john doe
12-09-14, 16:26
Has anyone updated to 032? Are feeds working

scouse645
12-09-14, 16:28
Hi, i have and it's working fine.

abu baniaz
12-09-14, 16:34
TM nano, TM nano 2 super, lx3 all fine. Not got round to TM twin yet.

john doe
12-09-14, 16:44
Sounds good to go (update)? I'll give it a go and see.

Am I right in saying this is a fresh reflash with no backup

nsw9154
12-09-14, 16:47
Sounds good to go (update)? I'll give it a go and see.

Am I right in saying this is a fresh reflash with no backup

Yes mate no backups just did my LX3 the longest part is scanning in the channels and setting ABM and CrossEPG up

Larry-G
12-09-14, 16:48
My Solo2 has been on build 032 since last night, and no issues with the feeds here. However, build 032 is now the only build with feeds, ALL earlier Images and Builds no longer have feeds.

john doe
12-09-14, 16:48
Just check software update on solo2 and feeds are down. Also checked plugins and they down. Is this correct

Larry-G
12-09-14, 16:49
Just check software update on solo2 and feeds are down. Also checked plugins and they down. Is this correct

Give me a second to check, they were fine when I checked this morning.

nsw9154
12-09-14, 16:51
The feeds are working at my end just checked for my Duo2 and LX3 plugins working fine I have just downloaded some and set up Samba on both receivers

abu baniaz
12-09-14, 16:52
You can't update. You can upgrade.

You have to flash image from scratch.

Larry-G
12-09-14, 16:54
Give me a second to check, they were fine when I checked this morning.

yep Solo2 feeds are working perfectly fine here on build 032.

Larry-G
12-09-14, 16:56

to update to build 032 you have to reflash, although you should be able to do this via the image manager "couch flash", you can use a settings backup from your current image if it is after build 025 if before build 025 you need to do a total fresh install with no backups.

john doe
12-09-14, 16:57
Sorry meant upgrade. Just waiting on Phoenix about feeds

john doe
12-09-14, 17:01
Can I still flash even though it says feeds are down. I've restarted box but still saying feeds down

Larry-G
12-09-14, 17:03
It will say feeds are down as they are for all builds except build 032, download build 032 and reflash the receiver and you will have access to the feeds.

john doe
12-09-14, 17:04
Cheers Phoenix. Will give it ago now and and let you now outcome.

nsw9154
12-09-14, 17:09
I have subsequently Deleted all Image and Backups prior to Apollo-32 on both my Duo2 and LX3 but will save them for prosperity on my PC :fart2: :D

john doe
12-09-14, 17:39
All working and so are feeds. Thanks for the support people

bonzi
15-09-14, 20:37
New update to Apollo.035 treu USB and via
the image manager "couch flash", you can use a settings backup from your current image !

John57
16-09-14, 09:40
Good Morning pheonix

Since the purchase of my Vu+Solo 2 I have remained on Apollo 24 and all is well and working but now looking to progress and move forward with latest version of Apolo 32 in order to keep up-to-date.

I have both followed and read most all of the good and positive comments/suggestions that you and other forum members have shared and would like confirmation if it's OK to go from 24 to 32 taking into account all that has been covered so far, i.e.

( to update to build 032 you have to reflash, although you should be able to do this via the image manager "couch flash", you can use a settings backup from your current image if it is after build 025 if before build 025 you need to do a total fresh install with no backups)

I am completely new to the forum and to up-dating my receiver but willing to try in order to keep pace with the good software changes that keep getting updated via the great development team.

Pheonix, I have a second question, I am at the moment totally apple mac compliant so no PC do you or any other members have any good tips or suggestions (apart from getting a new pc) to be able to use the files that are provided using a mac as I initially downloaded one file and I was not able to to flash the unit, of course using the in built auto updater would be my preferred method in the future)

Thanks pheonix/team

John.

Giffi
16-09-14, 12:22
Hello... Why can't I update my software on my VU+Solo2...?? It keeps telling my that feeds are down for maintenance...?? I am running 029

abu baniaz
16-09-14, 13:16
Hello... Why can't I update my software on my VU+Solo2...?? It keeps telling my that feeds are down for maintenance...?? I am running 029
The feeds for images older than 32 have been deleted. Peforming online updates/installing plugin from feeds is not possible. You will get a notification that that feeds are down for maintenance. To use the plugin feeds, you must flash latest image (or Apollo 32 as a minimum)

Latest images are on www.openvix.co.uk (http://www.openvix.co.uk)

Larry-G
16-09-14, 14:24
I have both followed and read most all of the good and positive comments/suggestions that you and other forum members have shared and would like confirmation if it's OK to go from 24 to 32 taking into account all that has been covered so far, i.e.

( to update to build 032 you have to reflash, although you should be able to do this via the image manager "couch flash", you can use a settings backup from your current image if it is after build 025 if before build 025 you need to do a total fresh install with no backups)

Yes you should be able to "couch" flash the image.

Blue button> ViX> Backup manager> green button (New backup)

Blue button> ViX> Image manager> yellow button (Downloads), Now press the green button to download the image you want, you will be perfectly fine to go directly to build 035. Once the download has completed go back to the image manager and use the blue button to restore the build you want to use. As the receiver reboots select yes to restore the settings backup you made earlier.

Pheonix, I have a second question, I am at the moment totally apple mac compliant so no PC do you or any other members have any good tips or suggestions (apart from getting a new pc) to be able to use the files that are provided using a mac as I initially downloaded one file and I was not able to to flash the unit, of course using the in built auto updater would be my preferred method in the future)

There are not a lot of apps for mac users sadly, the only one I know of is IdreamX.

Larry-G
16-09-14, 14:28
The feeds for images older than 32 have been deleted. Peforming online updates/installing plugin from feeds is not possible. You will get a notification that that feeds are down for maintenance. To use the plugin feeds, you must flash latest image (or Apollo 32 as a minimum)

Latest images are on www.openvix.co.uk (http://www.openvix.co.uk)

Just to point out, even from images that no longer have access to the feeds (such as ViX 3.0) you can still access the image manager downloads section, which allows you to download Apollo build 032 or 035 from the server to use with the couch flashing method.

John57
16-09-14, 16:52
Good Afternoon Pheonix

Just like to thank you for your detailed answer which has really helped me.
Learning all of this is going to be a steep learning curve but it's a step that I am willing to undertake, I guess I just have to approach each update sensibly and not rush into it.

Many thanks for your continued support.

Regards
John.

Larry-G
16-09-14, 17:02
Many thanks for your continued support.

Regards
John.

I am always more than happy to help where ever possible, if you do ever need help dont think twice about asking on the forum.

arnie2014
05-10-14, 12:52
Hi all

what it is when i first got my vu+ solo2 box it came preinstalled with blackhole and i wanted Vix on it, so i downloaded the latest vix, and flashed it onto the box but i lost everything, all my channels, setup the lot.

Now im wondering is their a way i can move from blackhole to vix without losing all my setup etc

Stanman
05-10-14, 15:04
The only setting you really neec are autotimers and your cam configs and tyhese you can copy acrossd via FTP and put back on.

There is no way you can do a settimgs back up frtom one image tyo asnother am aftraid.

arnie2014
05-10-14, 15:10
ok thank you

i did notice when i first flashed vix onto my box and lost everything the actual display when all strange like it was kinda pixelated or something,

do you know what could of caused this to happen to the display?

also what are the auto-timers please