PDA

View Full Version : DreamBox Authenticity test

silverfox0786
24-11-10, 00:24
Hi guys thought i would post this its a way of findong if your dreambox is genuine

The Dreambox has evolved into one of the leading satellite and media receivers on the world market.

Not in the least due to the selection of premium components, stable software and customer-friendly support.

When using a genuine Dreambox, you can rely on knowing that the true promise of the latest functionality, best security and complete support is provided for our product, the Dreambox.

The purchase of a genuine Dreambox gives you the following advantages:

•You are guaranteed to obtain a technologically faultless and tested receiver.
•You are eligible for customer service by Dream-Multimedia.
•You benefit from the latest improvements and feature enhancements of the software.
•You can promptly install all newly issued software updates from Dream-Multimedia on your Dreambox without hesitation.
How can I find out whether my Dreambox is an original?
To verify whether you have a genuine Dreambox, Dream-Multimedia provides a quick and easy online verification, the authenticity test.

On your Dreambox you can find a plugin to generate a verification code. Please enter this displayed code in the field for the authenticity test.

http://www.dream-multimedia-tv.de/en/authenticity-test

charliesen
24-11-10, 01:11
lol I think the price you paid for the box would tell you if its a clone or not.
It would be usefull for someone buying a second hand box though .
Nice find

silverfox0786
24-11-10, 03:07
lol I think the price you paid for the box would tell you if its a clone or not.
It would be usefull for someone buying a second hand box though .
Nice find

very true but its aimed at the second hand market as myself and a few others have genuine DM's that are said to be geniuine by the seller so this is what will confirm it

Stanman
24-11-10, 20:28
The plugin on the box does not work, it keep saying something about SSL

silverfox0786
24-11-10, 20:47
i couldn't even find the pluin to download can you explain how you got the plugin then i'll look at why its not working SSL is to do with its talkback with the dream server

Stanman
24-11-10, 21:09
if you go into downloads-addons/plugins and its the dreambox links browser, on the menu tree the authenticity check is there.

Larry-G
24-11-10, 21:12
that plugin is for E2 boxes only. the method that silverfox described above is only achievable when used with official original Dream multimedia firmware and not the third party firmwares such as open pli.

Stanman
24-11-10, 21:19
Does any one have the official image for 7020?
Bit silly to put a E2 plugin on a E1 image:confused:

Larry-G
24-11-10, 21:23
you can get the original images directly from the dream multimedia site.
this is the latest version for the DM7020 (Release from 12.09.2005)

http://www.dream-multimedia-tv.de/firmware/dm7020/dm7020-20050912.nfi
and the instruction manual

http://www.dream-multimedia-tv.de/download/manual_english_7020.pdf

Stanman
24-11-10, 21:54
This wont bork my box in the remote possiability its not orginal?

Larry-G
24-11-10, 22:05
i cant say for certain yes or no. as far as i am aware it was only the gemini image that damaged cloned boxes but the risk is yours to take.

silverfox0786
24-11-10, 23:12
This wont bork my box in the remote possiability its not orginal?

i don't think it will break your box as for bork your box that i can almost garuntee wont happen :roflmao:

Stanman
27-11-10, 14:25
OK, have installed the official image but still no plugin or the links browser in blue button.