PDA

View Full Version : Quad on OM 4.2

madaboutlotus
15-09-14, 18:53
Hi
Can anyone tell me where the menus is to adjust the user interface to fit my screen size? I have looked through all the menus and I must be missing something.

stanley1
15-09-14, 19:15
menu > setup >system > user interface > position setup

madaboutlotus
15-09-14, 22:45
menu > setup >system > user interface > position setup
Hi
Position setup is not on that menu. I have eventually found it as a OSD Position Setup plugin. Never seen it there before, but I have been used to Vix images.

judge
15-09-14, 22:54
Hi
Position setup is not on that menu. I have eventually found it as a OSD Position Setup plugin. Never seen it there before, but I have been used to Vix images.

Much better turning overscan off on your TV, if possible.

madaboutlotus
15-09-14, 23:14
Much better turning overscan off on your TV, if possible.
Yes possibly but I have adjusted to suit at the moment. Another request. I have loaded the ABM and performed a scan with crossEPG but the Bouquets do not appear when I select epg on the remote. I get the graphical listing of all channels as the default. Some clues please as to what I have not set up correctly.

abu baniaz
15-09-14, 23:20
Don't think you have done anything wrong. When you press EPG, you will open the bouquet which you were in last. So if you zapped to chanenl using numbers (presuming you have generated main bouquet when uisng ABM) you are actually in the main bouquet. If you had opened bouquet and slected teh chanenl taht way, you should be in teh bouquet.

While in EPG, you can swap between the bouquets by pressing < & > next to "0" button. Press help for more options while in EPG

judge
15-09-14, 23:22
Yes possibly but I have adjusted to suit at the moment. Another request. I have loaded the ABM and performed a scan with crossEPG but the Bouquets do not appear when I select epg on the remote. I get the graphical listing of all channels as the default. Some clues please as to what I have not set up correctly.
Sorry, but makes absolutely no sense?

madaboutlotus
16-09-14, 07:23
Sorry, but makes absolutely no sense?
OK, I will add a screen dump later and explain. What I was looking for was a menu that came up like the bouquets list on Vix where you can select 'Favourites' 'HD Channels' 'News' 'Sport' etc.

madaboutlotus
18-09-14, 12:23
While in EPG, you can swap between the bouquets by pressing < & > next to "0" button. Press help for more options while in EPG
Hi
No other bouquest are selected using that method on my remote? I know all the Bouquets have been sorted because I checked them on Open webif, but I can't seem to get to other bouquets via the remote?

stanley1
18-09-14, 12:44
have you tried Rats bouquet updater plugin.

abu baniaz
18-09-14, 12:51
Hi
No other bouquest are selected using that method on my remote? I know all the Bouquets have been sorted because I checked them on Open webif, but I can't seem to get to other bouquets via the remote?
Apologies, just realised you are not using Vix.

madaboutlotus
18-09-14, 13:31
Apologies, just realised you are not using Vix.
No, I would if were stable on my box! Hopefully there will be a version that will work again. :thumbsup:

madaboutlotus
19-09-14, 12:45
Following another helpful post I have sussed the method of getting the other bouquets but it is a bit of a task to get another bouquet 7 day EPG compared to Vix. If you are viewing say a programme in the News bouquet you can view the 7 day EPG by pressing EPG on the remote. If you press EXIT and then press the up/down above/below the OK button, you then have a Blue button selection for Favourites. By pressing Favourites you can then select another bouquet, say Entertainment which will bring up the appropriate channel list but not a 7 day EPG. You have to select a programme and view it, then you can press EPG and it will then give you a 7 day EPG for that Bouquet.

Is there not an easier way of going between bouquets to get the 7 Day EPG displayed instantly?

Larry-G
19-09-14, 13:01
I know this is not what you want to read but Andy has spent several hundreds of hours making the EPG in ViX the single best out of ALL images out there bar none, you simply wont get better else where in my opinion.

madaboutlotus
19-09-14, 13:12
I know this is not what you want to read but Andy has spent several hundreds of hours making the EPG in ViX the single best out of ALL images out there bar none, you simply wont get better else where in my opinion.
Phoenix, I whole heartly agree, it is the DB on Vix, but as I cannot use Vix with Apollo at the moment, I have to make do with the alternative on 4.2 so was just hoping there was someone as clever as Andy working Openmips!

Larry-G
19-09-14, 13:14
There is nothing stopping them from incorporating Andys EPG code into their image, but most images now adays prefer to just throw that god awful coolepg rubbish in there and call it a day.

madaboutlotus
19-09-14, 13:22
There is nothing stopping them from incorporating Andys EPG code into their image, but most images now adays prefer to just throw that god awful coolepg rubbish in there and call it a day.
I know what you mean Pheonix it is garbage. The Openmips EPG is not too bad but not as slick as Andy's. Who would Andy have to persuade to get his coding into Openmips. I guess it ain't that simple :)

Larry-G
19-09-14, 13:35
It really just comes down to what the image makers feel their users want. And most either overlook or severely undervalue a really good EPG experience. Something we have always worked hard to give our users.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

skippie
01-10-14, 17:47
I totally agree pheonix but is there a solution for the double entries in the belgian and dutch epg list?

abu baniaz
01-10-14, 18:38
I totally agree pheonix but is there a solution for the double entries in the belgian and dutch epg list?
Start your thread and document what you mean so people understand.

titch04
12-10-14, 15:55
can you use softcam keys on openmips 4.2 cant find it?

abu baniaz
12-10-14, 17:03
We do not discuss softcam keys on this forum.

titch04
12-10-14, 17:17
well someone was talking to me about it before lol