PDA

View Full Version : Gigablue Quad Plus Subtitles

steo7
13-09-14, 19:30
Hi folks

I finally got my first linux box yesterday and have managed to get it set up..However I am one issue. Im running vix image and on some channels, the subtitles are being shown and I cant seem to turn them off.. Most channels dont show them,its just the UK ones like BBC1 and 2 HD, Channel 4 hd, E4,4seven and a few others.. it seems to be aimed at channels which are freeview..

Cant understand why and ive been playing with the settings all day to no avail... any help or advice appreciated..

mcquaim
13-09-14, 20:09
Go to Menu->Setup->System->Audio Language Selection and set the subtitle language to None!

steo7
16-09-14, 13:52
Thanks for the reply mate!! i had actually sorted it shortly after I posted lol... I tried your suggestion also,but they still showed up on the uk based channels for some reason.. As always it was a easy solution which makes you feel rather silly ha... any channel which they showed up on which was a select few, I just had to press the opt button on the remote followed by the ok button and then they disappeared ..:o

aswojcik
11-07-15, 22:37
I have opposite problem. On my GigaBlue HD I have tried to set up subtitles but unsuccessfully. They are several options to choose from...any clues?

ItFellOnDeafEars
13-10-15, 10:48
Sorry to hijack this but can someone confirm that the box does indeed play subtitles on recorded programs?

Larry-G
14-10-15, 17:26
Sorry to hijack this but can someone confirm that the box does indeed play subtitles on recorded programs?

The way Enigma works is by simply recording every thing in the transport stream, this includes all language files and any other data such as subtitles etc.

The best thing I can suggest is to FTP one of the recordings from your receiver (.TS file) to your PC, then in something like VLC media player see if you can toggle subtitles on/off this way you know for certain if they are recorded or not. If they are then the issue lies with Enigma if not then there is little to nothing that can be done about it.