PDA

View Full Version : Changing from BlackHole to Vix

alanos
11-09-14, 20:51
Hi, I bought a second-hand Vu+Duo from Fleabay last weekend, and have been playing around with it ever since.

I have read a lot of posts on forums like this one, and the general consensus is that Vix is much better than Black Hole, which I have found to be quite complicated and counter-intuitive. So I would like to wipe the box and install a Vix image, however I don't want to lose the Sly channels that are all working. Could someone please let me know which files I will need to back up before I flash the box, and also where I need to reinsert these files after the flash?

I m a total newbie to the satellite box scene, but I am very tech minded and competent with FTP etc.

Cheers in advance.

Alan

EDIT

Also I am worried I might brick the box, so is there a tutorial for flashing the image to my box? I mean, do I need to do a hard reset first or do I just go ahead and flash the image straight on there? Do I need to format the HDD? Which is the best image to use in the UK? Please help? Cheers again :-)

nsw9154
11-09-14, 21:12
Hello :wave: welcome to the forum check out the vix guides in the (Quick support menu section) all the information you will need is their :)

alanos
11-09-14, 22:03
Hi, thanks for the reply! Sorry for being dumb, but could you please link me to the relevant section? I have had a look through them but couldn't see a 'quick support menu' :-(
cheers

EDIT

Never mind, as soon as i posted my reply I spotted it!! thanks again

heyho
12-09-14, 08:09
Alanos. Blackhole was my first image when I got my Vu+Uno. Stayed with it for several months as I liked the MetrixHD skin. But later releases of BH weren't compatible so I decided to look elsewhere. Tried most the main firmware and ended up going for OpenVix. A very light weight package and I only add a preferred skin, TSmedia and CCCam to it. Find it much easier and like (or was that liked) the fact that you can do an upgrade from within the Firmware rather than a full reflash that you have to do in BH. As I say that is now liked as recent firmware upgrades for OpenVix have required a full reflash.

As for Sly channels, don't worry. There are settings you can download from within OpenVix that create al you want and there is Autobouquet maker as well.