PDA

View Full Version : EPG on Disc HD and Nat Geo HD on 28.2

dfdream
27-04-10, 10:42
Anyone having issue with no EPG updates on EPG on Disc HD and Nat Geo HD on 28.2.

I havent done an openpli update in nearly 2 weeks if this is an issue.

Anyone else on rytec and no EPG on Disc HD and Nat Geo HD on 28.2.

D

bobonthejob
27-04-10, 10:47
I have had a few issues with the BH image to be honest...sometimes it seems that it does not get the updates in the morning. Or i have lost it all and have to manually update again.

Sicilian
27-04-10, 10:57
Noticed the same thing here with OpenPLi, going to give there a try http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/showthread.php?201-Latest-Rytec-channels-and-sources-files-to-go-here&p=1628&viewfull=1#post1628

dfdream
27-04-10, 13:49
Sic,

So the latest updates in PLI didnt solve the Disc and nat geo HD epg ?
How are you finding the recent openpli updates. Any problems since the 4.5 drivers.
I see youve seen big improvements on media playback on your other post.

I have one question. when zapping channels I sometimes get the spinning cogs while the HD spins up. I dont have timeshift installed.
Once the disk spins up the channel changes. The only thing I can put it down to is that I installed the picons initally to HD and then removed them and installed on usb key and something legacy still checks the HD causing the spin up.
Or is there something else causing the hd to spin up on zapping.

I also intend to do a from scratch build of the whole machine and wonder would I be best to re-initalise the HD and wipe the usb key to ensure that there is nothing historic in there.

D

Sicilian
27-04-10, 14:04
In all honesty, my most favourite image is OpenPLi, simple and clean to use and does what it says on the tin :)

Media playback is great now imo, just the fast forward and rewind only works on time skipping. Not had any spinning cogs here changing channels no. May install your picons on to a USB stick. Just create a folder called picon. OpenPLi will pick them up provided they're named by channel ref's.

Prob best to do a fresh install if its been a while, there have been a lot of updates.

Btw tried the sources & channels files, so no epg on disc hd or those other channels u mentioned.

dfdream
27-04-10, 22:01
Sic,

I took a backup again from pre 18th updates and ran software update. 51 packages installed.
I rebooted and it loaded up fine. But when I press the red button to record current program to end I green screen.
I rebooted again and opened single channel epg and added current program to timer but received error "Timer Sanity Error".

I reloaded the backup and all the above worked again.

I have downloaded latest full download but dont have time to setup manual positions on rotor and plugins etc.

Is there an easy way to save the motor settings, i can install plugins.

I have crash log after update if its any good to any one.

D

Sicilian
28-04-10, 06:17
Its probably crashed because of the amount of updates. Main reason is prob becuase the E3 kernal upgraded to 2.6.18-7.3 on 23/03/10. Regards the motor positions you should be able to save all your settings by using blue button software management > backup system settings. Then using the restore option.