PDA

View Full Version : Power Failure - Duo

ptoni
17-09-14, 10:53
I have an original Duo and last night whilst watching TV, all the sudden the box went dead and does not switch back on. It seems to be a power failure issue as the red light on the front display does not come on - box does not switch on. I have checked the power supply cord and plug which is fine. Please help to inform what is the fix for this problem. The box is less than 2 years old.

DaMacFunkin
17-09-14, 12:46
I would contact Vu+ in the UK and see if they will supply you with a new power supply board.

Alec
17-09-14, 18:33
I have an original Duo and last night whilst watching TV, all the sudden the box went dead and does not switch back on. It seems to be a power failure issue as the red light on the front display does not come on - box does not switch on. I have checked the power supply cord and plug which is fine. Please help to inform what is the fix for this problem. The box is less than 2 years old.

It depends on your expertise, because it means checking voltages with a meter. If the power supply board is faulty, one of the causes is surges in the mains supply. I have all my electronic equipment on surge protection sockets.

cactikid
17-09-14, 21:40
a very overlooked issue not using protection for surge and what about lightning strikes?mine are:thumbsup:

ptoni
18-09-14, 17:34
I have no expertise to check voltages with a meter. If I change the power supply board is this likely to solve the problem and is it easy to replace?

I do not have surge protectors but all other electronics equipment is working fine, just the VU+ box is dead.