PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo2] Inbuilt media player crashing

carbide
19-09-14, 16:45
Hi,
I'm running the latest Apollo image on a Vu+ Duo2.

I used Mount manager to successfully create a windows network share with the local share name of "win" and was able to play media from my PC (using the inbuilt media player). I then changed where my media files were stored on my PC, so deleted that mountpoint on Vix and created another one (share name called, "Movies"). Now whenever I click on the media player button on my remote (next to the stop button), Vix crashes.

Crash report:

action -> InfobarActions showMovies
path is none
[TRASHCAN DeBug path] /media/autofs/
path is none
[TRASHCAN DeBug]
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Screens/MovieSelection.py", line 1328, in reloadWithDelay
File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components/MovieList.py", line 445, in reload
File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components/MovieList.py", line 549, in load
File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components/MovieList.py", line 659, in buildBeginTimeSortKey
OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/media/autofs/win/'
(PyObject_CallObject(<bound method MovieSelection.reloadWithDelay of <class 'Screens.MovieSelection.MovieSelection'>>,()) failed)
]]>
</enigma2crashlog>
</crashlogs>
</openvix>

I've ftp'd into the box and there is definitely a directory called /media/autofs/win/ - I am unable to do anything with that location as I get a "550 failed to change directory' error. Any ideas?

The media player doesn't even give me a chance to manually change location (yellow button) before it crashes.

Thanks in advance.

leonc
04-10-14, 12:37
Hi I am and have been getting this exact error and I would love to get it sorted. I reckon it's a bug. I have sent a crash log and bug report to this forum but got no reply yet. Have got this sorted and how?

oskarso
04-10-14, 13:33
Have also seen this exact error when working with NTFS USB HDD drives, found no solution yet. Are there an alternative player perhaps that are working while we wait for the inbuilt to start working?
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?40994-Build-041-Media-Player-issues-with-NTFS-1T-USB-HDD

judge
04-10-14, 14:19
There is nothing wrong with the inbuilt media player. There might be an issue with ntfs drives (not sure as I don't use one myself)
Best to let the box format the drive.

leonc
05-10-14, 14:21
Media player is another issue about which I would have issues. About this problem of crashing, there is a some type of major bug when you hit media button. It's something about network shares, autfs, trashcan. It crashes all the time.

Larry-G
05-10-14, 15:02
No crashes here using the inbuilt media player but I don't have any network shares etc setup.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

leonc
10-10-14, 22:58
latest trial was installed new image 047. First thing I did was Media button, menu got rid of media trashcan, then sorting and changed sort to alphabetical. Next I went into network browser and the system picked up cifs shares from nas and nfs from pc. Sweet, I then changed access rights to both to ro because of security.

I went to Media and it picked up /media/hdd and /media/autofs ok, and in autofs were all the shares. I browsed a few which were not sorted and I then hit blue button and then the files were sorted as I wanted. Great. I then swithed off the nas box and restarted the receiver. When I went into Media again the system crashed. I have not looked at the log file yet. I restarted the receiver and went into network and deleted the nas mount. This time when I went to media everthing was ok. Go figure something with autofs and trashcan hey.

By the way when I was in Media and nfs share I deleted a file. I was deleted from the menu but not from the pc.

csm7djs
11-10-14, 00:04
I'm having the same issue after installing the latest version last night on an LX3 XPeed

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?41162-Crash-after-pressing-the-media-button

Rob van der Does
11-10-14, 08:02
....I then changed access rights to both to ro because of security.
I was in Media and nfs share I deleted a file. I was deleted from the menu but not from the pc.
So that's OK then.

shuggy
11-10-14, 08:14
had similar problem after flashing lx3 to 47 last night, only this time when I went to install nfs by time it rebooted it just keeps crashing before channels appear, im doing another flash now

carbide
14-10-14, 18:36
Hi I am and have been getting this exact error and I would love to get it sorted. I reckon it's a bug. I have sent a crash log and bug report to this forum but got no reply yet. Have got this sorted and how?

Sorry for the late response.

No, I never managed to resolve the issue so I re-flashed the Duo2 with an older image (early September image) and it has been working fine...so far.