PDA

View Full Version : In my day something called analogue was all the rage

Satdumbum
10-09-14, 13:56
Hello, first of all thanks for the advice I've already had reading posts. I am not completely green as in the 80's I held an NEC satellite dealership installing analogue a/v systems for the great and the good of Cheshire. NEC was a premium product with a price to match and the manuals and service info was superb. However I've been away from the satellite TV scene for over 20 years and everything but the laws of physics has changed, and my heads a lot older and more befuddled! I am the proud owner of a new Vu+ Duo on a motorised dish. I love the duo2 but hate the documentation, or rather the lack of it! I'm sure to cook up soon and need help - so please be gentle with me.

I am still setting up the kit really and seeing what I can get I'll paste a strap line I use which summarises my kit:-

"Miserable, fat, ugly, old sod. Vu+ Duo2 2 dual DVB-S2, 1gig pvr, 1 mtr motorised - technomate 2300, 60cm on 28.2, Onkyo TX-NR 609 & JBL 5.1, Panasonic DMR-HWT 1gig freeveiw pvr, Samsung LE40A656 LCD, Sony PS3, Sony u-matic & VHS, Asus media pc and a partridge in a pear tree.

abu baniaz
10-09-14, 14:37
Welcome to the forum.

Have a read of the Vix Manual in the guides section for the literature you crave.

Larry-G
10-09-14, 15:36
Ah the NEC, I remember those well, had one my self about 25 years ago (when I was 11 years old lol).

welcome to WoS, if you need any help just ask, and as abu said there is a excellent ViX user manual available that should provide you with all the basics you need. you can download it from our download site www.openvix.co.uk

Satdumbum
10-09-14, 16:28
Brilliant! The manual is truly excellent. At last literature that matches the quality of the kit. Rob deserves a medal. A bloody big medal.

nsw9154
10-09-14, 16:37
had one my self about 25 years ago (when I was 11 years old lol).

you young pup my youngest Daughter is the same age :rolleyes::p

Larry-G
10-09-14, 16:45
you young pup my youngest Daughter is the same age :rolleyes::p

Yeah I saved up my paper round money and bought a NEC satellite (cant remember the model) with a 3 meter channel master dish from a neibour who was upgrading his kit. Cost me £700 in total if memory serves.

Larry-G
10-09-14, 16:50
you young pup

LOL I dont feel young any more, 36 today and I feel like i'm 96 thanks to my knackered knees, shoulders, elbows and fingers (combination of more than a few bike accidents and a hard landing from a parachute jump).

nsw9154
10-09-14, 17:04
Happy Birthday mate :beer_toast: funnily enough when I was 36 just had my Birthday in January I got taken out by a Granada at Sappers Corner in February it left me with a knackered knee wrists and Shoulder but my Bike was a Kawasaki Z650 lol absolutely nothing to do with Satellites but their ya go, as a mater of fact I think that I had just set a pace 800 Analogue Dish & receiver up bought the kit from Granada in the Shopping centre :)