PDA

View Full Version : Getting started with free satellite

Nunhead_Man
15-09-14, 10:03
Newbie alert!

In a new place with an existing Sky feed and Sky PVR, a spare set of cables from the Sky dish and a dead Topfield PVR - I've been well supported by the Toppy forum and the "mystuff" mob in previous place where there was a good loft aerial for a digital signal.

Just wondering about what to do - get a new aerial, use the Skye dish for freeview -any thoughts team ?

TVM in advance all

abu baniaz
15-09-14, 12:35
Welcome to the forum.

You can use the Sky receiver for Free to Air chanenls without a problem. Some chanenls are Free to View in whcih case you need an viewing card in the receiver.

Nunhead_Man
15-09-14, 13:48
Welcome to the forum.

Thank you

You can use the Sky receiver for Free to Air channels without a problem. Some channels are Free to View in which case you need an viewing card in the receiver.

Err - I know I can get the free to view channels on the Sky box but was wondering if I can attach a "freehold" (not rented) box with a VIX driven PVR.

By "attach" I mean not only if it would work but if I need anything between the "tails" of the two free Sky cables and whatever box I buy

abu baniaz
15-09-14, 13:50
Yes you can connect your own receiver. They are standard f plugs that will screw on to the tuner inputs of your chosen receiver, no need for anything else.

Nunhead_Man
15-09-14, 15:45
Thanks again

They are standard f plugs that will screw on to the tuner inputs of your chosen receiver, no need for anything else.

Does "f" stand for anything?

And what do the panel think of the Miraclebox Linux HD Receivers versus the GiGaBlue HD QUAD

Again TVM in advance all

abu baniaz
15-09-14, 15:50
Does "f" stand for anything?

I dont know. if you are interested.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/F_connector