PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else fascinated by tomorrows Scottish vote?

judge
17-09-14, 23:22
Without getting into politics too much, anyone else fascinated by tomorrows Scottish vote?
As an Irish voter, good to see it being a democratic vote rather than a hundred years of violence.

Mr. Mister
17-09-14, 23:29
Fascinated would be a wrong word for me.. But i am following it closely..

The only thing i am afraid of in N.I. is our usless bunch of politicians heading off to downing st. looking the same thing..

We all seen how easy the 3 main party leaders all caved in to giving Holyrood more devolution when things started to get tight..

God knows what this means for us here in N.I. after that.. Its gonna be bad with a No vote.. But even worse with a yes vote..

Our lot cant run the bath.. never mind run a country..

God help our wee N.I.

judge
17-09-14, 23:41
Personally, I'd like to see a yes vote, just to see how it works out. Don't think it will happen though.
NI not going to have the same vote for a long time yet.

judge
18-09-14, 00:08
I'm guessing a no vote by about 7+% IMO, pity.

Mr. Mister
18-09-14, 00:12
I think slightly closer than that..

No vote by 4%..

Would be great to hear from some of our scottish members..

corny
18-09-14, 06:09
The ideal of declaring independence is a fine ideal but if i was a Scottish voter no way would i choose the uncertainty a yes vote would bring. Voting no and working towards continued devolution of powers from Westminster has to be the prudent choice.

Having said that, not being Scottish i would be interested to see what happens if the electorate vote yes.

Rob van der Does
18-09-14, 06:38
It would be interesting to know what plans 'yes-voters' have for suddenly running a complete new, very small country.

tomos
18-09-14, 06:43
I think it will be a no vote

chaser
18-09-14, 06:54
I think we'll see a no vote, but it will be close. I'll be putting my 'X' in the box shortly :)

twol
18-09-14, 07:57
Can't wait for a Yes vote.... when they find out that they have to apply for work Visa's amongst all the other non-EU country participants wanting to work in England, should be fun!

billy2222
18-09-14, 08:09
It will be a YES vote from me,just a few months ago it looked like an emphatic no but the tide has turned,the yes vote will win it.

DaMacFunkin
18-09-14, 08:34
My dad and all his family are Scottish, I spent every school holiday I can think of on the banks of the Clyde and I hope Scotland doesn't vote yes, but I also hope that if they do vote no they don't get a better standard of living through tax breaks or better nhs funding than any other part of the uk, I live in the industrial north of England where our laws and taxes are set by west minister too, the industrial north of England that made more revenue for the uk than oil ever has yet still we get a raw deal and still we get on with it.

s1m0nw
18-09-14, 08:55
I got to admit i reckon it will be a yes vote. Am gas fitter by trade so i do alot of driving about and what i see most is yessers rather than the no people.

You can see this by looking at crowds, what people have on their windows and cars. Mind you the no voter may well be a silent majority. Plus bbc arent anyone reporting wrong figures and bias views.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

corny
18-09-14, 09:15
It will be a YES vote from me,just a few months ago it looked like an emphatic no but the tide has turned,the yes vote will win it.

The blatant scaremongering from panicked Westminster politicians in the last week seems to have stemmed the tide.

Bookmakers have it 1/5 No - 7/2 Yes. I'd be very surprised if they are wrong.

billy2222
18-09-14, 19:22
Police are worried about clashes with yes and no voters at the polling stations, all yes voters have to vote today all no voters are to vote tomorrow.:thumbsup:

judge
20-09-14, 00:40
So the no vote won, pity to see scaremongering working & the Scottish give up on their independence.
Also great to see such a high turn-out on voting numbers.

Rob van der Does
20-09-14, 05:08
Indeed good to see that the people who don't want to destroy their country outnumbered those who do by 22%. Who understand that it is virtually impossible for such a small country to be on it's own, in a huge world. Who understand that setting up their own defence, money, banking system, world-wide diplomatic staff etc etc is virtually impossible.
Even a small country like the Netherlands is 3 times as big as Scotland.

Stanman
20-09-14, 10:06
Indeed good to see that the people who don't want to destroy their country outnumbered those who do by 22%. Who understand that it is virtually impossible for such a small country to be on it's own, in a huge world. Who understand that setting up their own defence, money, banking system, world-wide diplomatic staff etc etc is virtually impossible.
Even a small country like the Netherlands is 3 times as big as Scotland.

Luckily your testing is better than your maths, the difference was 10%.

SINGAPORE is even smaller as is Brunei and Belgium. Size is no hindrance to prosperity it's how you spend your money. If you want to interfering in the world you need embassy in every country otherwise you restrict to those countries where you have interests

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Rob van der Does
20-09-14, 10:34
Nope, mats tells me a different story: the difference between 45% and 55% is really 22%!
You need 22% more yes voters to get 55% (as 1.22 times 45 = 55).

Rob van der Does
20-09-14, 10:38
Even Belgium has twice the number of habitants from Scotland.

Point is not that a new country, which Scotland would have been in case the yes-camp would have won, is that it would have to invent a complete new country. That includes, but is by far not limited to, the aspects I mentioned above.