PDA

View Full Version : shorter boottime start up cam in next vix version??

runmo
24-11-10, 17:54
Hello,

The boottime to start up a cam as for example mgcamd takes long with viximage.
Could this boottime be shorter in next vix version? This would be another improvement.

regards
runmo

andyblac
24-11-10, 23:29
Hello,

The boottime to start up a cam as for example mgcamd takes long with viximage.
Could this boottime be shorter in next vix version? This would be another improvement.

regards
runmo

it is a standard delay (for all cams), as enigma2 can not tell it has start to decode, i could remove the delay but then all you will see the a blank screen untill it start to decode, and i thought people would think it was not starting, that why i left the spinning circle on the screen for a set period to give the video a chance to start to decode.

silverfox0786
24-11-10, 23:51
it is a standard delay (for all cams), as enigma2 can not tell it has start to decode, i could remove the delay but then all you will see the a blank screen untill it start to decode, and i thought people would think it was not starting, that why i left the spinning circle on the screen for a set period to give the video a chance to start to decode.

personally agree with you andy and forthat reason it should be left i prefer watching a hourglass than a blank screen atleast a moving object says to me box is working and doing some thing rather than a blank screen as you say would make ppl think the box has frozen

runmo
25-11-10, 17:48
I understand and I agree, but maybe the delay could be few seconds less for the spinning circle? This because in most cases you already have image and spinning circle is still on screen.
Anyway great job with the image!!!

regards
runmo