PDA

View Full Version : Help Please With Tuner Configuration Setup

tinbin300
16-09-14, 11:24
I have just got the vu+2 with the four tuners,and I am trying to setup A and B tuner.And this is how I have now ,could you please guide me on to set it up.I have put the latest Catseye E2 Settings File 75 East-60 on ,and the dish is on Astra 28 .I hope you can help me please ,and correct what I might have done wrong.:confused::confused:

Tuner configuration
Tuner A Vuplus DVB-SNIM {AVL6222}
DVB-S2]
Posioner :Usals
Tuner B Vuplus DVB-SNIM [AVL6222]
DVB-S2]
Tuner C- not configured
- D - -
Tuner Settings
Configuration mode - simple
Mode Positioner
Longitude ----- West
Latitude ----- North
Extra Motor Options -NO

Tuner B:Vuplus DVB_ S Nim [AVL6222DVB-S2
Loop Through To Tuner A
Tuner Settings
Configuration Mode - Loop Through To Connected To Tuner A Vuplus
DVB-S2]
Positioner Setup
Tune And Focas
Movement
Set Limits
Memory Index o.1
GOTO 000.0
East
000db
Snr :0Ber 0
Lock: Not Locked Frequency : OMZ

Symbolrate . 0
Fec : Auto
Polarisation Horizontal

abu baniaz
16-09-14, 12:31
Describe your dish/lnb/number of ports/number of cables/diseqc switches.

Oncwe we now what your physical hardware is, we can assist further. I am guessiing you have a motorised dish with a twin lnb. Rather than guess, better to confirm.

tinbin300
16-09-14, 15:10
There are 2 cables coming from the lnb in to the house ,it is a motorized system .The 2 cables used to go in to the back of a vu+duo box ,the dish will move from astra 28 to hispasat 30w.I now have the vu2 box now with 4 tuners at back off the box with A B C D,my son put the 2 cable in too tuner A and Tuner B . The dish is a ISS High Gain Dish ,and I think the lnb is a universal twin lnb .Does that help m8 ?

abu baniaz
16-09-14, 16:16
Tuner with cable to motor dish needs to be set as motorised.
Tuner with cable direct to motorised lnb needs to be set to "2nd cable of motorised lnb"
other two can to be set to loop through.

I would connect cables to A and C.

Set following for internal loopthrough.
B loop to A
D loop to C

Might be an idea to get a mini dish for 28.2 though.

tinbin300
16-09-14, 20:25
Thank you very much for your replys ,I will let my son do that in the morning and I will let you know how we get on .

tinbin300
17-09-14, 13:40
Thank you very much for your help abu baniaz,its working fine now fingers crossed .:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: