in bedroom hooked up to sly dish ??? do I use the plugin on both boxs

Joe_90
21-09-14, 00:59
As an aside, you need to install remotestreamconvert on the duo, not the lx3. Then configure access on the duo to the lx3. It uses ftp to pull the bouquet information from the lx3 and store it on the duo as a remote bouquet. You don't need any dish connection on the duo.

shuggy
21-09-14, 01:06
thanx guys I will have to flash the duo to get lastest plugins but looks like I have enough info :)

shuggy
21-09-14, 16:01
right got my bedrooms vuduo reflashed, installed the first RemoteStreamConvert plugin, went to Menu -> Setup -> Service searching -> Remote channel stream converter. ive put in my lx3 boxes ip and have successfully ftp channels through to vuduo but all channels are black and when I try one it says service unavailable please check tuner configuration, has the tuners to be just same 28.2 ??

shuggy
21-09-14, 16:23
its ok guys I was trying the actual channels that I had put on vuduo with dbedit lol ive found the new channels and all looks good, thanx for the help and for saving me some money buying hdmi extender :)

bert
28-09-14, 12:21
im having the problem that remotestreamconverter says: could not connect to remote ip. All channels are black..
Does anybody know how to solve this?

Rob van der Does
28-09-14, 13:42
Is it during the download of the bouquets viq the plugin? If so, you didn't use the correct user/pass/IP in the setup.

Or did you download the bouquets, and no service shows? If so, do you have 'Authentication' in Menu --> System --> Customise set to 'No'?

bert
29-09-14, 17:28
Is it during the download of the bouquets viq the plugin? If so, you didn't use the correct user/pass/IP in the setup.

Or did you download the bouquets, and no service shows? If so, do you have 'Authentication' in Menu --> System --> Customise set to 'No'?

Its during the download/server setup
It says:
Download from remote failed.

Rob van der Does
29-09-14, 17:39
TRhat must be due to a network issue or wrong user credentials.

bellejt
29-09-14, 17:52
To set remotestream you do not need a password set but the remote IP must be right. Did you answer with no password ? Did you mount the remote box (root) ?

Rob van der Does
29-09-14, 17:54
To set remotestream you do not need a password set ...
That depends on the server box; if a password has been established, you'll need to fill it in here as well.

bellejt
29-09-14, 17:58
my serverbox has a password but remotestream ask you and I just did answer no.The bouquets where downloadable.Main box VU+ DUO2 and remote OS1.

bert
29-09-14, 18:55
i have did exactly like this artikel:
http://www.detransponder.nl/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/mounten-via-ip.pdf

I have a vuduo as a server and a vuplus as a client.
I have not set any passwords.

bert
29-09-14, 20:37
I got it somehow working rightnow.. I now gave the standard root root password... Maybe it works because of that?

I inverted all the channels from the bouquet, but only about 50% is working? Does anybody have an idea why?

Rob van der Does
29-09-14, 20:57
my serverbox has a password ....
Set via telnet?

bert
29-09-14, 22:05
Set via telnet?

yes, i used dcc. There i saw a password.

Do you have an idea how its possible that only 50% of the channels work? it says:
no data on transponder, time out reading pat?

Rob van der Does
30-09-14, 03:13
'no data on transponder, time out reading pat' only shows when using the embedded tuner, not on channels you read from the server box.
If you have no tuner available, you should not use a settingslist, only the RCSC-channels.