PDA

View Full Version : Media player has really improved - Been doing some testing

Sicilian
27-04-10, 11:58
Had some spare time this morning so been playing around with testing some mkv files, 1080 and 720 both with DTS audio.

I've now found that both 1080 & 720 mkv files with DTS audio are playing perfect. Resolution is correct, used to play back widescreen files stretched.

I've played back these files from a network mount on a PC. So you can either open Mediaplayer and navigate to the network mount or installed hard disk.

Another way to playback MKV's is to press the recording's button on your remote and navigate to your mount, HDD or wherever the mkv file is stored. Select the file and press ok.

I'm using OpenPLi with all latest update's. I've got admit I'm really happy with the playback of the mkv's and am considering disconnecting my Sumvision MKV enclosure and using the VU+ Duo to playback my mkv files now :)

Monty
27-04-10, 12:07
Sounds good. I originally was not interested in the media player, but found it could be very useful at times.
On the latest BH image, I'm getting no audio on all mkv's and a couple of other issues, like network browser can see my PC but can't expand to show all shared drives, but it does see snd connect to my PCH.
I spose I'll try the OpenPLi again. I did like it and found it easiest to setup and everything I had tried worked.

bobonthejob
27-04-10, 12:14
Im thinkning the same at the moment. I do like the BH Image....but am thinking of putting Pli back on..

dfdream
06-05-10, 23:12
I can confirm that MKV playback is much improved.
One question I have HD XVID Avis that wont play back.
Are they just not supported.

D