PDA

View Full Version : [ABM-DVB-S/S2] ABM for Sky UK

ukspeedster
18-09-14, 23:55
Hi,

I'm just setting up my new box with ABM using the VIX guide but I can't seem to get the numbering system which Sky UK uses. When I type 101 for example I get ITV+1.
Also channel numbers 1-44 are not in use.
Anyone able to help me fix this?

Thanks

abu baniaz
19-09-14, 00:38
Which image version are you on? please state the number

What exact settings for ABM are you using.

ukspeedster
19-09-14, 00:55
I'm using the latest image build 37.
On the list of providers I have selected Sky England-LondonHD and Freesat UK. Can't see Sky UK.
All the other settings are the same as in the manual.

abu baniaz
19-09-14, 01:08
In what order have you got the providers? Freesat should come second.

Persoanlly I would use London SD for $ly

ukspeedster
19-09-14, 01:11
Freesat is second.
I'll give London SD a go. I'm only seeing Sky England on the list of providers, not Sky UK. Does this make a difference? Shall I do the scan again?

abu baniaz
19-09-14, 01:25
The four countries were split becasue of the HD swaps, (the manual has not been updated, so select England). Well done for reading.:thumbsup:

Once you have changed settings and saved, run it again.

ukspeedster
19-09-14, 09:03
I have changed to London SD and did a channel scan but still the numbering is wrong.
Also did a full auto scan of the satellite. Bbc1 starts from 1072.

ukspeedster
19-09-14, 09:04
I have changed to London SD and did a channel scan but still the numbering is wrong.
Also did a full auto scan of the satellite. Bbc1 starts from 1072.

abu baniaz
19-09-14, 12:26
Does pressing the numbers on the remote work?

ukspeedster
19-09-14, 12:48
Yes, I can press the number buttons on the remote to go to a channel.

abu baniaz
19-09-14, 12:58
If the correct numbering works, it is worth pointing out the following:

If you have created the main bouquet, then the Enterianment bouquet is the second. The first bouquet contain the 1000 odd chnnels. This is why when you see the entertainment section, the numbers start as 1072. Set it to no or use HD/FTA HD first.

As you have got yourself up and running, May I recommend ZoomZoomLukes xml file

ukspeedster
19-09-14, 13:07
Thank you for your help. I will give that a try and let you know how it goes.

ukspeedster
19-09-14, 22:02
I've managed to get the numbering system working :) It's now matching $ly uk.
The main bouquet numbering is correct but the sub category bouquets such as Entertainment, Sports, etc. show different numbers. Is this right?
There was a bouquet called last scanned which was using channels about 1000 channels. I deleted it by using boxes web console.

abu baniaz
19-09-14, 22:10
The main bouquet numbering is correct but the sub category bouquets such as Entertainment, Sports, etc. show different numbers. Is this right?

That is the way it is. If main bouquet=yes, the entertainment etc will be greater than 1000. If you dont want this "seeming mismatch", use settings as in picture above or don't create main bouquet.

ukspeedster
19-09-14, 22:32
Ok will do. Thanks:)