PDA

View Full Version : HELP - setting up/fixing a Vu+ Solo box

swash18
11-09-14, 13:54
Hi guys, forgive me if I am in the wrong section here I am completely new to this.

I have been given a Vu+ Solo box from my dad which was set up on an old version of Vix, however none of the Sky Channels would load. As advised on Tech Kings I have tried to flash the Vu+ Solo with the latest Apollo 30 flash. However once the flash stage has been complete I am receiving nothing but a blank screen on my TV.

I did upload a bootlader I am not sure if it was the latest one though VuPlus here is the one I used http://vuplus.com/downloadSoftwareUpdateContent.htm?idx=5&pagenum=1. I sent it to my usb in vuplus/solo folder. Plugged it in turned on box waited for the green light to flash. I assume that this is the bootloader done.

The next stage I deleted the CFE file from my USB I have download the latest image Apollo 30 from this website and saved these files to the USB: image version, kernel_cfe_auto.bin, reboot.update, root_cfe_auto.jffs2 and splash_cfe_auto.bin. Again I plug in the USB to the box power it back up and watch the box lights change from orange to red and eventually I get a green blinking light again. I then unplug the USB and hit restart (I have tried powering it down and back up again) This is where the box should boot up into the enigma set up right? But all I am getting at this stage is a black screen. The TV is recognised the box as it pops up with 720p output.

Any suggestions on what else I can try to rectify this problem? Maybe a direct link to the correct bootloader and the latest flash?

And just to confirm on the base of the Vu+ solo does have a sticker on the bottom it says Vu+ Solo BN: 02110001 SN: MA002402426.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Sicilian
11-09-14, 15:56
You can start by stick to one thread! Others closed.

swash18
11-09-14, 16:05
You can start by stick to one thread! Others closed.

Sorry I am just new to all of this and was not sure where to post. Apologies for any offense caused.