PDA

View Full Version : Direct file transfer from PC to Solo 2

gataboy1
19-09-14, 15:16
My Solo 2 and PC are in the same room and I wondered if its possible to do a file transfer by hard wire (Ethernet or usb connection) instead of an ftp program

abu baniaz
19-09-14, 15:22
FTP program will work using a hardwired eterhente cable. Obviously between devices and router.

You could also try dreamexplorer plugin which will allow you to transfer to USB device. Lots of room for error.

sigpark
19-09-14, 15:39
My Solo 2 and PC are in the same room and I wondered if its possible to do a file transfer by hard wire (Ethernet or usb connection) instead of an ftp program

I use the Samba client add-on from the network options in ViX. From your windows PC you can then see shares for internal + external hdd drives and the flash drive of your tuner (once they are both on fixed or wifi ethernet as noted by abu baniaz of course). See ->

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?36100-Samba-Shares-and-smb-conf-help-needed-please!&highlight=samba+read+only

gataboy1
19-09-14, 16:11
Hi abu baniaz. what FTP program would you recommend..? seem to be so many to chose from..

abu baniaz
19-09-14, 16:18
Filezilla is free.

gataboy1
19-09-14, 16:31
Ok I will check that out. The next question will you groan as I am sure you've been asked this many times but I could really do with a (very simple) step to step guide on how to carry out this process. Would it be possible to point me in the right direction.

duoduo
19-09-14, 17:19
I use andftp app on my android phone mate for everything that needs transferring, very convenient and easy to use.

duoduo
19-09-14, 17:26
Found this from another thread re Filezilla..

Along the top of the program you will see the following boxes.
Host: ( enter the IP address of your receiver here )
Username: This is set to ROOT by default so enter that.
Password: by default this if left blank or password, unless you have changes this. for now enter password.
Port: The default port is 21 so enter that then press the connect button.

If all goes successfully you should now be connected to your receiver. the boxes on the left of the program are your PC those on the right are the internal file structure of your Receiver.*

abu baniaz
19-09-14, 17:44
Have look at this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlDMOj0-XYk

Webserver = Device you are connecting to. In your case, your receiver.

sigpark
19-09-14, 20:11

I must be confused - the question said "instead of an FTP program". Filezilla is an FTP program with a GUI :cool:

Using Samba presents the Solo 2 file system as a series of windows folders - couldn't be any simpler - no instructions needed if you have used folder in windows, and who hasn't?

Each to their own I guess!

gataboy1
19-09-14, 21:20
Sigpark, I think that's the answer I was looking for. I will give it a try tomorrow and let you know. [emoji4]